Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do we lose for sure?

vCash

Who do we lose for sure?

I can?t keep track of who is draft eligible or not and all the other scenarios, so who do we lose FOR SURE off this team? Do we have talent coming to replace them?

vCash
    Yeah the Covid eligibility stuff has me confused as well. I know we lose TA and Rowdey, which sucks. We return Kam, LoTan, Forsythe, Mule, and Clark. Not sure about Hancock. Debrule is gone I believe since he's like a 6th year Senior. Sims is back, but I'm not sure about Bednar and MacLeod...

I know that was about as clear as mud, sorry. Maybe someone else can tell us exactly

vCash
    For Sure Gone

Rowdy
    Debrule
    Allen
    Bednar (high draft pick)
    Koestler (would he play another year of college ball?)
    Price

Who Knows (either draft eligible or seniors who might stay another year)

Hatcher
    Self
    Hancock
    Macleod
    Leggett
    Cerantola
    Tullar
    Pimentel

vCash
    There's only going to be 20 rounds of the MLB draft this year, if I'm not mistaken. There were only 5 rounds last year.

I know Hancock has said if he gets drafted he's gone but I'm not sure what his draft stock might be. I wouldn't think it's all that high. Kind of a tweener. Good but not great catcher. Not really big enough for a 1b at the next levels either.

I may be wrong but I'm thinking Kameron James is draft eligible this year too.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 06-09-2021 at 07:44 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    For Sure Gone

Rowdy
    Debrule
    Allen
    Bednar (high draft pick)
    Koestler (would he play another year of college ball?)
    Price

Who Knows (either draft eligible or seniors who might stay another year)

Hatcher
    Self
    Hancock
    Macleod
    Leggett
    Cerantola
    Tullar
    Pimentel
    You left off
    Stinett
    Johnson
    Harding all probably gone

vCash
    So our whole weekend rotation is gone? Yikes. Better hope Fristoe figures it out. Sims may have to start. Who else do you guys see as potential starters next year? Cade Smith?

Who will replace TA and Rowdey in the outfield? Do we have a true first baseman in the fold next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So our whole weekend rotation is gone? Yikes. Better hope Fristoe figures it out. Sims may have to start. Who else do you guys see as potential starters next year? Cade Smith?

Who will replace TA and Rowdey in the outfield? Do we have a true first baseman in the fold next year?
    I hope Sims does start. I think we're not maximizing him in his current role. If he wants the chance to prove himself for big money, he'll start.

vCash
    Is Self not 30 years old yet?

vCash
    Why would Rowdey be definitely gone? I dont see him going in the top 10 rounds.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Next year may be tough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

Fristoe absolutely will be a weekend guy. Cade Smith will be as well.
    I think we will see Clark move to 1B
    Need to get a transfer SS so we can move Forsythe to 2B- but we'll be ok if we dont

Our pitching should be fine but we got to get better at the position players. We 100% need a bat to transfer in. An impact type bat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Is Self not 30 years old yet?
    Self is done. That's how he's able to be a first base coach. He's a student coach his eligibility is exhausted when he did that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Why would Rowdey be definitely gone? I dont see him going in the top 10 rounds.
    He's gone. His time here has been good and no I do t see him going top ten rounds either. But he's moving on to pro ball either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's gone. His time here has been good and no I do t see him going top ten rounds either. But he's moving on to pro ball either way.
    I dont understand playing Low A ball riding that bus constantly with less meal money vs playing in the SEC and enjoying college. Low A will be there in 2022

vCash
    During one of our SEC games, the commentators were talking about Tanner Allen potentially coming back next year and chasing Jake Mangum's SEC hits record. I don't know why this would be a possibility, and they may have just made it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Fristoe absolutely will be a weekend guy. Cade Smith will be as well.
    I think we will see Clark move to 1B
    Need to get a transfer SS so we can move Forsythe to 2B- but we'll be ok if we dont

Our pitching should be fine but we got to get better at the position players. We 100% need a bat to transfer in. An impact type bat
    We should own the portal. If it weren't for scholarship probs.

vCash
    I like how everyone who is remotely draft eligible is leaving except for Kam James.

I have a feeling it's not going to work out like that for us.

vCash
    I think a lot of people on here will surprised about who actually stays. Along with who comes in.

McCants wants the college experience and he has been told he needs to get bigger and stronger by some scouts. He has potential to come to school and turn into a high first round. None of the mocks have him 1st right now.

Mac has the same opportunity. He could come back next year and be a top of the 1st round guy with a good year.

Bednar is prolly gone. He is looking at end of 1st round this year. However, he could be a top 5 pick next year if he came back.

Hooty should be back

Rowdy ain’t gone yet.

We have some really good corner infield bats coming in. Power type guys.

Rotation should be Fristoe, Hooty, Cade Smith next year, unless we want to use Soms in one of the spots.

Future looks bright…

vCash
    Really wished we could have landed the freshman LF from NWR that raked for USM.

We?ve got some pretty big question marks going into next year so will be interesting how we plug them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Self is done. That's how he's able to be a first base coach. He's a student coach his eligibility is exhausted when he did that.
    Not true. He was coaching first base before he got injured. We’ve had a player coaching first base for a while now.