vCash

USCe with $27MM shortfall in athletic budget

Clink

Anyone know other SEC numbers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Clink

Anyone know other SEC numbers?
    Reading thru the article - it was actually a $50million shortfall before the SEC sent out $23 million in COVID relief. That is staggering.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I bet the city got hurt as well.

vCash
    They spent +20M on their horrible commuter school football stadium. Basically, they are Memphis State and the SEC made the mistake of taking them in.

In a time machine to 1990. I wish the SEC had gone Texas and Texas A&M in the west and Clemson and Virginia Tech in the East

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    They spent +20M on their horrible commuter school football stadium. Basically, they are Memphis State and the SEC made the mistake of taking them in.

In a time machine to 1990. I wish the SEC had gone Texas and Texas A&M in the west and Clemson and Virginia Tech in the East
    We in no shape, form, or fashion would want to do what it would have taken to get Texas. We got the one of the Big Two in Texas who is the most compatible with the SEC, or any other conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

If we have to expand, VA TECH and NC State are who we want. They are the most compatible. Most importantly they would bring two state's TV markets with them. You won't see the SEC ever take two from the same state or one from a state we are already in. Our forefathers in Mississippi screwed up basically everything they ever did, except for us and the Confederate bastards becoming charter members of the SEC.

vCash
    I do wish we could have got Maryland as opposed to Missouri. Better fit geographically and the DC area TV market is bigger and more influential. My understanding is we tried, very hard.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 06-12-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Maryland isn't in the southeast?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well, it is below the Mason Dixon line. You also wouldn't have a team west of the Mississippi in the SEC East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    It’s not about Geography- Maryland is basically North East in Culture

The whole state is basically a $50 toll stop to drive to Jersey or New York from DC

They also have huge communities of Somalians and Palestinians, so it doesn’t resemble the Southeast very much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I do wish we could have got Maryland as opposed to Missouri. Better fit geographically and the DC area TV market is bigger and more influential. My understanding is we tried, very hard.
    Maryland has zero fans. I was unfortunate to live in the swamp for a spell. Nobody likes Maryland, nobody cares. UVA, Duke, and Notre Dame could play in DC and sell out every game, not Maryland. They are basically the Southern Miss of their region.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 06-12-2021 at 12:56 PM.

vCash
    It's about TV markets, and only TV markets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It's about TV markets, and only TV markets.
    Then why do we have USCe that is the embarrassing little brother of Clemson and Mizzou that basically does not exist even in St Louis. To STL press, Mizzou is treated like a little League team at Williamsport. The Catholic HS rivalries are more interesting than Mizzou in the State of Missouri. Yeah, I lived in Missouri for a while too and for 18 months in South Carolina.

SC is great to live in.

The ultimate TV market teams in the NE and Mid Atlantic are Duke and Notre Dame. Outside of that, the sports fans follow Professional teams. Talking about crossing the South and North Carolina state line.