Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jake G

vCash

Jake G

Is on LSU's list of candidates. And when I say on list, I mean on a short list. For all the people that have dog cussed him, wanted him fired, etc, you better hope like hell he doesn't get that job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Is on LSU's list of candidates. And when I say on list, I mean on a short list. For all the people that have dog cussed him, wanted him fired, etc, you better hope like hell he doesn't get that job
    Great post!
    I would hate to see him end up there. That would come back to haunt us I'm afraid.

vCash
    They are going to go after bigger names

vCash
    Yeah I don't want him there. I think he'd be a better head coach than he is hitting coach, and that's saying something

vCash
    Can't see that
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-23-2021 at 08:56 AM.

vCash
    We definitely don't want to see him there. Those who wanted him gone either 1) made comments in haste or 2) don't know enough about the game or his ability. Jake's a great coach and a good guy. He's too good to keep forever but I don't want to see him at LSU.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    We definitely don't want to see him there. Those who wanted him gone either 1) made comments in haste or 2) don't know enough about the game or his ability. Jake's a great coach and a good guy. He's too good to keep forever but I don't want to see him at LSU.
    Good recruiter also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    They are going to go after bigger names
    Cann would 'fit' right in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Can't see that
    They have a ranger in mind and after that his chance is as good as anyone's

vCash
    I think they'll try to go for Sully first.

vCash
    Could see Vitello too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They have a ranger in mind and after that his chance is as good as anyone's
    LSU isnt hiring an assistant IMO. They've got bigger fish. I mean, they're the most blatantly corrupt school in America, with possibly the premier baseball job. If they hire an assistant, coonasses will lose it.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-23-2021 at 09:36 AM.

vCash
    I would think LSU would hire a guy with head coaching experience.

Having said that, Jake G has done a tremendous job this year. In a time where everyone is hitting the ball in the air and focusing on launch angle etc, he's gone the other way. We have an excellent 2 strike approach and we have been able to produce a lot of runs without having a super talented offensive roster.

vCash
    What did I miss? Is Maineiri out?

vCash
    Our staff is solid. I think Gotro gets a lesser than LSU P5 or bigger G5 job soon. We need him to stay around a couple more years for the hitters we've got coming in. It's his class, so maybe that helps keep him for another year or two but doubtful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our staff is solid. I think Gotro gets a lesser than LSU P5 or bigger G5 job soon. We need him to stay around a couple more years for the hitters we've got coming in. It's his class, so maybe that helps keep him for another year or two but doubtful.
    We've always lost tons of assistants. Can't believe Gotro has lasted so long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    What did I miss? Is Maineiri out?
    Seriously?

vCash
    And we probably lose half of our commits when he goes.

MSU’s fan base gets credit for it’s baseball IQ, but I’m going to call bullshit on that going by the message boards. It’s like the fans that don’t follow recruiting, don’t know that their program finished with a recruiting class rated 100 and wonder why their team loses all of the time.

Jimmys and Joes, not X’s and O’s. If a top notch coach is all that matters, just sign any high schooler that started varsity their senior year and we should be good, right?
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 05-23-2021 at 10:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Could see Vitello too
    Yeah, this is the man of the hour but...

Yes, Gautreau is a very good coach.

What are the chances they hire Mike Bianco, I dont want this happen. We need bianco at OM, he has a nice career plateau there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Yeah, this is the man of the hour but...

Yes, Gautreau is a very good coach.

What are the chances they hire Mike Bianco, I dont want this happen. We need bianco at OM, he has a nice career plateau there
    I'd say 0.00%.