Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Per Kendall?.

  1. #1
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    533
    vCash
    600

    Per Kendall?.

    Pat Casey, former Oregon State coach and 3X national champ, is the leading candidate for LSU

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,533
    vCash
    600
    Gonna be crazy in the wild, wild West. Seriously though, could we actually pull a sitting head coach like this? I've always thought we could in baseball, but now I wonder.

  3. #3
    Senior Member KOdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    7,897
    vCash
    964000
    Hmm.

    He's 62. He's a good coach, but I don't think this would be the homerun they think.

  4. #4
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,260
    vCash
    95574
    With the stuff LSU is dealing with now as a university I'm not sure how they're going to react to hiring a guy who recruited Luke Heimlich.

  5. #5
    Tha Winnah! ScoobaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,056
    vCash
    3292363352
    Just why would he do that... he was born in oregon. went to school in portland, Has NEVER left the state of Oregon minus 8 years in the minors.
    He won the last game he ever coached.. winning his 3rd national championship. it's a dream send off for that school and a coach who gave his life to that state.
    He turned down ND and Texas during his career.

    Doesn't add up.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    622
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Just why would he do that... he was born in oregon. went to school in portland, Has NEVER left the state of Oregon minus 8 years in the minors.
    He won the last game he ever coached.. winning his 3rd national championship. it's a dream send off for that school and a coach who gave his life to that state.
    He turned down ND and Texas during his career.

    Doesn't add up.
    Only thing I can figure is he's been out of the game for a few years and is ready to get back in. LSU is probably the premier job, so maybe that's if. Agree with one of the posters above though that I'm not sure this is the slam dunk people think it might be.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3,150
    vCash
    53427
    Schloss was a leading candidate for us as well. This is all a money play. They ain't hiring an old dude.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24,730
    vCash
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This is all a money play. They ain't hiring an old dude.
    Money play? The guy hasnt coached in 3 years.

    Dont forget that Augie Garrido went to Texas at age 63 and won 2 NC's while there
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,805
    vCash
    1223
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Just why would he do that... he was born in oregon. went to school in portland, Has NEVER left the state of Oregon minus 8 years in the minors.
    He won the last game he ever coached.. winning his 3rd national championship. it's a dream send off for that school and a coach who gave his life to that state.
    He turned down ND and Texas during his career.

    Doesn't add up.
    No it doesn't. At all.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,942
    vCash
    1206
    So, you're gonna trade one 63 y/o coach for a 62 y/o coach? Plus, Casey has some baggage. Anyone remember the child molester, Luke Heimlich?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    853
    vCash
    600
    Yes he was...and he turned State down...thought it was a downgrade

  12. #12
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    16,710
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Gonna be crazy in the wild, wild West. Seriously though, could we actually pull a sitting head coach like this? I've always thought we could in baseball, but now I wonder.
    He's retired. Has been a couple years now.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3,150
    vCash
    53427
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Money play? The guy hasnt coached in 3 years.

    Dont forget that Augie Garrido went to Texas at age 63 and won 2 NC's while there
    I know some of the LSU inside guys and they want someone young. They consider Paul M. as good as Casey in his prime so they aren't going down that road again.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,962
    vCash
    1200
    Would be an odd move considering he has never coached in the South in his life. I was always worried that he was coming to collect a paycheck had we hired him honestly.

  15. #15
    Senior Member TNDawg35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,867
    vCash
    500
    When y’all gonna learn Kendell Rogers usually pushes the same names around during coaching searches. He may be right sometimes, but most of the time he is wrong. Most of the time the coaches he says are just looking for raises…

  16. #16
    Senior Member Really Clark?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,509
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    When y’all gonna learn Kendell Rogers usually pushes the same names around during coaching searches. He may be right sometimes, but most of the time he is wrong. Most of the time the coaches he says are just looking for raises…
    Maybe but floating Casey’s name out can’t be for a raise since he hasn’t been coaching for a few years. I think he’s some assistant to the AD kind of job with Oregon St.

  17. #17
    Senior Member TNDawg35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,867
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Maybe but floating Casey’s name out can’t be for a raise since he hasn’t been coaching for a few years. I think he’s some assistant to the AD kind of job with Oregon St.
    Yea I’m just saying tho. I have no clue why Casey would want to go down there other to pull a massive check. I still would put my money on Bianco to LSU…

    Kendell tied guys to our job who never even got a phone call. Next thing you know, they have turned it down… None of it made sense. I have very good intel on our search and what happened. Kendell was stirring shit…

  18. #18
    Senior Member Really Clark?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,509
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Yea I’m just saying tho. I have no clue why Casey would want to go down there other to pull a massive check. I still would put my money on Bianco to LSU…

    Kendell tied guys to our job who never even got a phone call. Next thing you know, they have turned it down… None of it made sense. I have very good intel on our search and what happened. Kendell was stirring shit…
    You know I’ve wondered when he retired a couple of months after winning the title if it was entirely legit or if it came from the AD forcing it because of the controversy with the pitcher. Trying to make go away or if there was more knowledge and coverup by Casey that OSU felt they needed to get out in front of. Or maybe a combination of both, that Casey did have a lot of passion for the game being wiped out because of that situation and regret...I have no clue just always made me wonder. I think the player is still in the Mexican league but it took them a little while to authorize his contract and let him play.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    238
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    So, you're gonna trade one 63 y/o coach for a 62 y/o coach? Plus, Casey has some baggage. Anyone remember the child molester, Luke Heimlich?
    You do realize we're talking about LSU, right? Any school that has no issue robbing children's hospitals probably doesn't bat an eye to that baggage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.