Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here is why we win the Egg Bowl

Banned
    vCash

Here is why we win the Egg Bowl

I have been thinking lately on how we win the egg bowl. Now first, let me first breakdown the games before:

We lose to Bama (I've changed my projection), I think we give them probably the toughest game they've had possibly all year but we run out of gas.

We then DESTROY Arkansas (I have a connection in vegas that says we'll be big favorites in that game) - and yes, the Bears will take notice.

Now for TSUN's side:

They do beat Troy rather handily IMO.

BUT, Mizzou will absolutely slap them around. Something like 56-28.

Enter StarkVegas Thanksgiving day, we'll have 5 wins and they'll have 7 wins. Now even up to this point, both teams schedules are about equal in strength. Throw out the LSU game and we have played all the other common opponents as well, or better than the Bears.

Sorry got a lot on my mind. Thoughts?

vCash
    I wouldve told you last week that we wouldnt play Bama that close, but after we came just short of beating aTm I think we'll give em a good game but not win.

As for the Egg Bowl those cocky brother truckers think they already won the damn thing and their in for a rude awakining when they come into DWS (especially if we have that video of Henderson smoking dope on the video board like somebody suggested in the other thread!)

vCash
    Here's my non-homer post.

Bama goes in and doesn't pull out and we crawl back to the sidelines.
    OM beats Troy easily bc Troy is Troy.
    Mizzou goes into Oxford and scores a TD before the game is over leaving the bears with no hope in a win.
    OM kicked out butts last year and it was horrible leaving the game. I think this year we win by a field goal and knock their raybans off thier faces and thier colehans off thier feet.
    ?I didn't dare think of the future; the past was still happening.? - John Grisham

vCash
    4-1. That is our record against the bears at home in the last 10 years. That is all I need to know. Throw in Dak, Perkins, Robinson, Chris, and a number of other key players and you should start to feel good about this year's Egg Bowl.

vCash
    I posted this in another thread, but it got lost:

I just looked this up: Do you realize that OM hasn't won a game on grass since 2008 against LSU?

Go look it up. The only questionable game is that they beat Vanderbilt in Nashville in 2009, and I'm not sure if Vandy was playing on grass or turf at that point. Either way, it's mind boggling.

So in order to beat us, they will have to overcome a little history.

Banned
    vCash
    We do what they cant stop stop very well. Weve got some weapons they don't match up well with, overall I think our defense will do a good job against them. They've got some good wideouts but if we can slow him down like we did Evans we'll be fine. Evans really didn't do much until that one big play that Cox gave up. Offensively if Dan will help us out RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!! I could see us winning, if we come out and not play to our strengths like Dan has done this year we'll lose. That's how Ive seen all our games this year, if we coach, we're in position to win. When we don't you get what you got at SC 4th quarter at Auburn and Ok State.

vCash
    For all the reasons stated above plus one caviot. In order for them to win that game they will have to put CDM in a position that cost our last coach his job. Which is losing this game in a blowout. I feel we either win OR they blow us out. It won't be us being close to them ala aTm. Mark it down, we either win or they blow us out. I know from a good source if they get up big late they are going to keep running up the score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 57 View Post
    For all the reasons stated above plus one caviot. In order for them to win that game they will have to put CDM in a position that cost our last coach his job. Which is losing this game in a blowout. I feel we either win OR they blow us out. It won't be us being close to them ala aTm. Mark it down, we either win or they blow us out. I know from a good source if they get up big late they are going to keep running up the score.
    Any chance we blow them out?

Transvestite
    vCash
    Is it to far fetched to assume that after 3 ass beatings in a row, we didnt treat the Egg Bowl like we have in year's past? I fully expect to see the same passion we saw in '09 when that team had everything to prove. They havent beaten us in Starkville in a decade. They will come in over confident like they did in '09 and we will take back the egg and the momemtum. I dont feel I am being over confident in assuming this either.

