Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is what I will say

vCash

Here is what I will say

Our biggest goal is still in front of us but we surely made it harder to accomplish it.

We are sloppy in the field and have been most the year. In addition, we don?t swing the bat well. Short of 2-3 guys, we just don?t have that many hard outs. This weekend, they sure seemed to sit fastball and we didn?t miss many barrels and walked too many

Everyone talks leadership of the team and I don?t disagree but here is the thing I would like to see?..I would like to not see this team in the cotton district after games and hammered late into the night needing lifts back to their cars the morning of games. It is that simple. Stay your asses at home, eat right, and hydrate for the games the rest of the weekend. I get y?all had been riding at #2 and able to get shitty every Friday and Sat night this year but that needs to end if we want to really make a run at this thing.

I think it is truly that simple.

vCash
    Baseball players especially in college are known for partying. I think the main thing is we have over-achieved, we can still have success. Talent wise this isn't one of the all time best teams, but we have to keep grinding and find ways to win. Hitting has improved but yes we have a few holes.

vCash
    Not saying they shouldn't hang out or party, but smashed into the wee hours on game day is a whole different story. Not picking on pitchers(because the whole team looked drunk this weekend) but havent our starters seemed worse at home than on the road?

vCash
    Y'all need to quit this shit. We had a bad weekend. We were overdue. It's baseball. We aren't a perfect team, but are still one of the top clubs in the nation. Too many of y'all have such a sky is falling complex it's embarrassing. You've spent all season looking for ways to shit on these guys and declare us dead - and have never enjoyed the fact despite errors, some bad hitting, and inconsistent play we are still in the running for an SEC title, a National seed, and winning the CWS. We may get there, we may not - but grow some and quit looking for ways to say "I've been saying all season these guys can't win" and enjoy the fact that outside of 3 series this season we've been one of the best teams in the country.

ETA : this isn't about any specific post in this thread - but more about general attitudes on the board.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 05-16-2021 at 09:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Y'all need to quit this shit. We had a bad weekend. We were overdue. It's baseball. We aren't a perfect team, but are still one of the top clubs in the nation. Too many of y'all have such a sky is falling complex it's embarrassing. You've spent all season looking for ways to shit on these guys and declare us dead - and have never enjoyed the fact despite errors, some bad hitting, and inconsistent play we are still in the running for an SEC title, a National seed, and winning the CWS. We may get there, we may not - but grow some and quit looking for ways to say "I've been saying all season these guys can't win" and enjoy the fact that outside of 3 series this season we've been one of the best teams in the country.

ETA : this isn't about any specific post in this thread - but more about general attitudes on the board.
    Bruns, I thought the above post weren't so much negative. Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Bruns, I thought the above post weren't so much negative. Just saying.
    I realized after the fact I posted this on the wrong thread - figured I leave it and see what happens

vCash
    The last place team in the sec just came in to our house and shat in our Cheerios. Sure there is plenty to look forward to and we aren?t dead by any means but if anyone on this team or on this board is complacent with what they just saw then we must have watched different teams.

vCash
    Why isn?t there a curfew on game nights?

vCash

Settle down ma’am. This wasn’t trashing the team. We had a bad weekend. Great teams don’t lose series to last place teams. Shouldn’t have happened but did. Now we need to flush it and move on. But in doing so, we need to change how we approach a weekend and the nights before games.

Fly off the handle much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Why isn?t there a curfew on game nights?
    Nope…..or 3/4 of the team would be suspended for each game

vCash
    I have no idea whether or not the rumor about the all night drinking and partying is true, but if it is then it should?ve been addressed after that Saturday Ole Miss game. The fact that it continued on after that is concerning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weblow View Post
    Nope…..or 3/4 of the team would be suspended for each game
    That's on the coach then!! Guess it's a little harder because it's 3 nights on the weekend as compared to one game in football. But if the guys had any gumption about themselves, they wouldn't be late nighting it before the games with a SEC title on the line and a national seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg33 View Post
    The last place team in the sec just came in to our house and shat in our Cheerios. Sure there is plenty to look forward to and we aren?t dead by any means but if anyone on this team or on this board is complacent with what they just saw then we must have watched different teams.
    Don't think anyone is complacent about it. The reality is things like this happen during a season. I'd much rather have this happen against Missouri than in the Regional (like OM has happen every year). It's not that different than Vandy playing UGA and getting their ass handed to them earlier this season (UGA was in next to the last at the time). The key thing in baseball is that you put the bad weekend behind you and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weblow View Post
    Settle down ma’am. This wasn’t trashing the team. We had a bad weekend. Great teams don’t lose series to last place teams. Shouldn’t have happened but did. Now we need to flush it and move on. But in doing so, we need to change how we approach a weekend and the nights before games.

Fly off the handle much?
    And yet, great teams lose to to terrible teams all the time in baseball. That's just facts. As you say, we have to flush it and move on.

But, spending our time looking for excuses - like guys out partying - is pointless. It is part of life in sports. We all know it. Hell, we revere some athletes for it (John Bond comes to mind). You can't use it as a cure all when we lose and ignore it when it doesn't "impact" the weekend and we run thru a team and sweep a series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I have no idea whether or not the rumor about the all night drinking and partying is true, but if it is then it should?ve been addressed after that Saturday Ole Miss game. The fact that it continued on after that is concerning
    It is definitely true, most folks don't care about it when you win but sure will be critical when they lose.

I could care less, they are a good baseball team and have bounced back before, they have gotten their ass chewing about how they have played this week and will bounce back

vCash

I agree the reaction is a little overboard. But the performance this past weekend was too so I understand. Bounce back at Bama and we are good, next.

vCash
    Juco girls soccer teams have curfews before games.

It's needs to be rule going forward during the season. Party all you want in the off season. But buckle down during the season.

vCash
    I've heard of MLB players doing lines of cocaine before a game and getting three hits.

Partying is only an issue when we don't win. If people think our players weren't partying after other SEC series I don't know what to tell them.

vCash
    So we are just gonna pretend that this team has been way overrated all year?

We currently don't have a starter that can get past the 4th inning.

The 3-hole hitter has what..1 or 2 hits in the past 2 weeks.

We have a coach that put 2 freshmen on the mound yesterday in pressure situations before they were ready.

Go back and count how many clutch 2-out hits Mizzou had. And how many times they led off the inning with a walk or a base hit.

We had what...half dozen fielding errors this weekend.?

I'm pissed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've heard of MLB players doing lines of cocaine before a game and getting three hits.

Partying is only an issue when we don't win. If people think our players weren't partying after other SEC series I don't know what to tell them.
    MLB teams have beer available in the damn clubhouse. Coaches aren't baby sitters, we don't need curfews, and having rules like "can't party in season" may get you somewhere with Mama during recruiting, but will do nothing to produce results on the field. And our players aren't any different than any players in college anywhere.