• Irish in 2

2 2.44%
  • Irish in 3

14 17.07%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird vibe among State fans about the Notre Dame series

vCash

Weird vibe among State fans about the Notre Dame series

Is it just me or is there not much chatter about Notre Dame? I feel like they're still somewhat of an unknown, so nobody is really confident enough in saying they think we definitely win or definitely lose this series. Combine their weird schedule with no top opponents, and our inconsistencies, and you get a fan base full of people that think we could beat them handily in 2, or get punched in the mouth 2 straight and be done. How are you guys feeling about this weekend? Nervous, excited, both? Confident, uneasy?

Everyone vote and we'll see what the consensus is
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 06-09-2021 at 07:32 AM.

vCash
    I think the last month and a half has people unsure what team is taking the field for us from game to game. For me if we play like we did earlier in the year we should have no problem with ND. Unfortunately the Missouri series, the SEC tournament and the last game against Campbell has me wondering if we could put back to back games together to get past them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    I think the last month and a half has people unsure what team is taking the field for us from game to game. For me if we play like we did earlier in the year we should have no problem with ND. Unfortunately the Missouri series, the SEC tournament and the last game against Campbell has me wondering if we could put back to back games together to get past them.
    This team isn't looking back, they are motivated, as far as Campbell, they are or were a good team, well Coached. We played very well against them, we are not a dominate type team, we have to peck away for runs and our pitchers dig in to get themselves out of trouble. Good teams look to the next game not looking back, now fans, LOL yes all the time looking over our shoulders.

vCash
    I'm concerned because of the power. There will be home runs from ND. But we have to make them sprinkle them around and limit it to single run blasts not 3run bombs.

I don't know what their 3rd starter looks like but I want this taken care of in 2.

vCash
    I never get too positive. I think we have a chance to win 2 in 3, but in your little poll I picked the Catholics in 3.

vCash
    People are scared to death of their power, but if you take a closer look at it they really only have one guy. He?s the only guy that has double digit bombs with 21. Take special care with him and we?ll be alright. Now cue the RAT.

vCash
    State in 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    I never get too positive. I think we have a chance to win 2 in 3, but in your little poll I picked the Catholics in 3.
    Lord help we are own worst enemy sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Lord help we are own worst enemy sometimes.
    Because him choosing Notre Dame in a poll is going to keep us from winning the series

vCash
    I think we have to do whatever it takes to win game 1, Bednar and Sims need to go for sure. If we win first game we win series IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Is it just me or is there not much chatter about Notre Dame? I feel like they're still somewhat of an unknown, so nobody is really confident enough in saying they think we definitely win or definitely lose this series. Combine their weird schedule with no top opponents, and our inconsistencies, and you get a fan base full of people that think we could beat them handily in 2, or get punched in the mouth 2 straight and be done. How are you guys feeling about this weekend? Nervous, excited, both? Confident, uneasy?

Notre Dame is Very Good and not Unknown. If UNC, Florida State, or Louisville had won 25 ACC games in 2021, they would be National Seeds. ND did not play a northern team schedule, no games vs Maine, Hofstra, Sacred Heart, or Minnesota.

(1) ND is 13-6 versus regional and super regional teams (Duke, FSU, GT, NC State, UNC, and Virginia); 13-5 if you don't factor a blowout loss to Virginia in the ACCT
    (2) ND never got swept
    (3) ND only lost 1 Series, Florida State at Home
    (4) ND Caveat - they played nearly all their big series at Home, only the Virginia series was on the road. Including a series split with Louisville.
    (5) ND won all their Away series, 14-4 record vs (BC, Clemson, Pitt, Virginia Swept, VT, and Wake)

MSU
    (1) MSU is 13-11 versus regional and super regional teams in our better conference and factoring the Arlington tournament; 13-9 if you exclude the SECT.
    (2) MSU only lost a big series to Vandy and Arkansas, that's calling Mizzou a non-big series. We beat LSU, OM, USCarolina
    (3) MSU is 10-8 in series vs regional and super regional teams. Playing at least 2 games vs someone.

vCash
    Obviously people are concerned with their long ball power against our pitchers who give up HR quite frequently...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    I think we have to do whatever it takes to win game 1, Bednar and Sims need to go for sure. If we win first game we win series IMO
    I agree with this. I think this is over in 2 regardless if we win or lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

Super uneasy here. This will be over in 2 either way though. Our guys are just so inconsistent it's hard to know which way to go.

vCash
    ND hits 1.36 Hr/game. Here's the list of teams we've played that have hit more per game: ark, auburn, TT, vandy, LSU, tenn, and SC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    ND hits 1.36 Hr/game. Here's the list of teams we've played that have hit more per game: ark, auburn, TT, vandy, LSU, tenn, and SC.
    And all of them play tougher competition

vCash
    ND is also the best fielding team in a America. Their starting pitchers are not K threats.
    What is key for us is getting our top 5 going with multi base hits. while they have the one big HR threat, we have 3 players with double digit Hr's this season for the first time in a long time (and Rowdey is sitting at 9)
    We have TO play clean ball in the field, this concerns me a lot. We can't let a 1 run bomb turn into a 3run because we booted a ball and extended the inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    ND is also the best fielding team in a America. Their starting pitchers are not K threats.
    What is key for us is getting our top 5 going with multi base hits. while they have the one big HR threat, we have 3 players with double digit Hr's this season for the first time in a long time (and Rowdey is sitting at 9)
    We have TO play clean ball in the field, this concerns me a lot. We can't let a 1 run bomb turn into a 3run because we booted a ball and extended the inning.
    Or walks. Walks will be the difference if we lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Actually you have it just a little backward, I think we need the bottom of the order to get going again as this is what turns the tables for the top of the order. Hey fact is we gotta hit, play clean D, limit walks and get our starting pitcher to go 6. LOL, pretty simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Actually you have it just a little backward, I think we need the bottom of the order to get going again as this is what turns the tables for the top of the order. Hey fact is we gotta hit, play clean D, limit walks and get our starting pitcher to go 6. LOL, pretty simple.
    You mean Forsythe. Clark and Cumbest had a good weekend I thought.