Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Baseball

Banned
    vCash

College Baseball

Gosh I love it. There?s no sport in the world I love any better. I don?t watch professional sports very often and the older I get the more I focus strictly on Mississippi State sports. And whatever sport state is playing I?m watching. No matter the sport. I watch them all, but I?d rather watch bulldog baseball than any of it. I?ve been that way a long long time.

vCash
    It's definitely the best sport going right now. Just fix the scholly issues and all will be well.

Take 10 football scholarships and just give them to baseball

vCash
    It's because we are actually good and ultimately suck at everything else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    It's because we are actually good and ultimately suck at everything else
    No, even if we were terrible the balance in the sport is near perfect from a batting average, power, K/BB, defense, and speed perspective

vCash
    This weekend is a much bigger deal to me than March madness. Constant games, upsets, drama, and all in all a good product.

Today’s morning games are really intriguing with elimination on the line.

vCash
    Give me softball over it. Baseball is just slower. Baseball as a whole has become pretty boring for the most part. Analytics & constant rule changing is killing it. Still good to watch the post season though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Give me softball over it.
    Don't worry, you can have it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Give me softball over it. Baseball is just slower. Baseball as a whole has become pretty boring for the most part. Analytics & constant rule changing is killing it. Still good to watch the post season though.
    Softball is faster paced and entertaining for sure. But due to the dimensions of the diamond you just don’t see the same type thing that you do in baseball.

I enjoy both but prefer baseball.

vCash
    Agreed. Especially over a sport where you essentially use the same pitcher every game. There's just not nearly as much strategy in it either.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Gosh I love it. There?s no sport in the world I love any better. I don?t watch professional sports very often and the older I get the more I focus strictly on Mississippi State sports. And whatever sport state is playing I?m watching. No matter the sport. I watch them all, but I?d rather watch bulldog baseball than any of it. I?ve been that way a long long time.
    At age 58, I can't believe how little interest I have watching professional sports. Used to love it a long time ago.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Softball is faster paced and entertaining for sure. But due to the dimensions of the diamond you just don’t see the same type thing that you do in baseball.

I enjoy both but prefer baseball.
    I like watching the girls for a click or two from time to time even though they challenge my masculinity when i imagine how stupid id look trying to bat agin 'em. They are bad assed athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I agree 100%. Best thing going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    At age 58, I can't believe how little interest I have watching professional sports. Used to love it a long time ago.
    Same here at 53. I can’t force myself to watch professional sports. I’ve completely lost interest.

vCash
    Throw me in this category as well. I've completely lost interest in the NBA or NFL and only watch MLB sparingly and then pick it up again in the playoffs.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Throw me in this category as well. I've completely lost interest in the NBA or NFL and only watch MLB sparingly and then pick it up again in the playoffs.
    quit watch mlb after strike in the 90's-----will never watch an NBA game again EVER!..i still watch NFL.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    quit watch mlb after strike in the 90's-----will never watch an NBA game again EVER!..i still watch NFL.
    I'll never really know why the MLB strike did the same thing to me. It just did. Grew up a Mets fan from my years in Jackson.. Was at game 7 in 86. Couldn't name a single player or who coaches them now. Still hold my nose and watch some NBA every now and then because those guys are so freakishly good.

vCash
    Same. Professional (and college) sports are in a rapid decline in terms of social importance.. and that's a positive

vCash
    I have a feeling. College baseball will close the gap on college football in Mississippi.

It is really getting to be in an event to attend in Starkville and Oxford.

vCash
    Yep. Call me when they move the bases to at least 75 feet, pitching mound back to 52 feet, the fence back to 300 feet and have the pitchers throw overhand and I?ll get on the softball train.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Same here at 53. I can’t force myself to watch professional sports. I’ve completely lost interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Same boat for me. I eat college sports but am barely aware professional sports exist except for a fairly recent interest in F1. And likewise I've never cared to follow MLB after the 94 strike. College football may be my favorite sport but the NCAA basketball tournament in my favorite sporting event. Yet...I've never watched a single NBA game from beginning to end.

The politicization of even college sports is starting to grind on ny nerves though. I wish they'd leave politics out of it. Faith is something people can find a lot of common ground but I would argue sports even more so.