Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LeMo

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

LeMo

As most of you know ive been a big fan of Lemonis as soon as he was hired. I wanted Tim Tadlock as has been well noted but was very high on the ceiling of Lemonis. I believe as one said many time that he is the next Dan McDonnell. And now, here we are in his second full season and all he?s done is take our team to a National seed both years. We have only been a National seed 4 times in the 22 years since this format has been in play and LeMo has done two of them!! Impressive.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    We have only been a National seed 4 times in the 22 years since this format has been in play and LeMo has done two of them!! Impressive.
    This is a pretty crazy stat.

vCash
    It definitely appears that he is taking advantage of what our program has to offer. Sustaining consistent success will be what gives us our best shot of accomplishing our ultimate goal. We’ll see how it goes.

vCash
    But but but Mangum, Westburg, Foscue... Gary Henderson... Cohen Bad!****

Lemonis was a huge player in building those Louisville teams. I had a buddy who played for Louisville and Lemonis. He said he was a hardass who expected stuff a certain was out of his guys. Said he handled all the recruiting while he was there. I thought it was a great hire by Cohen. He just needs to continue to get his guys in here.

vCash
    I?m still not sold. Let?s be real about it. He was handed the keys to a Ferrari. There?s a lot of coaches out there that could have matched the 19? team. His true worth will be found 2-5 years from now. My .02

vCash
    He hasn't crashed the car. A lot can be said for that. Many new coaches do.

Lemonis was known for his recruiting, so I think we can truly judge him in about 2 years when he has a team full of his recruits. I like the way he isn't afraid to make changes, and I think for the most part, he makes the right decisions. My biggest complaint is he'll leave pitchers in too long, but that could be on Foxhall. I like that Lem seems to be a hard ass. I've heard from several families of players that he doesn't put up with a bunch of shit. You'll be hard pressed to find a successful coach that's a nice guy, so I'm glad to see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    He hasn't crashed the car. A lot can be said for that. Many new coaches do.
    Kinda like women's basketball. Sorry, couldn't help myself on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    And Joe.

Happens all the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    cc: Moorhead

vCash
    Lemo has absolutely been a home run hire thus far.

vCash
    I think he?s a really good coach. I?m curious to see how the team plays this weekend after the SECT showing. We could easily lay a turd this weekend, but I want to see how the coaching staff has them prepared this weekend.

vCash
    This weekend will tell us a lot about Lemonis and his coaching. Nothing ever had to be said to the 19 team and the 20 team remains a question mark. This team has responded well to bad weekends but this weekend there's no room for slipups. His ability to get the team back on track and headed in the right direction again will tell me a lot about what we can expect in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This is a pretty crazy stat.
    I think it is actually less than that, we were only a Top 8 seed in 2016, 2019, 2021 from what I recall. Hosted in 2000, 2003, and 2013 but were not national seeds in any of those years. Forget being a national seed, we recently had a stretch where we only hosted one Regional in a 13 year span.

vCash
    I'll wait and see what he does in post season. He's been good but postseason is where it really counts. I don't care about winning 20+ SEC games if we can't make a run. He didn't have to rebuild anything. We were rolling when he got here. He's maintained that level. It's whether he can take further that will decide if he's different from the other coaches.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-01-2021 at 04:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'll wait and see what he does in post season. He's been good but postseason is where it really counts. I don't care about winning 20+ SEC games if we can't make a run. He didn't have to rebuild anything. We were rolling when he got here. He's maintained that level. It's whether he can take further that will decide if he's different from the other coaches.
    Well, he’s 1 for 1 so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Well, he?s 1 for 1 so far
    So was our pitching coach....
    And I'm not knocking Lemonis. He's done fine. I'm just waiting to see if he can do more than the other guys we've had. Especially when he's got his guys playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    And Joe.

Happens all the time
    Thanks, now I'm screwed. My therapist had finally got me past Joe, and now you come with the negative waves of Joe. Back to the couch and $200/hr. ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    But what I think we have learned from our football and women's basketball programs recently is that maintaining a good thing is not remotely a given.

And I disagree that all he has done is maintain. He certainly inherited a good situation but we had hosted two Regionals in the previous 15 years when he walked in the door. I think it's worth noting that prior to Lemonis being hired we had only won 20 SEC games in a 30-game conference schedule one time ever. He has done it twice now in two chances. Based on regular season success, that is not maintaining, that is elevating.

Obviously in the long run he will be judged by his postseason resume, and we have a small sample size at this point. But for what he can be judged on to this stage, he has been a resounding success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    But what I think we have learned from our football and women's basketball programs recently is that maintaining a good thing is not remotely a given.

And I disagree that all he has done is maintain. He certainly inherited a good situation but we had hosted two Regionals in the previous 15 years when he walked in the door. I think it's worth noting that prior to Lemonis being hired we had only won 20 SEC games in a 30-game conference schedule one time ever. He has done it twice now in two chances. Based on regular season success, that is not maintaining, that is elevating.

Obviously in the long run he will be judged by his postseason resume, and we have a small sample size at this point. But for what he can be judged on to this stage, he has been a resounding success.
    Absolutely correct!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    But but but Mangum, Westburg, Foscue... Gary Henderson... Cohen Bad!****

Lemonis was a huge player in building those Louisville teams. I had a buddy who played for Louisville and Lemonis. He said he was a hardass who expected stuff a certain was out of his guys. Said he handled all the recruiting while he was there. I thought it was a great hire by Cohen. He just needs to continue to get his guys in here.
    I think sometimes we forget, Lemo played and coached at The Citadel!