Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame @ MSU 2000 Regional

vCash

Notre Dame @ MSU 2000 Regional

Ok...who was in the house for this? This is pretty close to peak Dudy Noble in my opinion. I love our new stadium and it was necessary but there will always be something any baseball romantic will find very appealing about the less refined version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ypCvrsF4o

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh wow. It’s hard to believe we had an exposed chain link fence in the 21st century. Smh.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    Ok...who was in the house for this? This is pretty close to peak Dudy Noble in my opinion. I love our new stadium and it was necessary but there will always be something any baseball romantic will find very appealing about the less refined version.

I was there on the right field fence. After the end, outfield fans spilled over the fence to go on the field, Dads were dropping their kids onto the warning track and climbing over.

Game reminds me of one of the games in our Super Regional at Vandy. State took a lead then Vandy caught up late, then State won it on a HR.

We had the MState logo in 2000?

vCash
    I was there. If I remember right their catcher O'Toole trucked our catcher or something along those lines and we booed the hell out of him all weekend.

That was a long time ago in my memory but I do remember booing him specifically. Anyone else remember that?

vCash
    I was there with my roommate. Never forget the batter falling down on a called strike from Donny. We booked our rooms and got our tickets for Clemson as soon as they came out

vCash
    I was there. Anybody remember the storm that hit during the Notre Dame/Tulane elimination game? I remember hearing a bunch of yelling and screaming then I looked to my right from my spot in CF. I swear there was a 60 foot high wall of dirt, gravel, coolers and lawn chairs coming at us from down that gravel road that used to run right behind the lounge. We all abandoned ship and hopped under our trailer. Then the lights went out and the game was postponed. At midnight, on the way home from Whitaker's or Polliwogs (I forget who owned it that long ago) I saw the lights back on at midnight so I stopped by and watched them finish their game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Oh wow. It’s hard to believe we had an exposed chain link fence in the 21st century. Smh.
    The first time I remember not having that chain link fence was the 07 Supers against Clemson

vCash
    We pushed it over on the way to the infield after winning a regional. We knew they were tearing it down and they didn't stop us. I'm bad with years, so someone help me out.

vCash
    I remember in 1990 a bunch of us may or may not have (in case Cohen is reading) tore the fence down in RF after we won the regional.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The first time I remember not having that chain link fence was the 07 Supers against Clemson
    Gosh that’s insane.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post

The vid following that one is also great.

vCash
    Don't forget that Notre Dame team was coached by none other than Paul Mainieri!

vCash
    Back then fans rushed the field. I did that in 1990. Tracy Echols and I gave each other a high-five.

I was one of the little kids that chased foul balls in the left field bleachers. We also talked to the bullpen pitchers from the visiting teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I remember in 1990 a bunch of us may or may not have (in case Cohen is reading) tore the fence down in RF after we won the regional.
    I was the first over the fence with some fellow U-8 fans. If some drunk college dudes messed up the fence, it wasn't me or my pals.

I am pretty sure the fence jumpers probably wrecked many coolers that people in RF had placed next to the fence. The coolers were being used as the boosters for the jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    I was there. If I remember right their catcher O'Toole trucked our catcher or something along those lines and we booed the hell out of him all weekend.

That was a long time ago in my memory but I do remember booing him specifically. Anyone else remember that?
    We booed him the next year also because he was still on the team in 2001.

vCash
    I was there. I really enjoyed the big time HRs by our guys, sans the pimp jobs that are so prevalent today. Get off my lawn!!
    Last edited by shrimp; 06-09-2021 at 10:31 AM.

vCash
    Alright someone remind me.. did I just makeup that Matthew Maniscalco was one of the best fielding SS we ever had... or was that just because he was just the best I had seen when I started watching the dawgs play baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Alright someone remind me.. did I just makeup that Matthew Maniscalco was one of the best fielding SS we ever had... or was that just because he was just the best I had seen when I started watching the dawgs play baseball.
    Brad Hildreth was very good and he was a complete player defender and hitter....he posts here, no?

Some Cats might be Jon Shave fans, but BH actually held the position until Shave took over. Then, Adam Frazier was a set and forget starter for us. We were a ground ball fielding machine in the time of Frazier-Pirtle. Maniscalco was very good.

So for me BH, Shave, and Frazier are all good. With Shave being our MLB level SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Brad Hildreth was very good and he was a complete player defender and hitter....he posts here, no?

Some Cats might be Jon Shave fans, but BH actually held the position until Shave took over. Then, Adam Frazier was a set and forget starter for us. We were a ground ball fielding machine in the time of Frazier-Pirtle. Maniscalco was very good.

So for me BH, Shave, and Frazier are all good. With Shave being our MLB level SS.
    Yea... wasn't watching baseball back when Cohen was playing, so did know about Brad till just googled him.

Yep can't forget about Frazier- Pirtle (power) connection. I miss having that magical ability to know a roll-em double play was coming at any time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I personally think Maniscalco is the best defensive SS we ever had but I didn't start actually going to games until 98.