Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's official: Bednar it is

vCash

It's official: Bednar it is

[tweet2]1400489943802187783[/tweet2]

vCash
    Can't say I agree with it.

But I understand it. Pitch your top 2 guys in game 1 and 2, and then let the chips fall. If we get to the finals of this thing and our #3/4 starters can't beat VCU/Campbell/Samford's #3/4/5 pitchers, then we don't deserve to win anyway.

vCash
    Pitching won't be the reason this team gets upset (if they do)

The bottom 2/3rds of the lineup has been unproductive since the Sunday USC game. After Rowdey and TA, it's been rather sad.

Maybe that means Geatreau will be staying put, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Pitching won't be the reason this team gets upset (if they do)

The bottom 2/3rds of the lineup has been unproductive since the Sunday USC game. After Rowdey and TA, it's been rather sad.

Maybe that means Geatreau will be staying put, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.
    THIS. If 3-9 in our order can't get hits then it doesn't matter who we throw. Kam, Hancock, and LoTan need to step it up several notches.

vCash
    It’s simple. Too many over thinkers. Our regional is fairly even as far as the 4 isn’t terrible and the 2 isn’t outstanding. So you look at matchups and bednars slider is the pitch that makes this decision. The key is to win the first two. Then have a much fresher staff for Sunday/Monday than whoever you play.

vCash
    Good deal, let's go get a W

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    THIS. If 3-9 in our order can't get hits then it doesn't matter who we throw. Kam, Hancock, and LoTan need to step it up several notches.
    Would be a great time for Kam to wake tf up. We really need him to. I know Logan has been down recently too, but he at least comes through with a clutch hit here and there, so not too worried about him snapping out of it.

vCash
    I think in a perfect world you would've gotten a good/decent start out of Brandon Smith in the SECT and you'd feel better about throwing him out there in Game 1. Unfortunately Samford would have had BP on him the way he was throwing last Wednesday.

vCash
    Hopefully Will can give us 7 or 8.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Would be a great time for Kam to wake tf up. We really need him to. I know Logan has been down recently too, but he at least comes through with a clutch hit here and there, so not too worried about him snapping out of it.
    A real Machiavellian Chinese Politburo / Old East Germany move is to switch Kam’s playing number with Hatcher. These out of conference guys won’t know our guys so well. With OMs scouting reports, They’ll shift their entire infield to 2nd base and throw it straight and hard, just like Kam likes it. “10” would be the regional MVP, national player of the week, and get drafted. Anything sneaky like this has to be verboten

On a serious note, I do think these small schools are going to attack our shift, if we continue. Just like Mizzou they will play to any advantage to beat a highly ranked SEC team.

vCash
    I would have started Smith Fristoe or Harding but I really dont think theres a wrong way to go. Got to win 3 any way you do it

vCash
    I think our arms will be fine this weekend, and fortunately these guys aren't familiar with our hitters, so I'm expecting a jump in offensive production due to competition level alone. In a perfect scenario, we rake against these teams and regain confidence just in time for the stretch run of Supers and Omaha. It's the only hope we've got

vCash
    I like it

vCash
    I agree with it. I don't trust Harding, Fristoe, Smith, ect. to beat Samford. It sucks, but it is what it is. We just don't have a 3rd starter that can be trusted. Especially with our sketchy defense and hitting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I like it
    I'm w/ you! I think after our showing in the SECT, it's important to just get a win. Bednar gives us the best shot at that. As others have said - hitting and fielding scare me more than our pitching rotation.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    It’s simple. Too many over thinkers. Our regional is fairly even as far as the 4 isn’t terrible and the 2 isn’t outstanding. So you look at matchups and bednars slider is the pitch that makes this decision. The key is to win the first two. Then have a much fresher staff for Sunday/Monday than whoever you play.
    Exactly!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I agree with it. I don't trust Harding, Fristoe, Smith, ect. to beat Samford. It sucks, but it is what it is. We just don't have a 3rd starter that can be trusted. Especially with our sketchy defense and hitting.
    I would imagine we'll just keep rolling with Fristoe as the 3rd starter. He's at least consistently shown us he can get through the lineup 1-2 times. The others have imploded in the first or second when they were given chances to start.

vCash
    Lemonis demonstrates his piss poor coaching decisions on a weekly basis. Can't say I'm surprised.

vCash
    Don’t really have a problem with it, see if it pays off

vCash
    I do not have an issue with this move. Would have preferred to save Bednar but with that lineup you pretty much need to throw a righty and we do not have another trustworthy right handed starter at the moment.

I agree that this was probably going to be a Brandon Smith start if he had not been terrible in Hoover.