Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: We will still be a top 8 National seed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe this is just a rest weekend before regional
    Rest weekend for the whole team.

vCash
    Who was it we had to get in last minute this year? Eastern Michigan or Kent? Who were we supposed to play and how did that effect our RPI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Who was it we had to get in last minute this year? Eastern Michigan or Kent? Who were we supposed to play and how did that effect our RPI
    We picked up Kent. Our other opponent was even worse. And thankfully we canceled a couple of other games that would have damaged our SOS and RPI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    2016 S.Carolina (20-9) and 2015 Vandy (20-10)
    Both of those were kinda seen as screw jobs if I recall. Vandy got left out in favor of a Big 10 team (Illinois I think) so they paired them together in a super and Vandy crushed them. That Vandy team won the East and got to the finals in Hoover so that one is really puzzling. RPI info from that long ago is hard to find but it appears they were hurt by several non conference losses.

South Carolina 2016 is the most similar to us this year. They won the East but struggled a little down the stretch went 0-2 in Hoover and the committee picked LSU for that spot instead. So the precedent is definitely there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Rest weekend for the whole team.
    Appeared that way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    With respect to a top 8 national seed, THE SKY IS FALLING!! We are absolute toast to staying anywhere in the top 10, possibly top 12. You just don't shat the bed two consecutive days in tournament play and not have it be a significant impact. Whether you want to believe it or not, but a lot of seeding is "what have you done for me lately?".
    Bullshit. This is total bullshit. The tournament means absolutely nothing except for the teams needing to make a deep run to make it in the dance or a team on the fringe.

Kendal Rogers even said as much Monday. Said 7 or 8 seeds were locked, with the 8th being between TCU, Ole Miss, Stanford, and a couple more teams. WE WERENT ONE OF THEM NEEDING IT.

And the tourney is not what have you done for me lately. Just stop dude...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Appeared that way
    and for our brains and balls, apparently, lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Bama still makes the playoffs? Yes, I think those games don't matter. Especially if you already knew they didn't matter before you even played them.
    You still miss the point, had nothing to do with the game and making next level or anything. Has to do with fan reaction to losing a bad team or getting boat raced by a good team and the fan reaction.

Banned
    vCash
    Btw, KP just said pretty much the same thing I said earlier. This Tourny will only affect our National seed aspirations, if Stanford were to sweep Osu this weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Btw, KP just said pretty much the same thing I said earlier. This Tourny will only affect our National seed aspirations, if Stanford were to sweep Osu this weekend
    That's basically what everyone is saying. My only addendum is that if UF wins the SEC tourney, the committee MIGHT make them a national seed.

Banned
    vCash
    That's basically what everyone is saying. My only addendum is that if UF wins the SEC tourney, the committee MIGHT make them a national seed.
    I honestly don’t think there is anything Florida can do to be a National seed. They could run rule everyone in the tourney and I still don’t think they would be top 8. We will find out soon enough though.

vCash
    Seems like everyone has an opinion !!

vCash
    I say no. Have a feeling the committee will find an easy reason not to have 4/8 top seeds from the SEC

vCash
    Yes I agree with this because it Florida gets 4 SEC wins in the tournament that puts them at 21 wins with a win over us. We would only have 20. I think we will be National seed as long as UF doesn?t win the title

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Well, Stanford is two wins away then. They won last night 1-0. Our ragtag bunch that seems to be content with playing rec ball here of late should have tuned in to that one to see how to pitch and play defense.

vCash
    I think our only hope for a National seed now is for Stanford to lose. Ark, Vandy, Tenn, Arizona, Notre Dame, Texas, TCU are pretty much locks. That leaves 1 slot between Miss State and Stanford or possibly Florida if they win the SEC tournament. We really need Stanford to lose

vCash
    I can't imagine the melt we'll see when Ole Miss steals our national seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    I can't imagine the melt we'll see when Ole Miss steals our national seed.
    I don't think there's any way they could do that, tbh.

But I'll say their pitching has looked much better this week than I anticipated. They've got guys other than Nikhazy.

vCash
    If Ole Miss beats Vandy, Ark twice and then UF or UT they deserve to be the National seed over us. That would give them like 23 SEC wins to our 20. I just don?t see that happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    If Ole Miss beats Vandy, Ark twice and then UF or UT they deserve to be the National seed over us. That would give them like 23 SEC wins to our 20. I just don?t see that happening
    They ain't firing Bianco now, lol. Regardless what happens the rest of the season.