Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maneri "retires"

vCash

Maneri "retires"

Calling it now Cann to LSU. Would say G but the way our bats suck I would think twice. Can See Cann and O down in Red Stick. Sat night in Baton Rouge will never be the same

vCash
    There would have to be a lot of "no thank you's" before they get to Cann. I don't see many turning down that job.

vCash
    It will be Sully or Vitello.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    It will be Sully or Vitello.
    If they offer seating sec coaches, lemonis might get one.

vCash
    With all the bs they have going on down there I think it's highly unlikely they'd go after someone with the baggage that Cann has. I mean, they're in deep shit over the Les Miles accusations and Orgeron covering up crimes. I just don't see this happening. Plus, they can do better. It's probably the premier job in the country, truth be told so why would they settle for Cann? I think they go after Vitello or some other big time names out there.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Anyone else think the timing is interesting? They're on the bubble, and they already knew they were forcing Manieri out, so make it public right before they select Regionals....no chance they're leaving LSU home and missing the Manieri farewell tour in the postseason, in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If they offer seating sec coaches, lemonis might get one.
    I don't see why it'd be a step up. State and LSU have the best 2 fanbases, LSU has more history, we have better facilities and more commitment from the AD, and both programs can easily sign top 5 classes. Why leave State for a program that, frankly, has less talent on it right now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I don't see why it'd be a step up. State and LSU have the best 2 fanbases, LSU has more history, we have better facilities and more commitment from the AD, and both programs can easily sign top 5 classes. Why leave State for a program that, frankly, has less talent on it right now?
    I didn't say he'd leave. Just said if they offer an sec coach, it could be lemonis. Lemonis has done a great job here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    With all the bs they have going on down there I think it's highly unlikely they'd go after someone with the baggage that Cann has. I mean, they're in deep shit over the Les Miles accusations and Orgeron covering up crimes. I just don't see this happening. Plus, they can do better. It's probably the premier job in the country, truth be told so why would they settle for Cann? I think they go after Vitello or some other big time names out there.
    Can was on track to be Vitello before Vitello was Vitello if that makes sense. Go back and look, LSU went downhill after he left to come to state. Can was suppose to be the next big thing as far as coaches. It was a great hire by Cohen and I think he would have won big here. He just couldn’t do what he had to do or Atleast keep it on the DL like most coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Anyone else think the timing is interesting? They're on the bubble, and they already knew they were forcing Manieri out, so make it public right before they select Regionals....no chance they're leaving LSU home and missing the Manieri farewell tour in the postseason, in my opinion.

Of course it is. Their inner workings are run by slimy Louisiana lawyers. They have one of the biggest propaganda arms in college sports. Everything they do is for show, They got away with pumping the "do it the right way " but crooked as hell in real life face for years. A little is coming to light . I hope they get punished for it.

I live amongst these cajuns and they are not like us piney woods boys. At all. They are crooked to the core and wont ever face you straight up. The coonass cries out in offense as his friend stabs you from behind.

This hire will be as much about trying to rub it into someone's face as it will be about getting the right guy. It's who they are.

vCash
    Can was on track to be Vitello before Vitello was Vitello if that makes sense. Go back and look, LSU went downhill after he left to come to state. Can was suppose to be the next big thing as far as coaches. It was a great hire by Cohen and I think he would have won big here. He just couldn’t do what he had to do or Atleast keep it on the DL like most coaches.
    I’ll be surprised if it’s anyone other that Cann.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Then prepare to be surprised. He's not sniffing that job.

Banned
    vCash
    I don’t see it being cann. Godwin is in the top 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    100%.

vCash
    No chance Cann gets that job. He is gonna have to work his way back up now. Now he was still their hitting coach or even our head coach I would fully expect them to come after them.

LSU will get whoever they want. I have a feeling they can literally take their pic. But you can go ahead and get ready cause A Fitt and D1 will throw all kind of names to get people raises. Sully, Godwin, Vitello, Lemonis (wouldn’t suprise me as much as they hate us), you name it. They will throw all kinds of people around.

In the end, it will be a big name.

Banned
    vCash
    No chance Cann gets that job. He is gonna have to work his way back up now. Now he was still their hitting coach or even our head coach I would fully expect them to come after them.

LSU will get whoever they want. I have a feeling they can literally take their pic. But you can go ahead and get ready cause A Fitt and D1 will throw all kind of names to get people raises. Sully, Godwin, Vitello, Lemonis (wouldn’t suprise me as much as they hate us), you name it. They will throw all kinds of people around.

In the end, it will be a big name.
    D1 does not hate us. I don’t know where this crazy narrative comes from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I like surprises. Surprises are fun and challenging.

vCash
    Where's Bert Stare when you need him??????

He always has his finger on the pulse of these coaching searches, especially when they occur down on the bayou!!***

vCash
    Cann would be a pretty big fallback option, imo. LSU will get a sitting HC at a major baseball program.

vCash
    Cann gonna have to have some more time pass before he gets another shot.

Nobody is coming after Lemon

I’d be surprised if Godwin or McDonnell left where they are. Godwin is a top 16 seed and he doesn’t have to compete in the SEC to do it. Plus, Godwin is at his alma mater.
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-29-2021 at 07:36 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is