Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The one bright spot about this series

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Those wouldn't be errors....by the way, Forsythe only has one less error than James, who was leading the SEC. You can't put both on the field. You just can't. But you can't pull Clark off DH.
    Are we sure Leggett can't play SS as good as Forsythe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Right now I would probably play Clark over James at DH in that lineup. Obviously that wouldn't affect us defensively. I still want to see Clark at first base and then DH Hancock to see if that improves us defensively.

Overall I agree that he shouldn't have tinkered with the lineup too much.
    I?ve looked at a bunch of combos and I while there is apart of me that would like to see Clark at first, the bigger issues with that is that is does nothing to help our biggest weakness on defense, which is the left side. So if try to correct that as well, then I have to leave Hancock or James out of the line up completely and that drops our projected production more than we can afford right now. If we somehow knew Clark was going to hit .300 from here on out...but he looks a lot more like .240-250. There are no good solves. That lineup just looks like our best combo today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Are we sure Leggett can't play SS as good as Forsythe?
    I'm not sure of anything in this puzzle except there's no way to fix every problem. It's like watching some of the teams under Polk where guys could hit but not field or vice versa. We just lack what we need and that's a complete team. We basically need a couple guys to get hot at the plate to at least level things out and give us a shot. Need better middle relief pitching too.

vCash
    by the way, Forsythe only has one less error than James, who was leading the SEC. You can't put both on the field. You just can't. But you can't pull Clark off DH.
    Forsythe has started 39 games at SS with 82 assists and 40 PO's- while James has 57 and 27. Forsythe has fewer errors in many more chances. James should be done at 3B.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Forsythe has started 39 games at SS with 82 assists and 40 PO's- while James has 57 and 27. Forsythe has fewer errors in many more chances. James should be done at 3B.
    Not if he can't hit. And he's not hitting currently. Clark is hitting and looks good doing it. He was expected to play this year but got sick. James isnt coming out completely. Not happening. Forsythe still isn't good and can't hit worth a flip. A little better defensively but a lot worse offensively. I want hitters in the lineup because the defense isn't going to be good regardless. It's bad when we lead the world in Ks but are so terrible fielding. 27 outs and half are K's. We can't even get outs fielding only half the outs.
    But there's just no good answer.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-16-2021 at 07:10 PM.

vCash
    It's bad when we lead the world in Ks but are so terrible fielding. 27 outs and half are K's. We can't even get outs fielding only half the outs.
    But there's just no good answer.
    We literally lead the SEC in fewest K's hitting. Not all contact is good contact- but we dont strikeout at the plate as much as other teams. We cant take Forsythe out of the line-up. He is out SS this year and in 2022 and 2023.

James is at .273 and Forsythe is at .262. 40 K's each. James bat probably has to be in the line-up for this team but let's not act like Cerrano is an all-star. He is getting slidered to death and is in a death spiral- 9 for his last 56 (.161). That's Hatcher numbers which led to a benching
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    We all can at least temper our expectations heading into post season. If Mizzou can beat us like a drum, I think most everyone in a regional can as well. We're not all that great. Probably have over-achieved for the season as a whole. But outside of our 1 & 2 hole and Sims in the BP and Bednar 2/3 starts, we're nothing special anywhere else.
    Im just mad to lose to a liberal arts school that does not even know they have a baseball team.

I have no expectations other than fascinating, inning by inning, baseball Brownian Motion. No telling what could happen.

I really do not think of us as a top-5 team, maybe top-16. The bad fielding and basket case starting pitching means anybody decent can beat us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We literally lead the SEC in fewest K's hitting. Not all contact is good contact- but we dont strikeout at the plate as much as other teams. We cant take Forsythe out of the line-up. He is out SS this year and in 2022 and 2023.

James is at .273 and Forsythe is at .262. 40 K's each. James bat probably has to be in the line-up for this team but let's not act like Cerrano is an all-star. He is getting slidered to death and is in a death spiral- 9 for his last 56 (.161). That's Hatcher numbers which led to a benching
    Pretty sure he meant we lead in striking out the opposition yet our fielding is pathetic, not us striking out. Pretty well documented that our hitters don't strikeout much but we probably lead the league in weak contact.

vCash
    It?s pretty worrisome that our starting SS at the beginning of the season and a guy who was battling for a starting spot at 3B are now batting each other for the DH.

vCash
    Those wouldn't be errors....by the way, Forsythe only has one less error than James, who was leading the SEC. You can't put both on the field. You just can't. But you can't pull Clark off DH.
    Forsyth has that quickness and short throwing motion that creates outs out of possible hits. James has a long throwing motion that takes creates a little more time for bang bang plays being hits. Forsyth is a premium defender and his biggest problem is being a freshman. James error on the "hit" on the guy going home should have been an out. He is not up to par on infield defense at the moment. I am not saying he can't ever be up to par but this year he is not good. Needs to DH or play outfield.