Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Theory on Baseball

vCash

Alternative Theory on Baseball

1/8 of the fanbase was horrified by Mizzou ... 7/8 said "that's baseball"
    Another 1/8 of the fanbase was horrified by UF Run-Rule ... 3/4 said "we don't care about the SECT" (even though more locked and higher ranking teams like the Pigs and UV are playing like they want to win)
    Another 1/8 of the fanbase was horrified by UT Run-Rule ... 5/8 said "we are still locked to host, no way Stanford or somebody jumps us"

How about if the team is not un-motivated and not-lazy and not defensive clumsy? MSU players and teams have never lacked for make-up or fundamentals historically. If Make-Up and fundamentals were a historic problem, Cohen would have been 10-20 in his MSU SEC for his career average.

Is it possible that Lemonis is really just an Indiana Coach? Or that Lemonis and Foxhall are really just Big-10 coaches?

If we proceed to flop in a Starkville regional to USM or something? Do really let Vitello interview at LSU or let Vitello patiently wait for the Arkansas job?

I'm ready for my 2-month ban...I am only a baseball fan, so I'll be back in February. I had to propose this.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 05-27-2021 at 06:59 PM.

vCash
    Good lord. The man won 100 games faster than Polk and has our recruiting classes stronger than ever, yet we have people wanting to wonder if he needs to go...

Now let the well Lemonis had Mangum folks chime in...

This may be the stupidest shit I have read today, and I have read ALOT of stupid shit today on here...

vCash
    Foxhall has never coached in the B10. Charleston, Auburn, NC St

vCash
    Good Lord, talk about over reacting......You of all people should know this ain't happening.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    We have the dumbest fans

vCash
    You serious, Clark?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Good Lord, talk about over reacting......You of all people should know this ain't happening.......
    It's not happening. But isn't this what a Message Board is for? Considering all possibilities and not being boring.

But I am not buyer on the motivation or entitlement thing. Or that all these life-time infielders and likely studs of their town and travel teams - all of a sudden can't do routine things, for players of their pedigree.

These are 20 years-olds on average, playing the game they love. If they did not like it or love it, they would not endure 11.7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You serious, Clark?
    C'mon Professor (I recall that is your profession) you got to admit that you at least thought about this. Free Inquiry and all.

If 4 dudes can take this program to Supers and one guy did it without even a pitching staff, then winning % at MSU has a separate meaning.

Newton was almost not allowed to question Aristotle, but someone had to

vCash
    I thought this was a Super Regional team to start the year. Maybe Omaha with the right matchup or an upset.

Didn't think we had the right combination to make a huge splash. Nothing I've seen has changed my opinion that we are still that team. I think we get out of a regional and lose in a super.

This team didn't have the pieces to compete for a championship. We are young/inexperienced in too many areas.

vCash
    Short on talent and experience. Had a favorable SEC schedule. Disappeared vs the best teams on the schedule except maybe OM. Slumping end of season. I wouldn't buy Omaha tickets yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

Newton was almost not allowed to question Aristotle, but someone had to
    This is the baseball equivalent of eating mercury (cc: Newton).***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Short on talent and experience. Had a favorable SEC schedule. Disappeared vs the best teams on the schedule except maybe OM. Slumping end of season. I wouldn't buy Omaha tickets yet.
    Pretty much sums up this team. But again “over achieved”. Of course if we win our regional, anything could happen in a Super Regional. I’ve seen some crazy things.

Biggest disappointment I witnes for MSU Badeball was the 89 regionals. Close was CWS in 85.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I thought this was a Super Regional team to start the year. Maybe Omaha with the right matchup or an upset.

Didn't think we had the right combination to make a huge splash. Nothing I've seen has changed my opinion that we are still that team. I think we get out of a regional and lose in a super.

This team didn't have the pieces to compete for a championship. We are young/inexperienced in too many areas.
    Did Fresno State or Coastal Carolina? It's baseball anything can happen.

vCash
    Yeah that's my take.

1-6 vs actual elite teams (Ark, Vandy, and TN). 3-7 vs top 10 teams (add texas, TTU, and TCU). 4-3 vs good teams nobody thinks can win it all (SC, OM, Florida)

Defense has always been trash, Pitching was supposed to be elite... but as the year went on we realized they weren't elite (aside from Sims), but hey, at least the offense was coming around and Legget at 3B seemed to help the D.... only recently the O is back to trash, the pitching is still "good, not elite", and the D never actually got decent.

There's simply nothing this team has shown that has NC potential. Their record clearly shows we're a barely top 10 team, and we've never been able to beat NC caliber teams. We might squeak into Omaha, but as long as we make it out of the regional I won't be too disappointed

vCash
    If we are short on talent and experience then the coaching staff should all get a raise bc we have had a very good season overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If we are short on talent and experience then the coaching staff should all get a raise bc we have had a very good season overall.
    Well, they're responsible for recruiting and none of their guys are playing. So I don't think they deserve much of anything. Hitting has gone backwards and so had fielding since they've been here. We just had a good draw in the SEC by missing TN and FL regular season. We got KY and SC and MO and Vandy from the east and lost two of those series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

Let me ask you this - is the team overall better today than in Arlington? They played three regional hosts and beat 2 and took another to the last out. They were even younger then.

Outside of the SEC POY and Rowdey (who warms up) not many players got radically or much better.

Fristoe looked like a freshman All American that week. Against better or equal opponents that RR’ed us this week

My position is that the team is dang good and dang talented but they never got better or more crisp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This is the baseball equivalent of eating mercury (cc: Newton).***
    Oh but you have to admit the lads of the Original Royal Society kept it real.

They did not ask for permission to think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Let me ask you this - is the team overall better today than in Arlington? They played three regional hosts and beat 2 and took another to the last out. They were even younger then.

Outside of the SEC POY and Rowdey (who warms up) not many players got radically or much better.

Fristoe looked like a freshman All American that week. Against better or equal opponents that RR’ed us this week

My position is that the team is dang good and dang talented but they never got better or more crisp
    Until Logan got moved to the 3rd hole, his hitting definitely improved. And I think that jump from 5 hole to 3 is a pretty big change that is a good part of his recent struggles. Cumbest swing is better, cleaner throughout the season. Overall that’s about it for me. Some have gotten a little better at things but not really translating in results

vCash
    This team has enough talent to make it to Omaha. This team also has enough holes to lose in a Regional.

We have holes at 3B and LF.
    1st base has been sub-par.
    We have a freshman at SS that probably needed a growth year but was pressed into service.
    We have no 3rd SP

Unless we get Southern in our Regional- we almost have to throw Mac in Game 1 because we dont know what we will get from Fristoe or whomever
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is