Thread: Who do you give the ball to?

vCash

Who do you give the ball to?

Bednar or CMac? I think we should honestly go with what we did last weekend and go Bednar(Saturday) CMac(Sunday) and but trot Hooty out there on Sunday. Just my thoughts/opinions fwiw

vCash
    You want to bring out hooty after cmac??? that would be dumb, who would you start for game 3.
    I think you meant hooty on monday.

I think we go Bednar friday night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    You want to bring out hooty after cmac??? that would be dumb, who would you start for game 3.

I meant hooty on Monday got a little too excited typing that lol

vCash
    Bednar, Mac, Hooty.

Sims better be ready. I would throw him like Kopps this wknd. If I was Lemonis, I would have a quick leash on anyone. You throw 6 straight balls, your done. This ain’t the time to work it out.

vCash
    I would prefer Bednar in game 2, but with the way we set it up last week, I think it's pretty obvious we'll go Bednar, Mac, Harding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Bednar, Mac, Hooty.

Sims better be ready. I would throw him like Kopps this wknd. If I was Lemonis, I would have a quick leash on anyone. You throw 6 straight balls, your done. This ain?t the time to work it out.
    Tend to agree. We have to pitch Sims twice this weekend I think to win and going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post

I'd prefer we go Bednar Saturday. Feels like a waste to pitch him Friday night****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I'd prefer we go Bednar Saturday. Feels like a waste to pitch him Friday night****
    Totally agree.....I'd pitch him Thursday.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Hooty is better when he comes out of the pen than when he starts. I'd start someone else, an opener if you will, and have Hooty up and throwing in the 1st inning in the pen. If the opener allows a base runner, you put Hooty in.

vCash
    This^^^

vCash
    Harding’s ERA:

Starts: 2.41
    Relief: 2.93

Banned
    vCash
    We play game 1 Saturday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    We play game 1 Saturday
    This is good because Bednar will pitch his normal day and time and then cmac gets his night game.

vCash
    The first 2 games of a Super are of exact equal value anyway (there is no loser's bracket) so I'm fine with starting Bednar and then Mac. That gives them both 8 days rest given we stretched them both well past 100 pitches last week. For the 3rd game, if needed, at this point, you really probably just have to go ahead and start Hootie and quit screwing around with someone starting in front of him. That Mizzou start I think was an anomaly. Only guy I might be willing to try for a few innings before him would be Brandon Smith. I think Brandon could handle the moment and at least wouldn't go out there walking and hitting people. Florida roughed him up but I would trust him starting over any other RH pitcher we have right now for the 3rd game. But he is likely going to be needed in relief before Monday so the best path forward is probably just to plan to start Harding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Harding’s ERA:

Starts: 2.41
    Relief: 2.93
    Thank you. Such a myth that has taken on a life of its own.

vCash
    I'm torn. I like splitting up the lefties and keeping them off back to back days. But I also like throwing your best pitcher first in a do or die 3 game series.

This is tough for me but I think I would go MacLeod, Bednar, Harding.