vCash
    @Shotgun, the only reason I say we either win or they blow us out is the sheer abundance of on the field talent loss (injuries) we have suffered finally takes it's toll in a VERY emotional game. I feel this game we'll come out with a lot of fire & energy (and actually think we'll win, been saying all year) but after too many big shots if momentum flip it will catapult them into a state of shock we saw last year in the final two games. The look on their faced is the look of someone who has never been a fight and gets punched right in the face. I'm going out on a limb here but I feel Tyler was placed in a position by someone from high on the staff and you can't make chicken crap into chicken salad. And when we got down we had no leadership besides guys who were worrying more about draft statuses and less about winning the two most important games of the season. I don't feel that is going to happen because I can see guys gravitating towards Dak. He TRULY has leadership qualities. Not because he's the type of QB CDM needs for this system but because of the fact he is asked to do the little things. Like holder for the kicker, being fired up when others are down, holding up 4 fingers to represent the 4th qtr of a game he played horrible in when others (players & fans) don't see it. I feel very good about the leadership of this team in Dak Prescott. And couple this with the fact that he is handling something that none if these kids thought he'd have to handle, SEVERE loss. And how he handles it both in and off the field! But right now, he is ALL we have until we start tailoring to his strengths. But we aren't at a point in the season to do that right now. This isn't XBOX where you just slide over to practice mode & change your play book & game prep. We are 3 games left before the season is over. That's why we won't win in a blow out. But there are things we can do to help him. Run screens & draws Vs that hard charging defensive front. It worked in the first 3 Egg Bowls, it's ripe for the picking! Otherwise they are going to key off on Dak every play.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Do you realize that OM hasn't won a game on grass since 2008 against LSU?

So in order to beat us, they will have to overcome a little history.

They beat Texas in Austin on grass this season I believe. I don't need any crazy stats to tell me why we're gonna beat the Black Bears on Thanksgiving. We are going to win the Egg Bowl because we have a better football team and it will be senior day in Starkville. We will also be playing for bowl eligibility after a blow out win in Little Rock. Plus we will have 50,000+ fans cheering and ringing their tails off and supporting our guys. That's why we will win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Radddawg View Post
    They beat Texas in Austin on grass this season I believe. I don't need any crazy stats to tell me why we're gonna beat the Black Bears on Thanksgiving. We are going to win the Egg Bowl because we have a better football team and it will be senior day in Starkville. We will also be playing for bowl eligibility after a blow out win in Little Rock. Plus we will have 50,000+ fans cheering and ringing their tails off and supporting our guys. That's why we will win.
    Texas plays of turf

vCash
    What happens if we lose to Arkansas? How would that effect the players knowing we aren't playing for a bowl game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    What happens if we lose to Arkansas? How would that effect the players knowing we aren't playing for a bowl game?
    It would effect out players big time and we would probably lose the egg bowl. Wouldn't have any desire to win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    What happens if we lose to Arkansas?
    There will be a shitstorm on this board- that's for sure
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Pretty sure the old Cotton Bowl was grass when they won it in 2008 (or I guess, technically early 2009)

Good point though, hadn't thought about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkinmecrazy View Post
    Pretty sure the old Cotton Bowl was grass when they won it in 2008 (or I guess, technically early 2009)

Good point though, hadn't thought about that.
    You know what, your right. They went to back to back Cotton Bowls the first being against Texas Tech at the Cotton Bowl on grass, and the second being at Cowboys Stadium on turf.

So their last win on grass was against Texas Tech, in the Cotton Bowl, on January 2, 2009

Banned
    vCash
    While we spitting out history leading to victories, you guys do realize we have never won in Little Rock...

History has nothing to do with with it. This year is this year. One way we win and that's if we can run the ball and keep the ball out of Bo's hands. That was the only reason we were somewhat close to aTm (two possessions is not within striking distance btw)

But if we can't make time consuming drives and have a three and out 2 times a quarter then we are in deep trouble. No way we can cover their receivers You guys can say dink and dunk all you want but look at every game they have played this year and you will see a BIG play there. They have several 50+ yard touchdown throws and runs. They average like over 6 yards per play. So say what you want but we have to keep them off the field. We won't be able to stop them if we don't keep them off the field.

Now that doesn't mean we can't keep them off the field. They don't stop the run very well so there is where our opportunity lies. Can Dak convert a few big 3rd down conversions with the pass or hit a big play in the passing game when they load up to stop the run. That's where this game will be decided.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dawgs4Life View Post
    While we spitting out history leading to victories, you guys do realize we have never won in Little Rock.

A coworker and fellow bulldog told me earlier this week that we haven't won in the entire STATE of Arkansas against Pig U since they joined the SEC back in 92. I wasn't sure if that was true. I felt sure we stole one in Fayetteville one year since then but I guess I was wrong about that. Time to put that streak to bed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Texas plays of turf
    Does Vandy have Turf?
    that is a fact I was not aware of... I think the biggest thing is what Om did against Auburn a Big running qb. We win if Dak is able to run and hold the ball for long slow drives. Hold OM to under 70 plays.