Thread: Schloss to A&M

vCash

Schloss to A&M

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    He was making 1.6 mil at TCU
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Hell of a coach. Glad we ended up with who we did but think he would of done good things here. Thus he will be an upgrade at A&M..

vCash
    I hope we haven't missed our window in baseball. The big boys are starting to care about it more, which is only going to make it tougher for us to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I hope we haven't missed our window in baseball. The big boys are starting to care about it more, which is only going to make it tougher for us to win.
    Luckily our fans care enough to keep this train going, but I'd like to open up recruiting more coast to coast and specifically south Florida and the Caribbean, if possible. I'm seeking an edge and this could be a way. We have the digs and the history if we can get enough of them to come.

vCash
    Yes baseball is starting to matter more. It's only tougher from here. But our facilities and atmosphere are the standard and everyone knows it. Hopefully we can back it with a Natty soon.

vCash
    Was our situation too unstable at the time for this upper echelon of college baseball coaches?

I mean we all know we made runs after him and a couple others like Tadlock. Was the situation perceived as just too unstable coming out of what we had with Cann?

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Was our situation too unstable at the time for this upper echelon of college baseball coaches?

I mean we all know we made runs after him and a couple others like Tadlock. Was the situation perceived as just too unstable coming out of what we had with Cann?
    No it?s simple and I?ve said it no fewer than 10p times on here. Starkville as a city sucks.

vCash
    If I remember correctly we had a “higher tier” coach on board but something crazy happened. Either our team or their team were still in post season play and changes weren’t going to be announced. This pissed off the coach and he pulled his name.

I may have butchered that scenario and I apologize in advance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    No it?s simple and I?ve said it no fewer than 10p times on here. Starkville as a city sucks.
    That's not the reason Schloss didn't come here.

vCash
    In my opinion we are one of the top 5 big boys in college baseball. We are college baseball! if they ever get this scholarship thing right we will be hard to beat.

vCash
    Schloss?s wife didn?t like Starkville, but if I?m not mistaken, Schloss has/had some issues with skirt chasing. I know one of our name candidates did, and Cohenz wasn?t going through that again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    For Schloss it may have been Starkville. But Starkville is not worse than Lubbock, yet Tim Tadlock chose to stay there. I don't think it's Starkville. Can't tell you what it is, except maybe worrying about working for a former baseball coach that had great success and worrying he may try to get too involved or something.

vCash
    For Schloss it may have been Starkville. But Starkville is not worse than Lubbock, yet Tim Tadlock chose to stay there. I don't think it's Starkville. Can't tell you what it is, except maybe worrying about working for a former baseball coach that had great success and worrying he may try to get too involved or something.
    Schloss is a prick! Good Coach but has had a few other issues. Glad we didn't sign him, as far as Msu and baseball, we are a baseball school, always have been, always will be.

vCash
    Lubbock has a population of a quarter million people. Starkville is 25k. This isn't a piss on starkville post, but Lubbock is 10 times a bigger city.. if you're not from MS moving to MS is a tough pill to swallow for some it just is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    Lubbock has a population of a quarter million people. Starkville is 25k. This isn't a piss on starkville post, but Lubbock is 10 times a bigger city.. if you're not from MS moving to MS is a tough pill to swallow for some it just is what it is.
    Ten times bigger and 100x a bigger dump too.

vCash
    Kinda thought it may be him or Tadlock. Curious to see what LSU does. Bianco possibly going back to the motherland?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Archimedes
    vCash

Lubbock is 10x the city Starkville is

vCash

A TCU fan on the college baseball subreddit says Schloss and his wife divorced last year and she got the house that's across the street from the ballpark, and that this is year 5 of TCU breaking a promise to upgrade baseball facilities. Maybe there were issues on our side, but I'd say his circumstances are pretty different than they were when we took a shot at him.

It helps that A&M is probably giving him absurd money

vCash
    Schloss isn’t at State cause of past issues. Plain and simple. He wanted the job. Twice actually. Tadlock was never an option, neither was Godwin (that was Kendell Rogers bullshit) Schloss was main candidate before we went another direction. Then we tried Corbin and then McDonald. Once we got to McDonald, he is the one who sat down with Cohen and went with Lemonis.

Schloss has been wanting out of TCU for awhile. He got his chance.

I have heard the Bianco to LSU is growing rapidly. They have to make a “clean” hire and it would be him. Don’t be surprised if he goes back home. Then of course we will be watching who Ole Miss goes after cause you know “they are a premier program”. Hell they will be telling everyone they are going to get Vitello or Joe Torree****