Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do we lose for sure?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I think a lot of people on here will surprised about who actually stays. Along with who comes in.

McCants wants the college experience and he has been told he needs to get bigger and stronger by some scouts. He has potential to come to school and turn into a high first round. None of the mocks have him 1st right now.

Mac has the same opportunity. He could come back next year and be a top of the 1st round guy with a good year.

Bednar is prolly gone. He is looking at end of 1st round this year. However, he could be a top 5 pick next year if he came back.

Hooty should be back

Rowdy ain’t gone yet.

We have some really good corner infield bats coming in. Power type guys.

Rotation should be Fristoe, Hooty, Cade Smith next year, unless we want to use Soms in one of the spots.

Future looks bright…
    I really don't understand why MacLeoud and Bednar would leave if they're not drafted in the first round. Same with Cerentola- yeah I said it. They have leverage and they have plenty of room to improve. Another year and they could get a junior bump like we saw from Hudson, Stratton, and guys like that. It seems to me like they have room to grow and a good chance to do that and even if they don't I don't think they are going to be any worse off than they are now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Not true. He was coaching first base before he got injured. We’ve had a player coaching first base for a while now.
    He was but he is officially a player coach now that he has been hurt. Same as Luke Alexander when he was suspended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Really wished we could have landed the freshman LF from NWR that raked for USM.

We?ve got some pretty big question marks going into next year so will be interesting how we plug them
    Too bad the transfer portal didn't exist when Brian Dozier was playing at USM. I think it will be interesting to see if we get some players from them in the coming years that we overlooked.

vCash
    Need Neto from Campbell and Trimble from USM?.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 06-10-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Can it be said now what Luke did to get suspended? I was always out of the loop on that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Not true. He was coaching first base before he got injured. We?ve had a player coaching first base for a while now.
    Ok I worded that poorly. The reason he was allowed to coach first and not be on the 30 man roster is Bc of what I said above. That's how he got to go on the road and continue to do games. So yeah it's true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I dont understand playing Low A ball riding that bus constantly with less meal money vs playing in the SEC and enjoying college. Low A will be there in 2022
    I get it. And I'm with you. But he's 22 and would be 23 next year. I guess it's just time.

vCash
    I have do not worry about next season. We have been to 7 supers in a roll. They have recruited well. The young guys will grow up. There will be transfers into the program. It's baseball. It seems to always work out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Need Neto from Campbell and Trimble from USM?.
    With statements like this, you can’t dare say anything negative about UGA or Alabama football programs. If we were in the position of being a top dog in our division or sport we would utilize a shopping list as well. I get so tired of hearing “rich get richer.” It is a fact of life, you put a productive product on the field, it will be rewarded with willing transfers. I find it humorous how statements like the one above are ok when applied to us, but Lord let Alabama get a high end transfer in football.

And for the record, I am just using your statement as an example, but I have heard this from others for years.

vCash
    He will have one more year of eligibility but like Rowdey, he's done. He's not the greatest defender. Yeah, I know he has a 1.000 fielding % but pro scouts don't see it that way.
    He's not going to play 1st at the next levels either (not enough power for that spot). So, while he could return and could potentially break Mangum's record, he won't be back. Will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft. He hasn't been highly thought of in the past but I do think he'll go in 20 rounds this time.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You left off
    Stinett
    Johnson
    Harding all probably gone
    I would think Harding would want to be a weekend starter for a season. I'm assuming with his velocity he's not going to get much of a signing bonus whether he's got eligibility left or not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I would think Harding would want to be a weekend starter for a season. I'm assuming with his velocity he's not going to get much of a signing bonus whether he's got eligibility left or not?
    Johnson is coming back.