Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's official: Bednar it is

vCash
    I have a question.... when are we "obligated" to announce a SP? Why wouldn't we just wait until game time to pencil in Bednar on the lineup so as to spread their scouting a little thinner preparing for someone else potentially?

Or hell, announce we're throwing Mac and then game time whoops it's Bednar. Now they can practice hitting RHP sliders off a machine where we could have had them doing the opposite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post

I agree that this was probably going to be a Brandon Smith start if he had not been terrible in Hoover.
    He wouldn't have been terrible in Hoover if the HP ump gives him the low knee high strike. Just like 2 yrs ago when the Ump in Omaha basically forced Cole Gordon to throw BP vs Louisville.

That is what keeps us from a Natty. We always end up getting squeezed by an Ump somewhere along the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Lemonis demonstrates his piss poor coaching decisions on a weekly basis. Can't say I'm surprised.
    ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    I have a question.... when are we "obligated" to announce a SP? Why wouldn't we just wait until game time to pencil in Bednar on the lineup so as to spread their scouting a little thinner preparing for someone else potentially?

Or hell, announce we're throwing Mac and then game time whoops it's Bednar. Now they can practice hitting RHP sliders off a machine where we could have had them doing the opposite.
    It's a baseball thing. It's considered sportsmanship.

I think it's dumb too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I like it
    I'm still on the fence. I'll let you know if I like it Saturday night

vCash
    I have this feeling we are going to be up 8-1 in the 5th tomorrow wishing we had pitched this thing differently
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I have this feeling we are going to be up 8-1 in the 5th tomorrow wishing we had pitched this thing differently
    That’s where I’m at. As long as we win the damn regional though….

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm still on the fence. I'll let you know if I like it Saturday night
    Promise you'll also let us know if you don't like it, please.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    That’s where I’m at. As long as we win the damn regional though….
    In that case, Will can do a lot by saving our pen.

And this. Let's just take care of bid'ness and win the damn thing.

vCash
    I hope so, because then we can let Bednar go 8 or throw some guys that we won't use on Sat or Sun anyway. Then we have our entire staff minus Bednar to win the Regional. At this point that's best case scenario, since they've announced they're rolling with him.

Plus, I'd rather be up 8-1 wishing we had saved him, than down 3-2 wishing we had pitched him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Plus, I'd rather be up 8-1 wishing we had saved him, than down 3-2 wishing we had pitched him.
    If we only score 2 on Samford- pitching is not our problem
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Samford leads 2-1 in postseason meetings for the record. We are 37-10 against them all time but that stat surprised me

vCash
    Yep. We need our bats to show up for the post season. Period. Our pitching this season has rarely been the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Samford leads 2-1 in postseason meetings for the record. We are 37-10 against them all time but that stat surprised me
    That was the Tallahassee regional in 2012. That was probably Samford's greatest ever team versus an MSU team that had just won the SECT.

Lost 5-0 in game-1 with Stratton starting. One run was enough to beat Stratton on that day.
    Lost 3-2 in game-3 with Jonathan Holder blowing a save.

That 2012 team had the following major leaguers: Stratton, Woodruff, Holder, Girodo, Frazier, Renfroe, Lindgren, Graveman, and numerous AAA/AA players - they made up for this in 2013 by nearly getting MSU to the promise land.

vCash
    I think it's a poor decision. But if we can get by Samford without having to use Landon Sims then we can get away with it.

vCash
    Yes! As David Murray pointed out, Samford was 1-8 vs SEC teams this year. In six of the losses they gave up: 21, 19,18, 10, 10 and 10. And we are throwing our ace against them. MacLeod better have his command working in Game 2.

vCash
    The real question is if we are in that spot, can you truly say that pitching Fristoe, Harding, or Brandon Smith would have us in the same 8-1 position?

I sure as hell can't. I guess if I had to pick us being up 8-1 in the 5th with Bednar pitching or think about what the possibilities might be with Fristoe or Harding on the mound, I'll take the 8-1 lead all day long.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Lemonis demonstrates his piss poor coaching decisions on a weekly basis. Can't say I'm surprised.
    That statement is downright comical

Banned
    vCash
    No. We will be happy it’s not us down 10-8

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post

It’s baseball ethics.