Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honest opinion

vCash

Honest opinion

No disrespect to any of the other teams but if we cant make it to Omaha with the regionals and being paired with ND we dont deserve it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    No disrespect to any of the other teams but if we cant make it to Omaha with the regionals and being paired with ND we dont deserve it
    100% agree.

And to add, We're on the opposite side of the bracket of Arkansas & Vandy, who I think are the only two teams that are legitimately better than us. Tennessee is really good, but they don't have near the weapons or talent of Vandy & Arkansas.

We're in prime position to make a long run
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

We're in prime position to make a long run
    Absolutely.

Speaking of which, OM peeps are saaaaaaalllty.

vCash
    We're in a great spot, but unfortunately we were also in a great spot to win the SEC and proceeded to piss ourselves versus Missouri at home. In other words, we are still MSU, and as we saw against Mizzou, our boys tend to play very uninspired ball at times. I just hope we play our best baseball, because if we do we could be in Omaha in 5 games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We're in a great spot, but unfortunately we were also in a great spot to win the SEC and proceeded to piss ourselves versus Missouri at home. In other words, we are still MSU, and as we saw against Mizzou, our boys tend to play very uninspired ball at times. I just hope we play our best baseball, because if we do we could be in Omaha in 5 games
    We've responded great every single time this season. I think we'll be ready to make a run. Having an electric homefield crowd will certainly play a factor, as well.

vCash
    Couldn't have asked for a better regional, super regional, and CWS draw.

vCash
    The way I see it, if they can't make a good run with this draw, it was never going to happen anyway. This is about as smooth a road to Omaha that I've ever seen, and if we get there, getting to the championship series is favorable too. It's baseball (I despise that saying) and anything can happen, but the cards are in our favor this year. It all comes down to if we come out and play inspired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    We've responded great every single time this season. I think we'll be ready to make a run. Having an electric homefield crowd will certainly play a factor, as well.
    The problem is, we’ve had to respond multiple times because we can’t stay up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    The problem is, we’ve had to respond multiple times because we can’t stay up
    As an old coach of mine used to say, it's nut cuttin' time now. We're about to find out if we're doing the cutting or we're being cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    The problem is, we?ve had to respond multiple times because we can?t stay up
    Yep, to be successful in the postseason you have to be consistently good. That is something we really haven't done much this season. Getting focused and staying focused is what it will take for us to have a deep run. I'm not sure we can do that but we will see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We're about to find out if we're doing the cutting or we're being cut.
    Until I'm shown otherwise, I feel like we've truly been preparing for this moment. Especially with our draw, just think we're about to go on a great run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    As an old coach of mine used to say, it's nut cuttin' time now. We're about to find out if we're doing the cutting or we're being cut.
    Got that right

vCash
    The scary thing is it's baseball and anything can happen. I think we had the exact same issue with Mizzou and the SEC Tournament- lack of focus. I just hope our guys don't think it's going to be a cake walk because we're playing three mid majors. The good news is we responded well after the Mizzou series and I could see the same thing happening in the regional as well.

Lemonis is going to have to manage our pitching staff more liberally. There is no reason to let Sims "rest" after he pitches one game. He needs to shelve Cam Tullar for now.

Leggett needs to sit as well if he isn't going to field the ball. At least Kam James can do damage offensively and sitting Leggett allows us to get another bat in the lineup like Cumbest.

vCash
    It's time to win a national championship. Omaha is just the normal expectancy for us having a good team.

vCash

vCash
    If you look at our regional, going off RPI, we got a weak #2 but a reasonably strong 3 & 4. That's definitely how I would want it to be set up, but I think people are assuming it's an easy regional based on name recognition more so than actually how good the teams are.

vCash
    Making it to Omaha is a hard thing to do. You can't consider the season a "failure" if we lose to ND in the Supers.

With our draw, I would place our chances of making it to Omaha at around 45-48%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    With our draw, I would place our chances of making it to Omaha at around 45-48%.
    I'd go more 60%.

80% chance we win our regional & then a 60% chance we beat ND
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'd go more 60%.

80% chance we win our regional & then a 60% chance we beat ND
    Lol so you agree with me then. Your math works out to 48% chance of making it to Omaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Lol so you agree with me then. Your math works out to 48% chance of making it to Omaha.
    No it doesn’t. Your math is incorrect. It’s like 75% or so
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 06-01-2021 at 10:02 AM.