Thread: Flooding in Mississippi

vCash

Flooding in Mississippi

FYI -
    Besides the flooding in the northern part of the state, the Weather Channel just said Leflore, Carroll, & Grenada counties are experiencing catastrophic, life threatening flooding. He said Greenwood, in just the last 12 hours alone, has had 10? of rain.

And, this morning I heard from a cousin (a MSU grad, btw) who lives off Hwy 61, on the MS River, near Clarksdale. He said Shelby, a little town on Hwy 61 between Clarksdale & Cleveland has had 24" of rain since Sunday. Said Hwy 61 is under water and closed.

Thinking it is a good thing the first game is not until Saturday. Hopefully it?ll give most of this rain time to clear out of the area.
    Just hoping all on here are high and dry, plus of course praying for those being directly impacted by the flooding.
    Stay safe everyone.

vCash
    It dumped a ton of rain here in DFW, but nothing like that.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    50% chance Friday and Saturday for the north delta. We?re lucky. High sand ridges. Shelby, in Bolivar county, is low lying buckshot.

I?ve been in ag all my life and don?t ever remember anything this bad this time of year.

God bless those in need.

vCash
    If anyone is familiar with the Main Street underpass, entering downtown Greenwood, from the south on Hwy 49, it is completely filled with water from the roadway to the bottom of train tracks above .... approximately 20 ft deep, give or take. It is the type of underpass that dips down to pass under something that is at street level. Haven?t seen flooding, in that area, even close to that since the flood in March 1973.
    A friend who lives there sent pictures earlier tonight.

vCash