Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notre Dame @ MSU 2000 Regional

vCash
    I was there and I can tell you that the ND pitchers.. both games were nervous as hell... They had NEVER seen anything like that in there life ..

The crowd for that series was unbelievable... Into every pitch...

The crowd last week was ok... But damn folks can sit on their hands alot these days...

Hope that changes this wkend!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    I was there and I can tell you that the ND pitchers.. both games were nervous as hell... They had NEVER seen anything like that in there life ..

The crowd for that series was unbelievable... Into every pitch...

The crowd last week was ok... But damn folks can sit on their hands alot these days...

Hope that changes this wkend!
    UnionDog, I've been going to Msu baseball games probably longer than anyone who post on ED. I'm not as vocal as I use to be, but I do get up and cheer and have fun with folks around me. I'm kinda like that song Toby Keith sings, "I ain"t as good as I once was, but I'm good once As I ever was". So forgive me as one day I hope you live long enough to know how it feels. LOL!

vCash
    We were not at the Ty Martin walk-off game but we did go to the Saturday game against them that we won handily. Listened to Jim call the games for 6-7 hours the next day. They smoked us in the first game, the second one is an all time classic in our history. Sounded awesome on the radio, would have loved to have been there live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    We were not at the Ty Martin walk-off game but we did go to the Saturday game against them that we won handily. Listened to Jim call the games for 6-7 hours the next day. They smoked us in the first game, the second one is an all time classic in our history. Sounded awesome on the radio, would have loved to have been there live.
    My wife and I were in right field. She turned down jumping over the fence but my fat ass got over the wall and ended up doing snow angels in the outfield. It was glorious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Brad Hildreth was very good and he was a complete player defender and hitter....he posts here, no?

Some Cats might be Jon Shave fans, but BH actually held the position until Shave took over. Then, Adam Frazier was a set and forget starter for us. We were a ground ball fielding machine in the time of Frazier-Pirtle. Maniscalco was very good.

So for me BH, Shave, and Frazier are all good. With Shave being our MLB level SS.

Hildreth here, just kidding. My handle is dedicated to my favorite SS of all time. Brad had it all with Shave right behind him. I miss that 1989 team and THAT was the team that SHOULD HAVE WON IT ALL. We had everything you would want (speed, power, pitching). I think that team still has single season records for hits, 2bs, HRs, RBIs and had Pete Young closing it out, after Jon Harden was throwing 50 mph curveballs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    Hildreth here, just kidding. My handle is dedicated to my favorite SS of all time. Brad had it all with Shave right behind him. I miss that 1989 team and THAT was the team that SHOULD HAVE WON IT ALL. We had everything you would want (speed, power, pitching). I think that team still has single season records for hits, 2bs, HRs, RBIs and had Pete Young closing it out, after Jon Harden was throwing 50 mph curveballs!
    89 has the record for wins at 54 and walks at 405
    Hits is 4th place, (97 is 1st)
    Doubles 2nd place, 2019 took 1st place
    HR's 2nd place, 98 took 1st place.
    RBI's 2nd place, 97 took 1st place.

vCash
    None of this has any bearing on this weekend