Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Black and Gold Tigers game 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IngomarDawg View Post
    Who the hell do you play? I agree he?s not doing it, but James can?t play it, leggets bat is as bad as anyone?s. There?s no one else, thanks Landon Jordan
    Thats what I was saying. Lemonis has done a good job trying to plug holes both offensively and defensively the entire season but there are only so many options available. Only complaint with Lemonis this year is baying Sims like he is as fragile as glass. I really thought not using Sims in the 9th last Sunday was probably going to cost us the SEC. Guess it would not have mattered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    May have to sweep Bama to keep super but no way I see that happening.
    Was wondering this, does this series loss end our super chances?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    We win 2 of 3 next week we may sneak in at 8. 1-2 next weekend it is over. 0-3 we'll barely host regional and OM will move past us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Definitely on life support.

vCash
    I thought they were suppose to announce host sites early. What happened to that?

vCash
    I'm going to drink some beer. Hopefully we figure things out by next weekend. No point in worrying beyond that. This team is disappointing because they rolled over when they could've won a championship. But this is still the same team it's been all year. Just got to get our heads right.

vCash
    Don't worry win 2 out of 3 next week and Chicos Bail Bonds will have a super hosting. If we even win the regional/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Don't worry win 2 out of 3 next week and Chicos Bail Bonds will have a super hosting. If we even win the regional/
    That's the thing, on how we played this weekend I have 0 confidence we can win 2 out of 3 at Bama where they are significantly better than Mizzou. Plus we seem to struggle against Bama at their place it seems like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Who do you blame for this? This game is on Lemonis in my opinion...
    This is bullshit, the players aren't performing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    It's both

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    That's the thing, on how we played this weekend I have 0 confidence we can win 2 out of 3 at Bama where they are significantly better than Mizzou. Plus we seem to struggle against Bama at their place it seems like.
    Question. We took 1 of 3 from Vandy on the road and we were only out scored 17-13. We just took 1 of 3 from Missouri at home and got out scored 27-17. Which one do you think is more indicative of this team?

It's not freak out time yet. Lemonis is having to make massive changes late in year to try and plug holes. And he's having to do it with a bunch of players that don't have a lot of experience. That's part of it and it's showing. Let's not be irrational. We had a bad weekend. We get a midweek game against Jax State and a good last weekend road test against a better Bama team.

Let's evaluate these guys after that series before we start talking about losing a regional in 2 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Question. We took 1 of 3 from Vandy on the road and we were only out scored 17-13. We just took 1 of 3 from Missouri at home and got out scored 27-17. Which one do you think is more indicative of this team?

It's not freak out time yet. Lemonis is having to make massive changes late in year to try and plug holes. And he's having to do it with a bunch of players that don't have a lot of experience. That's part of it and it's showing. Let's not be irrational. We had a bad weekend. We get a midweek game against Jax State and a good last weekend road test against a better Bama team.

Let's evaluate these guys after that series before we start talking about losing a regional in 2 games.
    Oh I agree that next weekend is a whole new series, but our last 4 games something has been off with this team. Defense, pitching, and coaching. Need to get it fixed. I never said we would lose a regional, but if we keep playing like this we will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    They aren't. Players didn't perform last night and made too many errors that led them to score and ultimately win late. This game I believed was mismanaged by Lemonis. Did the players not perform today? Sure, but I firmly believe Sims should have pitched when we were only down two.

vCash

I?m all for giving guys time but man we are 2 weeks before the SEC tournament we are way past time to be evaluating and wait and see on players. I think we will win 3-4 this week but it doesn?t fix the problems this team has. And 2 weeks experience isn?t going to fix the problems. If the team that played this weekend shows up to a regional they get bounced in 2 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IngomarDawg View Post
    I?m all for giving guys time but man we are 2 weeks before the SEC tournament we are way past time to be evaluating and wait and see on players. I think we will win 3-4 this week but it doesn?t fix the problems this team has. And 2 weeks experience isn?t going to fix the problems. If the team that played this weekend shows up to a regional they get bounced in 2 games.
    And that's my whole point. This team that played this weekend we've seen one time this year, sort of twice if you count Arkansas.

We are in a transitional time with young players. Sucks but it happens. Lemonis showed he's willing to try and find a way to push the right buttons today with the lineup changes. The staff let us down. Starting pitching was awful. It happens, even to good teams.

TCU is trying to avoid the sweep against Louisiana Monroe. Louisville is doing the same against UNC. Last week Ole Miss needed a 7 spot in the 7th to avoid a sweep from TAMU. It's baseball. Crap like this happens. I'm not worried.

vCash
    rpi at 8 now

vCash
    And that's my whole point. This team that played this weekend we've seen one time this year, sort of twice if you count Arkansas.

We are in a transitional time with young players. Sucks but it happens. Lemonis showed he's willing to try and find a way to push the right buttons today with the lineup changes. The staff let us down. Starting pitching was awful. It happens, even to good teams.

TCU is trying to avoid the sweep against Louisiana Monroe. Louisville is doing the same against UNC. Last week Ole Miss needed a 7 spot in the 7th to avoid a sweep from TAMU. It's baseball. Crap like this happens. I'm not worried.
    I agree baseball happens. And the further I get from this bullshit weekend, the more I think man we hit a ton of balls hard right at people but we have to field better. And yes I agree Lemonis is doing all he can do, I?m not displeased with him at all (although I wish we used sims more) he?s trying his best. The players have to step up, James is in a month long slump, Hancock is finally coming out of his 6 week slump, the bottom of our lineup is hot and cold mostly cold. We have to hit better, just simple as that. Lemonis can?t field the baseball himself so he can only pick the best balance he thinks will produce offense but not give away defensively. Just tough to balance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    rpi at 8 now
    whew, barely hanging on.

My take is we are a good overall team, no doubt about it. But we aren't so talented that we can just show up and win. We don't have any dominant starting pitchers to bail us out. And everyone on this board is aware of our other shortcomings. Hopefully, this is a wake call to get re-focused and play with the right intensity from here on out.

vCash
    Landon Jordan being a 3-year old has hurt us assuming he could have been better than what we have done.

It sucked for him but at the time Lemonis made the right call based on how James was hitting. But he should have at least stuck out the year to see what might have happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I don't think that is true. you don't win as many as we have with smoke and mirrors. We just peaked too soon. I'll tell you another thing. Lemonis still jacking with the starters this late in year and all year messes with your confidence. He has to figure this out early in year.
    I totally disagree with respect to the lineup. In what endeavor anywhere (except any government) can you perform at a subpar level and not be replaced? Skinner can't hit, so you gotta sit him down. Likewise with Hatcher. Cumbest cost us big time on Friday with that inexcusable fielding error, so he's gotta sit as well. Of course today's left fielder fared no better, so he's gotta sit. Same with Cerantola; he couldn't find home plate with a road map and a GPS, so he's gotta ride the pine as well. Just the way it is; produce/do your job or maybe somebody else can get the job done. That's the way it is in the real world, so why is baseball any different?