Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
Could be a fun and interesting season. I doubt we will contend nationally because Howland doesn't teach offense...it's just one or two sets and if(when) nothing is there, he needs a Russell Westbrook to create for himself or we Jack a 3. Luckily we'll have more shooters and one on one type scorers, but it's not a recipe for success bc we'll have cold nights from 3 point range. I may be wrong, but at this point in his career Howland is who he is....we'll play good D and win a bunch of low scoring games, and we'll be left wondering the next year how guys weren't averaging 10-12 more points a game. The fact that Robert Woodard didn't average 20-25 a game last year is damn near criminal IMO, and is an example of Howland's offensive coaching ability.

But I'm just a guy that knows more about football and baseball than basketball. So feel free to tell me I'm way off
Howland's offense was fine in 18-19. We had 1 of the best offenses in the SEC. People are taking that upset against Liberty & throwing the entire season out with it. That was a very good season with a disappointing ending.

Woodard couldn't beat anyone off the dribble. He was strictly a catch & shoot guy & finisher. To avg 20-25 you have to be able to create your own shot. Woodard couldn't do that.