vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    LT Cross
    LG Sharp
    C Smith
    RG Jones/Johnson/Lashley/JUCO from MGCC
    RT Lashley/Jones/Johnson/JUCO

Thoughts?
    Does Cole Smith take a step forward this year? I honestly think our year depends a lot on his leadership at center.

vCash
    I really hope we see pure dominance out of cross. Obviously nfl mocks see it coming

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    LT - Cross
    LG - Sharp
    C - Smith
    RG - Johnson
    RT - Lashley

If Cole doesn't improve I expect to see Sharp moved to Center & Kam Jones at LG.

vCash
    I think this is a pretty good group to be honest. Just wish we'd run the ball more.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I think this is a pretty good group to be honest. Just wish we'd run the ball more.
    I don't care if he runs it or not. I just care about winning. This run the ball more crap didn't work for the last 70 years... lets try it this way for awhile.

vCash
    Have any of our media asked Leach about our splits? If Leach is going to continue using splits between 3 to 6 feet, we won't be able to run the ball with much success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I don't care if he runs it or not. I just care about winning. This run the ball more crap didn't work for the last 70 years... lets try it this way for awhile.
    This, it is time to try more passing. Running has only gotten us so far to bottom half of the league

vCash
    I'll say it a different way. I hope we can really capitalize and make teams pay by running the ball well when teams over commit to stop the pass.

vCash
    I don't know. Thinking about dropping back to pass dozens of times a game, none of those guys outside of Cross gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Banned
    vCash
    Wide splits can help with the run if the OL executes properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    In 2008, yeah sure. In another conference, probably. In the SEC in 2020 and 2021, now way. We just aren't good enough to win man on man battles vs SEC D-linemen on a consistent basis. We need zone blocking principles, we need slide pass protection, we need to be able to double team, Leach's wide splits make all of that impossible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I'll say it a different way. I hope we can really capitalize and make teams pay by running the ball well when teams over commit to stop the pass.
    I think Leach wants his QB doing that very thing. He gives them a run play to check into on every down and they even did that more as Rogers got in there.

vCash
    Well the winning we have in our history is due to running the ball. We must run to ball some and more than last year or we ain't winning. Last year should have proved you can't pass 80% of time and win in SEC. Did you watch last two games we won when we ran the ball more against two top 25 teams for wins?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Well the winning we have in our history is due to running the ball. We must run to ball some and more than last year or we ain't winning. Last year should have proved you can't pass 80% of time and win in SEC. Did you watch last two games we won when we ran the ball more against two top 25 teams for wins?
    See my last post.... I already addressed that very statement.

vCash
    What ever it takes to win. However we do have two good RB's and I enjoyed watching them run last year. I will be a little disappointed if they don't run the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    LT - Cross
    LG - Sharp
    C - Smith
    RG - Johnson
    RT - Lashley

If Cole doesn't improve I expect to see Sharp moved to Center & Kam Jones at LG.
    Good to hear - I have my doubts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Extremely hard to do in this league / have to have extremely quick feet

vCash
    We will. It wont be what some of yall want but it will be 80-20 75-25 range

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    In 2008, yeah sure. In another conference, probably. In the SEC in 2020 and 2021, now way. We just aren't good enough to win man on man battles vs SEC D-linemen on a consistent basis. We need zone blocking principles, we need slide pass protection, we need to be able to double team, Leach's wide splits make all of that impossible.
    Zone blocking and 1 back power and the toss vs 4is is all we do. We vertical set in the pass game I would not argue with Leach when it comes to OL. He always has a good one