Thread: Nick Saban to the Dallas Cowboys?

vCash

Nick Saban to the Dallas Cowboys?

I live in Dallas, and all the Dallas media can talk about the last few days is how Jerry needs to fire Garrett and hire Saban to replace him. On this surface this may seem ridiculous, but, if Saban can get some player personnel control, and he may be able to if Jerry is desperate enough, this job may be a good fit for Saban.

Here's why:

1. The Cowboys already have a good QB and offensive weapons. Saban wouldn't have create an offense. He would just need to improve it, institute a running game, and reign in Romo from making critical mistakes.

2. The Cowboys' defense is the problem and this is where Saban can obviously help the most.

3. Alabama has played a number of games at Cowboys' Stadium over the last 5 years, so I would imagine that Jerry and Saban know each other.

4. Winning a Super Bowl with the Cowboys would possibly make Saban the greatest football coach of all time.

5. Jerry has a history of college coaches, Johnson, Switzer, and Gailey

Anyway, everyone though Texas may be the job that Saban leaves Bama for, but I think the Cowboys could be a bigger threat.

vCash
    I think Saban would go to a 1A academy coaching job before he went back to the NFL.

vCash
    Maybe the dark lord can rule both Dallas and Texas, while overseeing his underling in Tuscaloosa...****

Banned
    vCash
    I did see some chatter about Sumlin going to Houston.

vCash
    Never happen unless Jones gave up full management control -- which will never, ever happen. He will burn that stadium to the ground before he gives up any control...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I think Saban would go to a 1A academy coaching job before he went back to the NFL.
    I disagree. Saban is one of the most successful college coaches of all time. He's a winner. Don't you think it bothers him at night that he actually failed in the nfl? I do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Never happen unless Jones gave up full management control -- which will never, ever happen. He will burn that stadium to the ground before he gives up any control...
    This could not be said any more accurately.

vCash
    Saban may have satisfied his curiosity about the NFL and he may no longer have the fire in the belly. And I can't think of a worse marriage than Saban and Jerry Jones. There may be some control freak issues he has that he simply can't exercise in the NFL. Of course, if the money was right......who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    +1 and it pisses me off.

vCash
    I dont think it will happen- but this has a 100% more chance of happening than him going to Texas
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I dont think it will happen- but this has a 100% more chance of happening than him going to Texas
    Well there you have it. 0% + 100% = 100% chance that saban goes to cowboys per coach**

vCash
    Shotgun... what are your personal feelings regarding Bama? From a historical perspective, if you please.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I live in Dallas, and all the Dallas media can talk about the last few days is how Jerry needs to fire Garrett and hire Saban to replace him. On this surface this may seem ridiculous, but, if Saban can get some player personnel control, and he may be able to if Jerry is desperate enough, this job may be a good fit for Saban.

Here's why:

1. The Cowboys already have a good QB and offensive weapons. Saban wouldn't have create an offense. He would just need to improve it, institute a running game, and reign in Romo from making critical mistakes.

2. The Cowboys' defense is the problem and this is where Saban can obviously help the most.

3. Alabama has played a number of games at Cowboys' Stadium over the last 5 years, so I would imagine that Jerry and Saban know each other.

4. Winning a Super Bowl with the Cowboys would possibly make Saban the greatest football coach of all time.

5. Jerry has a history of college coaches, Johnson, Switzer, and Gailey

Anyway, everyone though Texas may be the job that Saban leaves Bama for, but I think the Cowboys could be a bigger threat.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I've historically hated them fyi
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Shotgun... what are your personal feelings regarding Bama? From a historical perspective, if you please.
    Good program, claims more National Titles than they've won, and probably cheated in recruiting to win most of the championships they won pre-1992.

other than that, I don't think about them much. Much more concerned about MSU.

vCash
    I don't see it happening, but I think any NFL job is more likely than him going to any other college.

Although I think the Cowboys/Jerry Jones would be the last place he'd go.