Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regional host sites

vCash

Regional host sites

vCash
    Someone gets Old Dominion as a 2 seed that could have hosted with a single digit RPI.

I hope it's not us.

vCash
    Surprised they let South Carolina host

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Someone gets Old Dominion as a 2 seed that could have hosted with a single digit RPI.

I hope it's not us.
    ODU could still be a 1 this year. Possibly a 1 at South Carolina maybe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Surprised they let South Carolina host
    Probably bodes well for our National Seed hopes. They were probably helped by Old Dominion winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It's possible. Especially this year moreso than others with the COVID rules being crazy limiting the hosting sites.

vCash
    I can't imagine they make the host team be a 2. That would set a really bad precedent.

vCash
    Lot of baseball folks saying old dominion as a 1 in South Carolina regional.

vCash
    That sucks for Old Dominion if true. I mean, they should've made a bid to host, but that's like us a few years ago in WBB having to travel to Portland, Oregon as the 1 seed to play Oregon as the 2 seed.

At least send them somewhere where they won't be at an obvious disadvantage

vCash
    First glance: It looks like they are basically going down the RPI line except for La Tech and they only really passed over Oklahoma State. I'm can't remember if OSU put in a bid or not. I would be surprised if they didn't. I also noticed that Oklahoma State's conference record was .500 before their tourney run. So, it looks like the committee is favoring metrics that favor MSU's resume'.

I'll hold onto my prediction of MSU being the #6 National Seed this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That sucks for Old Dominion if true. I mean, they should've made a bid to host, but that's like us a few years ago in WBB having to travel to Portland, Oregon as the 1 seed to play Oregon as the 2 seed.

At least send them somewhere where they won't be at an obvious disadvantage
    It absolutely does suck for them. Most years they would have either hosted or I've seen instances where a team like Coastal Carolina hosted at a local minor league stadium- Myrtle Beach in this case. It's only because the NCAA limited bids this year announced the 20 places that could host because of COVID protocols. There was a possibility that the host sites were going to be announced during the regular season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Lot of baseball folks saying old dominion as a 1 in South Carolina regional.
    Ouch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I can't imagine they make the host team be a 2. That would set a really bad precedent.
    It wouldn't even be a precedent. It's happened before.

vCash
    It wouldn't even be a precedent. It's happened before.
    Yeah. I think MSU was a number 2 in the Starkville Regional in like 1992 if I remember correctly. In a normal year it doesn't typically happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. I think MSU was a number 2 in the Starkville Regional in like 1992 if I remember correctly. In a normal year it doesn't typically happen.
    Was Covid18 in '92?**

Banned
    vCash
    if ODU or any other non traditional team earns it, they should be rewarded, despite their lack of premier facilities. Let those boys get what they earned and deserve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    if ODU or any other non traditional team earns it, they should be rewarded, despite their lack of premier facilities. Let those boys get what they earned and deserve.
    It's not that cut and dried because in a regional you inevitably have to play night games. And if a team doesn't have a facility that supports that it could be a major issue for all four teams involved.

vCash
    I would like to know the last time it's happened. It happened to multiple teams in 1992. But that was when there were 6 teams in regionals.

I would have to imagine in the current era of the CWS this hasn't happened. I could be wrong though.

vCash
    ODU didnt put in a bid to host. They will be the 1 at SC most likely
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Probably bodes well for our National Seed hopes. They were probably helped by Old Dominion winning.
    Odu is going to host there. Not sure how that has any bearing on our National seed one way or the other....