Thread: Lemonis sent the team away for a few days to relax and get refreshed

vCash

Lemonis sent the team away for a few days to relax and get refreshed

As I predicted. 0-2 and get the hell out of Hoover will pay off bigly. SECt is meaningless if you have that seed locked up.

https://247sports.com/college/missis...al--165992153/

"Coach handled it very well. He gave us a couple of days off to get away from the game, relax, hang out with friends, see family and stuff like that. I think that was a great call because my freshman year we kind of had the same thing happen. We got beat early in the SEC Tournament and had three days off and we ended up in Omaha. I?m glad we had a couple of days off, but we?re ready to get back to work. The camaraderie and attitude in the locker room is really good." - Tanner Allen

vCash
    After how they played in Hoover lemonis probably didn't want to look at em for a couple days!

vCash
    Not sure how much I love that strategy, but hey whatever works. Just win baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I think the strategy to invest and get hyper focused for playing 4 games in 4 days (knowing that it's truly meaningless) and then turning right around in less than a week to get hyper focused again is too much to ask. Use Hoover for live bullpen sessions, work on pitches and locations etc. Have hitters take a first strike and work on battling being behind in the count. Practice laying down bunts, practice a two strike approach even without having two strikes. Etc etc etc.

vCash
    Mental rest is more important than physical rest. We needed both at the end of the year. This is a good team but the way it is made up makes for a “grind it out” style that is taxing on the players. Every win was a fight and that takes a toll.

Hopefully they come back enthused and focused.

vCash
    Good damn thing them Razorbacks and Vols weren?t focused and needed a couple days away from the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Good damn thing them Razorbacks and Vols weren?t focused and needed a couple days away from the game.
    We'll see. Maybe they did.

vCash
    There is a whole school of thought in International Soccer about "football fatigue" that basically overlaps with the tried-and-true practice of many 4.0 Students.

- Many college and graduate level 4.0 dudes don't study the night before a test, you might practice your overall heuristics but not specific problems. So you rest the mind and engage the test very creatively and dynamically.
    - Many international soccer coaches have noticed that great players that played in deep rounds of European Cups (Playoffs for professional teams) come to the summer International tournaments worn-out creatively. The guys on shitty Club teams come rested and motivated, like they have a second life.

Like you said, just win baby. If you can win 20 SEC games, you should win this bracket. Notre Dame will be spicy, plucky, and lucky bastards but we must impose our will.

vCash
    I trust Lemonis.

Archimedes
    vCash
    I do believe I said this in the what would you do thread.

vCash
    Going 0-2 in Hoover was by far the best outcome. Doing it in nearly the least amount of innings possible was even better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    I do believe I said this in the what would you do thread.
    Yeah me too. We'll see if the guys respond. It's time to ball
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yep, as long as he didn't take them to a water park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, as long as he didn't take them to a water park.
    Will the PTSD ever go away??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Will the PTSD ever go away??
    No. How many times do MSU fans talk about Tech and 10 and that was over 30 years ago?