Thread: Crowd was announced a little over 10K

vCash

Crowd was announced a little over 10K

Bull I say. Now days there or more mobile ticket holders than say ticket stubs. I have been up to games when the mobile app didn't take on the scan and no one is watching with so many going thru the gates that you can just walk in. I suppose it doesn't matter what the announced crowd is because it's flawed big time. To me there needs to be a laser beam of some sort that counts folks going thru the gate after they scan tickets.

vCash
    I was thinking 12K easily at the game.

vCash
    Or just base it on tickets sold.

vCash
    We need to use the page out of Ole Misses playbook and just announce whatever the hell we want. No way they had almost 11,000 last night and we only had 10,000...

vCash
    You won't be able to cram as many in as the old DNF

vCash
    I don't know anything about the lofts but I heard those seats aren't even counted. They looked packed as well last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    You won't be able to cram as many in as the old DNF
    Nope. The days of us packing 14,000+ are over. The new park doesn't allow it.

The old park was more general admission friendly. The new dude is more friendly to the people in chair backs and suites.

I'm not criticizing it or complaining. It's just the way it is.

vCash
    I don’t really care bout record crowds anyway. It’s all about the atmosphere and product on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I don’t really care bout record crowds anyway. It’s all about the atmosphere and product on the field.
    I agree.

vCash
    Watching on TV, 10k is a surprising number. However many there actually were, they were packed in pretty tight.

vCash
    I sat in section 208 Friday and 207 Saturday, you'd be surprised on the number of empty chair backs. It looks full on TV, but empty seats are common, of course some of those folks are milling around the outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Watching on TV, 10k is a surprising number. However many there actually were, they were packed in pretty tight.
    I agree is max capacity is 13K, there was more than 10 there. I don't know how they capacity rate the GA standing part anyway. Anyone know the capacity not GA standing room and how much they give for standing room capacity? I'd guess around 2K for GA, not counting outfield lounge spots but berms and standing spots?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I sat in section 208 Friday and 207 Saturday, you'd be surprised on the number of empty chair backs. It looks full on TV, but empty seats are common, of course some of those folks are milling around the outfield.
    I agree I was there Friday and if they said 9K Friday maybe that was about right. If there was 9K Friday there had to be at least 12K Sat.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Might as well stay within the ncaa limits, or if not say 28k or something. None of it matters other than runs on the board.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I agree I was there Friday and if they said 9K Friday maybe that was about right. If there was 9K Friday there had to be at least 12K Sat.
    I'm assuming they count turnstile, not tickets sold. Speaking to some the regulars (who never miss a game), they know of people who own chair backs and rarely, if ever, attend a game and don't sell their tickets and will extend their seats through the regional, but likely still not come to the game. As someone stated above, people get in in the mass of entry without getting a successful "scan."

Chair backs are $20 per game for the regional, that's a very good price, in my opinion. I'm surprised they are not double that.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 06-06-2021 at 02:55 PM.

vCash
    I'm assuming they count turnstile, not tickets sold. Speaking to some the regulars (who never miss a game), they know of people who own chair backs and rarely, if ever, attend a game and don't sell their tickets and will extend their seats through the regional, but likely still not come to the game. As someone stated above, people get in in the mass of entry without getting a successful "scan."

Chair backs are $20 per game for the regional, that's a very good price, in my opinion. I'm surprised they are not double that.
    You mean GA is 20 right

vCash
    No GA is $12.

vCash
    No GA is $12.
    There were no chairbacks available. I bought some on stub and paid too much but I was there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    There were no chairbacks available. I bought some on stub and paid too much but I was there.
    $20/game from the hail state website. I had no problem getting them, was logged on and ready prior to them going on sale at 0800 on Tuesday.

vCash
    Charlie and Bart were joking about the Saturday announced attendance on their Sunday morning Out of Leftfield podcast - I got the idea there are some NCAA restrictions and we are keeping our announced attendance within their limits.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18