Thread: Per Kendall?.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

Per Kendall?.

Pat Casey, former Oregon State coach and 3X national champ, is the leading candidate for LSU

vCash
    Gonna be crazy in the wild, wild West. Seriously though, could we actually pull a sitting head coach like this? I've always thought we could in baseball, but now I wonder.

vCash
    Hmm.

He's 62. He's a good coach, but I don't think this would be the homerun they think.

vCash
    With the stuff LSU is dealing with now as a university I'm not sure how they're going to react to hiring a guy who recruited Luke Heimlich.

vCash
    Just why would he do that... he was born in oregon. went to school in portland, Has NEVER left the state of Oregon minus 8 years in the minors.
    He won the last game he ever coached.. winning his 3rd national championship. it's a dream send off for that school and a coach who gave his life to that state.
    He turned down ND and Texas during his career.

Doesn't add up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Just why would he do that... he was born in oregon. went to school in portland, Has NEVER left the state of Oregon minus 8 years in the minors.
    He won the last game he ever coached.. winning his 3rd national championship. it's a dream send off for that school and a coach who gave his life to that state.

Doesn't add up.
    Only thing I can figure is he's been out of the game for a few years and is ready to get back in. LSU is probably the premier job, so maybe that's if. Agree with one of the posters above though that I'm not sure this is the slam dunk people think it might be.

vCash
    Schloss was a leading candidate for us as well. This is all a money play. They ain't hiring an old dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This is all a money play. They ain't hiring an old dude.
    Money play? The guy hasnt coached in 3 years.

Dont forget that Augie Garrido went to Texas at age 63 and won 2 NC's while there
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post

Doesn't add up.
    No it doesn't. At all.

vCash
    So, you're gonna trade one 63 y/o coach for a 62 y/o coach? Plus, Casey has some baggage. Anyone remember the child molester, Luke Heimlich?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Yes he was...and he turned State down...thought it was a downgrade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Gonna be crazy in the wild, wild West. Seriously though, could we actually pull a sitting head coach like this? I've always thought we could in baseball, but now I wonder.
    He's retired. Has been a couple years now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Money play? The guy hasnt coached in 3 years.

Dont forget that Augie Garrido went to Texas at age 63 and won 2 NC's while there
    I know some of the LSU inside guys and they want someone young. They consider Paul M. as good as Casey in his prime so they aren't going down that road again.

vCash
    Would be an odd move considering he has never coached in the South in his life. I was always worried that he was coming to collect a paycheck had we hired him honestly.

vCash
    When y’all gonna learn Kendell Rogers usually pushes the same names around during coaching searches. He may be right sometimes, but most of the time he is wrong. Most of the time the coaches he says are just looking for raises…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    When y’all gonna learn Kendell Rogers usually pushes the same names around during coaching searches. He may be right sometimes, but most of the time he is wrong. Most of the time the coaches he says are just looking for raises…
    Maybe but floating Casey’s name out can’t be for a raise since he hasn’t been coaching for a few years. I think he’s some assistant to the AD kind of job with Oregon St.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Maybe but floating Casey’s name out can’t be for a raise since he hasn’t been coaching for a few years. I think he’s some assistant to the AD kind of job with Oregon St.
    Yea I’m just saying tho. I have no clue why Casey would want to go down there other to pull a massive check. I still would put my money on Bianco to LSU…

Kendell tied guys to our job who never even got a phone call. Next thing you know, they have turned it down… None of it made sense. I have very good intel on our search and what happened. Kendell was stirring shit…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Yea I’m just saying tho. I have no clue why Casey would want to go down there other to pull a massive check. I still would put my money on Bianco to LSU…

Kendell tied guys to our job who never even got a phone call. Next thing you know, they have turned it down… None of it made sense. I have very good intel on our search and what happened. Kendell was stirring shit…
    You know I’ve wondered when he retired a couple of months after winning the title if it was entirely legit or if it came from the AD forcing it because of the controversy with the pitcher. Trying to make go away or if there was more knowledge and coverup by Casey that OSU felt they needed to get out in front of. Or maybe a combination of both, that Casey did have a lot of passion for the game being wiped out because of that situation and regret...I have no clue just always made me wonder. I think the player is still in the Mexican league but it took them a little while to authorize his contract and let him play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    So, you're gonna trade one 63 y/o coach for a 62 y/o coach? Plus, Casey has some baggage. Anyone remember the child molester, Luke Heimlich?
    You do realize we're talking about LSU, right? Any school that has no issue robbing children's hospitals probably doesn't bat an eye to that baggage.