Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schloss to A&M

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Gainesville is a shit hole.
    Absolutely

vCash
    FWIW, My close LSU buddies who have connections seem to think that it is Godwin. Many of them are very underwhelmed with Bianco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    In no way a downgrade - I live here. FW is less than Starkville in my opinion. I type this as I'm stuck in traffic here.
    Fort a worth is a cowboy town. We will actually be there next wk. wife has a rodeo clinic she is attending?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Fort a worth is a cowboy town. We will actually be there next wk. wife has a rodeo clinic she is attending?
    Fort Worth is no longer a cowboy town. Yes there are "cowboy" events here, but the cowboys don't live here.

vCash
    Fort Worth is no longer a cowboy town. Yes there are "cowboy" events here, but the cowboys don't live here.
    Exactly... the cowboy town is the area around billy bobs pretty much. the rest of downtown has grown up a lot more.
    Head on out west of FW if you wanna find the cowboys left in texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Exactly... the cowboy town is the area around billy bobs pretty much. the rest of downtown has grown up a lot more.
    Head on out west of FW if you wanna find the cowboys left in texas.

Or north or south - lol we ranch full time for a living

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Luckily our fans care enough to keep this train going, but I'd like to open up recruiting more coast to coast and specifically south Florida and the Caribbean, if possible. I'm seeking an edge and this could be a way. We have the digs and the history if we can get enough of them to come.
    You can forget Latin America as being a legit option to go and find guys. The majority of the most talented will be picked up by MLB organizations at 16-17 years old. The ones not signed more than likely won't meet the admissions guidlines necessary to be a student athlete, if things are still like they were when I was playing.

That is why you see quite a bit of Latinos at the NAIA level because admissions guidelines aren't nearly as stringent.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    This is absolutely a terrible statement.
    I coached out near Lubbock for 5 years....Lubbock is an awesome town for college kids. And you're only 90 or so miles from Amarillo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Schloss?s wife didn?t like Starkville, but if I?m not mistaken, Schloss has/had some issues with skirt chasing. I know one of our name candidates did, and Cohenz wasn?t going through that again.
    If that is true then his wife should have loved Starkville. Hard to slip around in a small town - everyone knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I personally love StarkVegas, but for most it is probably in the lower tier of major college towns.
    Starkvegas is the typical small college town. A lot of people like that as I do. Bigger ain't always better. What sets you apart if you are just big like everywhere else? Kinda like the Dude, it is more than size it is character.

vCash
    Absolutely
    Agree, don't like Gainsville. I don't care much for Knoxville or Tuscaloosa either. I prefer the smaller college town types - Starkville, Athens, Auburn, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree, don't like Gainsville. I don't care much for Knoxville or Tuscaloosa either. I prefer the smaller college town types - Starkville, Athens, Auburn, etc.
    If you want small one street college towns go to Clemson. Think Deliverance. But it's in a beautiful area.

vCash
    Or north or south - lol we ranch full time for a living
    Sounds like I need a visit down that way. Work wouldn’t let get them go to come with the wife. (I took pretty much all turkey season off)

vCash
    Arizona State just hired Willie Bloomquist to be their coach, and Rice is hiring Jose Cruz Jr to be their coach. These are two programs steeped in tradition, and yet they have to go out and get inexperienced coaches for their head jobs. In college baseball, you just don't see coaches changing jobs like you do in college football and college basketball. The established coaches tend to stay where they are at. Schloss taking the TAMU job is an exception this year.

Gary Henderson was just named the head coach at Utah as well.

vCash
    Great for Henderson. I wish him much success.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yup. Knoxville did not strike me as a college town, just a small city with a college in it. Certainly a ton of stuff revolved around the college, but it didn't seem to revolve around students the way Starkville, Oxord, and Auburn do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yup. Knoxville did not strike me as a college town, just a small city with a college in it. Certainly a ton of stuff revolved around the college, but it didn't seem to revolve around students the way Starkville, Oxord, and Auburn do.
    Have any of you guys ever been to Columbia, SC? I have because I live in the Upstate area of SC. While I have nothing per se against USCe, I have to say that Columbia is an absolute dump. Clemson has it beat 7 ways from Sunday. And, before I ever moved to SC in 1991, a friend told me that Columbia is the hotest place on the face of the earth, and having been there a number of times since, I have to agree with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Have any of you guys ever been to Columbia, SC? I have because I live in the Upstate area of SC. While I have nothing per se against USCe, I have to say that Columbia is an absolute dump. Clemson has it beat 7 ways from Sunday. And, before I ever moved to SC in 1991, a friend told me that Columbia is the hotest place on the face of the earth, and having been there a number of times since, I have to agree with him.
    I used to live in Anderson back in the mid 90's. There were a lot of State grads living up there. Yes except for 5 points and the Lake Murray area Columbia and Jackson are about the same. But Willis Brice is a great place to watch a game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I am fairly familiar with Knoxville and it is a very nice small city, but only a small section is really involved with the college. Knoxville was always my halfway point driving from Pennsylvania to Mississippi. Never been to Auburn but I assume it is similar to Starkville and Oxford and Athens. I actually love College Station it?s the perfect size and the town is all about the aggies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Sounds like I need a visit down that way. Work wouldn’t let get them go to come with the wife. (I took pretty much all turkey season off)
    If you do, hit me up.