Thread: Hmmm, Coach-why did you do,that?

vCash

Hmmm, Coach-why did you do,that?

Bottom of their order. 7 hitter leading off and you put the shift on. Begging him to bunt. Why? Then you play the worst fielding third baseman in SEC in the ninth with the infield down in?again why?

vCash
    Analytics have made coaches lazy. Lemonis doesn't have much of a feel for game management. It's 100% analytics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Analytics have made coaches lazy. Lemonis doesn't have much of a feel for game management. It's 100% analytics.
    Overall, he has been a pretty great game manager to me.

vCash
    Kam was the last out in the 8th inning. What kind of analytics would tell you to keep him ar 3rd base in a clutch defensive situation? Probably would have been the 11th inning before he would have gotten another AB. I didn't get to keep up with the early part of the game but was Tanner Leggett available?

vCash
    That's the right way to do it. Data over feelings every time.

vCash
    I agree with you 100%. And part of the problem is if a coach does something that goes against analytics and it doesn't work they get ripped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree with you 100%. And part of the problem is if a coach does something that goes against analytics and it doesn't work they get ripped.
    I'll respectfully disagree w you both. But your certainly have the right to that opinion

vCash
    So a guy that can't run and is a pure pull an d never bunts you wouldn't shift? Gotcha. Kudos to the guy that proved us wrong. But if you don't think the shift has helped us way more than hurt us then you need to step away from the keyboard.

vCash
    So y’all rip him when he takes Hancock and Kam out for defensive replacements, then y’all rip him when he doesn’t? Yea, makes perfect sense....

Look, we have played like absolute shit the last 3 games. If he doesn’t jump in their ass like he did in Forsyth’s after he didn’t bunt, something is wrong. If I’m Tanner Allen or Rowdy, we have a come to Jesus meeting after tonight.

We have the potential to win it all, or get play like tonight and never leave Starkville. It’s their choice. Tonight’s loss is the kinda loss that they should be embarrassed by. We can’t walk 3 guys every inning.

We cut out walks, we are fine. Seems like we can’t have a 1, 2, 3 inning unless it’s Sims pitching. That’s gotta change. We also have to find that stomp on your throat mentality. We had chances to put them away, but didn’t.

We will see tom tho.

vCash
    I'm not sure baseball is a sport that all it takes is getting fired up to execute. I don't think effort is the issue. Lot of mental stuff and some of it is just talent and timing and who is playing what when. Yeah you can get a little extra juice in football and basketball on D but baseball kinda like golf a precision sport.

vCash
    I think we will be alright and y'all will rip any player or coach we have regardless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Well even the analytics guys are coming around that you can’t manage parts of a game on 100% pure analytics. Players are still people and people can do things that the data says they shouldn’t. Over a season, a series, etc. it’s a great tool and should be a deciding factor but in smaller portions of game, you have to manage people and sometimes the better move is not the analytical move. There are parts of pure analytics that you can’t use 100% all the time during a season or a series because it can work against you as well.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 05-15-2021 at 11:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    No it's not. There are times you need to do things that aren't 100% predictable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So a guy that can't run and is a pure pull an d never bunts you wouldn't shift? Gotcha. Kudos to the guy that proved us wrong. But if you don't think the shift has helped us way more than hurt us then you need to step away from the keyboard.
    Did I mention the shift? Nope. I'm simply saying there are times in games, especially those that are tight, when you don't need to be predictable. Every team has the same analytical info we have. They know what we're going to do. Surprise them. By the way, that's exactly what that batter did. Kudos to them for being different and winning the damn game.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-15-2021 at 11:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Kam was the last out in the 8th inning. What kind of analytics would tell you to keep him ar 3rd base in a clutch defensive situation? Probably would have been the 11th inning before he would have gotten another AB. I didn't get to keep up with the early part of the game but was Tanner Leggett available?
    He had looked lost batting—had several chances to drive in runs. Losing his bat might have been a blessing.

vCash
    Ball rolls under Brads legs—1 run. Shortstop can make route play-1 run—-james has a routine play to make -doesn’t -1 run. Shortstop has a play to throw out runner at 3td but chooses to go to 1st—1 run. Our defense is shoddy, and that will be our downfall. We need SS that can make routine plays 99% of the time. Not to mention Scotty letting throw from Tanner go into centerfield—1 run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Bottom of their order. 7 hitter leading off and you put the shift on. Begging him to bunt. Why? Then you play the worst fielding third baseman in SEC in the ninth with the infield down in?again why?
    1-Leggett should play all the time, until KJ starts playing the position well enough
    2-why all the exotic shifting with a shit opponent, Missouri kids wanted to beat us above all else. The pride that prevents bunting by LSU or Vandy players is not resident in any Mizzou student, it is a weak makeup school.
    3-Seems that KJ must DH now
    4-Creates a problem because we see Clark playing so well. Can he be the 1B-man?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    1-Leggett should play all the time, until KJ starts playing the position well enough
    2-why all the exotic shifting with a shit opponent, Missouri kids wanted to beat us above all else. The pride that prevents bunting by LSU or Vandy players is not resident in any Mizzou student, it is a weak makeup school.
    3-Seems that KJ must DH now
    4-Creates a problem because we see Clark playing so well. Can he be the 1B-man?
    We can’t do that and DH Kam. You lose Hancock as well. It’s either Kam DH with Leggett at 3rd or you DH with Clark and Kam plays 3rd

vCash
    Clark in LF today. No Cumbest or Skinner. James DH. I love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Clark in LF today. No Cumbest or Skinner. James DH. I love it.
    I would rather DH Brad hell, he had a double and another hard hit ball. james just looked lost