Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bednar rumor

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Bednar rumor

Rumor is, from people close to Bednar, that he is getting the nod for Friday night. Just passing along a rumor. Have no idea if it?s true or not.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Rumor is, from people close to Bednar, that he is getting the nod for Friday night. Just passing along a rumor. Have no idea if it?s true or not.
    That's overthinking it if true and not a good move.

vCash
    Makes sense against a right handed heavy lineup of samford (I heard they were right handed heavy, haven't looked myself). I like it.

vCash
    I listened to Lemonis on head to head yesterday and when asked about a starting pitcher, he emphasized that they would be looking at matchups before deciding. I don’t think Bednar getting the start is anything other than a match up deal.

vCash
    Honestly it shouldn’t matter who we pitch. If Mac and Bednar pitch the way we have seen, we will start 2-0. Then have Harding/Fristoe/Smith

With them being right handed heavy, I don’t blame him one bit for starting Bednar..

vCash
    Makes sense considering the amount of righties in the lineup, no matter who starts we need them to go deep and not put our bullpen behind the 8 ball early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That's overthinking it if true and not a good move.
    Agreed. Bednar sat. With that said, I do that before throwing anyone not named McLeod or bednar. But it also sets up the super regional rotation going forward should we advance.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 06-02-2021 at 04:21 PM.

vCash
    IMO Bednar should pitch Saturday. But my opinion don't count for much lol

Archimedes
    vCash
    If it?s a righty heavy lineup you throw bednar. It?s not much if any difference between him and Mac right now.

vCash
    Samford against MacLeod would bat 9 RHs.

VCU against MacLeod would bat 3-4 lefties.

Given Lemonis and his propensity for statistical guidance over gut and what has been done before, this decision completely fits what him and staff look at to make decisions.

I trust him and see the logic of this decision. If you can't at least see the logic, then you don't understand baseball. There's a lot of folks that would do something different because they don't get paid a million dollars with their job riding on the line to make decisions like this one.

vCash
    They are heavy RH. Possibly all of the lineup. I think Steve Robertson said 8 RH and a switch hitter.

vCash
    Bednar has been better than MacLeoud. This may lead to better match ups throughout the postseason. Plus Bednar get go deeper into games.

I'm OK with this rumor.

vCash
    I still think Mac has to be the guy. If you start WB hopefully we can get up 10-0 early and pull him in case he's needed Monday.

vCash
    Honestly, is there really much of a difference in VCU, Campbell, or Samford? They are all mid-major conference champions with a decent RPI in the 31-54 range. Playing matchups seems fine since none of the 3 are clearly better or worse than the rest.

vCash
    Throwing your Ace against a 4 seed would be in a word- stupid. Especially a team whose Ace has a 5.00 ERA
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Bednar has been better than MacLeoud. This may lead to better match ups throughout the postseason. Plus Bednar get go deeper into games.

I'm OK with this rumor.
    Yup. I like it. Mainly because if we can’t win the regional with either/or then I think we were toast anyway. And as stated, this sets us up for bednar to start game 1 of supers. Which is what I think we’d all want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yup. I like it. Mainly because if we can’t win the regional with either/or then I think we were toast anyway. And as stated, this sets us up for bednar to start game 1 of supers. Which is what I think we’d all want.
    I'd save Bednar for game 2 of the regional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Honestly, is there really much of a difference in VCU, Campbell, or Samford? They are all mid-major conference champions with a decent RPI in the 31-54 range. Playing matchups seems fine since none of the 3 are clearly better or worse than the rest.
    Facts!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Throwing your Ace against a 4 seed would be in a word- stupid. Especially a team whose Ace has a 5.00 ERA
    Usually, yes, but usually 4 seeds are significantly worse than the 2 and the 3. Ours isn't. We appear to have a very strong 4 and pretty weak 2 and 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Usually, yes, but usually 4 seeds are significantly worse than the 2 and the 3. Ours isn't. We appear to have a very strong 4 and pretty weak 2 and 3.
    Disagree. VCU is very hot and playing well. Samford's pitching is the weakest of the 3. Not to mention VCU has some P5 wins- Samford does not. VCU hasnt lost since April 13th
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is