Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well..........

vCash

Well..........

.........just as I feared, the talking heads on the sec network during the late game kicking around the idea of whether or not we stay in the top 8.

Tomorrow is huge. Damn near a must win.

vCash
    We are a top 8 seed regardless of tomorrow's outcome.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    We are a top 8 seed regardless of tomorrow's outcome.
    I think so too. They never really put anything into the outcome of the sec tourney
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Whether you think we are a lock or not, I have no idea how Tennessee is viewed as several spots ahead of us in the pecking order by some (as the resume’s currently stand at least). Identical conference records and we are slightly better in RPI, SOS, and in wins against the Top 25. If we beat them head to head tomorrow it shouldn’t really be up for debate as far as us being a higher seed.

vCash
    If our pitchers pitch better on the road (obviously except for today!) wouldn’t the NCAA be doing us a HUGE favor if we get a 9 seed or lower and go to a super somewhere?

Of course I’d much rather have the super at home, but it was just something I was thinking earlier today

vCash
    We are a lock. We aren’t falling out of the national seed by loosing to FL or TN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    We are a lock. We aren’t falling out of the national seed by loosing to FL or TN.
    My concern and my opinion, you?ve got a Notre Dame team some have in the top 8 that has no business being there. We?ve seen the selection committee in the past screw over a team from a warmer climate to put in a winter wonderland school for the sake of ?balance?.

The ncaa needs to die.

vCash
    I think we drop out of the top 8 tomorrow if we don't win. I don't know the real situation with our pitchers today but I think you throw your best available pitcher/s on the first day of ANY tournament. This tournament is NOT meaningless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    .........just as I feared, the talking heads on the sec network during the late game kicking around the idea of whether or not we stay in the top 8.

Aaannnd post game. Todd Walker. Tennessee has nothing to worry about. They?re hosting the whole way through.

It?s not paranoia if it happens again and again

And again.

At some point, you?d think somebody in leadership would figure that out.

Y?all can piss on Tate all you want, he removed all excuses. And yes, I do know him. All the way back to 1998 and Brian Hazelwood.

You never take anything for granted

vCash
    Nobody knows that.

vCash
    We are a lock. We aren?t falling out of the national seed by loosing to FL or TN.
    No one really knows that for sure, and if they tell you they do, they're lying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post

Those guys have less inside info than Gene. We aren't losing a top 8 spot because we threw our trash pitching vs FL ace. The only thing this tournament changes is if someone unexpected wins and gets in or FL can reach the 8 spot. We're the 5/6 spot. We aren't falling out. TN is already in too. Nothing changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Nobody knows that.
    Yeah, people do know that.

vCash
    I think today is a must win. As of this a.m. our RPI has dropped to 7th. Notre Dame is 9th and UT is 10th. The media loves ND too. We've got to win at least one today for me to feel secure.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Why do some of you keep expecting the announcer to kiss State's ass while the Dawgs are dropping turds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Those guys have less inside info than Gene. We aren't losing a top 8 spot because we threw our trash pitching vs FL ace. The only thing this tournament changes is if someone unexpected wins and gets in or FL can reach the 8 spot. We're the 5/6 spot. We aren't falling out. TN is already in too. Nothing changes.
    Thank god someone who
    Isn’t the earth is imploding and we won’t host...

Hell the way some of you are going is we loose against TN I’m waiting up for
    The we won’t host clowns, then the we need throw Mac against whoever the 4 seed is cause we suck bad clowns...

vCash
    Those ****ers don't know shit. The SEC network sucks dicks. If it wasn't for football games I would get rid of my sports package. They are just like all media. They treat us like mushrooms.

vCash
    I mean, that same bunch just talked about how FL destroyed the best staff in the SEC. Nevermind we threw the guys of this staff that barely throw. They're paid to create stories and drama.

vCash
    If we?re at risk of losing a Top 8 seed then Tennessee is too. The talk of UT being a lock and us being on the bubble makes no sense when you compare the metrics of the two teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    If we?re at risk of losing a Top 8 seed then Tennessee is too. The talk of UT being a lock and us being on the bubble makes no sense when you compare the metrics of the two teams.
    Exactly. Plus, Fairfield is #2 RPI and you can toss them out the window and move everyone up a spot. TX, who we beat, lost there tourney opener.