I complain about this every year, and now I'm gonna do it again. Single elimination today, you can lose tomorrow and Thursday and get another chance, then starting Friday it's loss = out no matter whether you've lost already or not.

It's ridiculous. And nobody takes it seriously. And some teams have to play up to 6 games and pitch guys with no experience by the end.

I think there are 5 ways to fix it:

1. Go back to the old 8 team double elimination format. It doesn't really solve the problem of too many games for a team, but it is more fair. Also it puts a stigma on the 9th and 10th place teams in the SEC in the selection committee's eyes that they didn't even make their conference tournament. Also you yet 4 fewer fanbases spending money in Hoover.

2. Do a full double elimination tournament with 12 or 14 teams. This is probably the most fair, but would need to stretch out across 2 weekends to be workable and let pitchers pitch twice.

3. Do single elimination with all 14 teams. It would be wild and wacky, but nobody would play more than 4 games and at least every game would have the same win-or-go-home consequence. But baseball isn't really suited to single elimination.

4. Just take the top 4 and do a double elimination tournament set up exactly like a Regional, like a dry run for the teams. I like the idea, and you know the tournament champion would always be a great team, but it would mean less money and most of the conference with an offweek.

5. Stop doing the tournament altogether and do a full 39-game round robin. This is my favorite, but the least likely due to $$.