Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
The difference is that everyone you listed here is actually able to remain civil and have a very good point/counter-point debate with each other. They have all made good points on both sides of the argument, and have managed to do so while being civil to each other.

You, on the other hand, actually add no meaningful content to the discussion and just hurl child-like insults whenever someone disagrees with you. You insinuate that you are the smartest person in the room. You need to humble yourself, and consider that maybe you're not. Most members of this board are college educated people with technical degrees. Everyone on here is likely very smart. Your baseless insults make you come across like a 5 year old brat stomping their foot or laying on the ground crying. It certainly doesn't paint you as the smartest person in the room.

I have no doubt you've studied baseball a lot, and that you have a lot of good knowledge to bring to the table. However, no one is going to listen to you if you can't be civil with it.

I'll take my own advice and stop here.
I don't really "study the game" that much, mostly been a casual Braves fan over the years. I just loathe what analytics has done to all sports. You can't even watch MLB anymore. I wish we could see the league leaders around 80 stolen bases, 50 HR, .360 averages, and 10 K/9. I miss hit-and-runs, squeeze plays, etc. I miss the mid-range jump shot. I miss the I-formation. I'm not interested in time-wasting discussions on the problems being the hitter's approaches when they have no choice but to take those approaches to win games. That's the message that needs to be hammered home and the prism which this needs to be looked at. Environment necessitates approach. Blindly saying "durrr just change approach" is nonproductive.