Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Game 2

vCash
    I'm just going to lower my expectations and maybe it'll hurt less in the end. This team winning a national championship was always going to be tough with our weak lineup. Throw in anemic defense and mediocre starting pitching, and our chances are incredibly low. Landon Sims can only help you so much. This sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Now we just have to hope we win the series against these trash cans. Why is it that Mississippi State teams in all sports can't handle success? You'd think an athletics program that has never won a championship would never get overconfident or thinking they're good enough to coast to victory....yet it is the definition of our athletics program any time we have a taste of success. So frustrating. There's a F'ing Title on the line, guys....act like you're aware of it and want it!
    We are cursed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Okrastar1 View Post
    Why in the literal FK can we not pitch the best F?ING closer in the nation one inning, one damn inning to shut shit down! I mean bring Lando in the damn 9th and at WORST we go to extras... Also for those praising Mule, his defense and hitting looked like shit today!
    No way in hell your bring him in in the 9th unless you have a lead tonight. He pitched 2 last night. You wanna waste him on getting us to extras tonight, then not have him tom if we need him. That’s a stupid ass comment...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Afraid we peaked too soon. Anything can happen but we won't make it out of regional like this.
    Yep

vCash
    RPI down to #5. Just can't overstate how bad of a loss this is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Okrastar1 View Post
    Why in the literal FK can we not pitch the best F?ING closer in the nation one inning, one damn inning to shut shit down! I mean bring Lando in the damn 9th and at WORST we go to extras... Also for those praising Mule, his defense and hitting looked like shit today!
    Screwed up on the base running and defense big time but you cannot be serious about his hitting compared to what Skinner did last night. Your drunk if you think if his double and actually putting some hard contact in play is looking like crap

vCash
    I think this will hopefully serve as a wake up call. We came in half cocked yesterday and got lucky. Did it again today and got beat. We are a top 5 team fully capable of winning it all, but we aren’t good enough to just go through the motions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I think this will hopefully serve as a wake up call. We came in half cocked yesterday and got lucky. Did it again today and got beat. We are a top 5 team fully capable of winning it all, but we aren’t good enough to just go through the motions.
    This... We can win it all, but can’t if we play like tonight. Clark looks dang good and we may have a legit threat at the bottom of the order now.

We can’t continue to walk people over and over. And don’t even get me started on the damn shift.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'm just going to lower my expectations and maybe it'll hurt less in the end. This team winning a national championship was always going to be tough with our weak lineup. Throw in anemic defense and mediocre starting pitching, and our chances are incredibly low. Landon Sims can only help you so much. This sucks.
    Yep. Our starting pitching throughout the season has been above average but erratic. Our hitting up and down the lineup has been below average except for TA and when Rowdy finally got to hitting. Our defense has been below average. Landon Sims, Logan Tanner's defense and sometimes Bednar is the only thing elite I've seen on this team. TA having a strong season too. Bad defense negates good pitching. So like you said, how we going to win a NC with bad defense that negates our only strong suit and a weak line up? I just don't see Omaha unless we shore up the D or catch fire like no other. And this is not a knee jerk reaction of tonights game. This is the same pattern throughout the season. Erratic starts, weak defense, and weak hitting. Guess I'm lowering expectations too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    we lose tomorrow and i'm afraid we'll be snakebit and drop the series to bama next weekend. then we may have to rely on hoover to build our resume back up to par. for the tourney. the national seed isnt in jeopardy yet, but lose tomorrow and it will be
    No it won't.

vCash
    Hopefully we play angry tomorrow and it's never in doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    This... We can win it all, but can’t if we play like tonight. Clark looks dang good and we may have a legit threat at the bottom of the order now.

We can’t continue to walk people over and over. And don’t even get me started on the damn shift.
    Hope I get shocked but I just can't see this MSU baseball team making a deep run in Omaha. This team has more flaws than any other Top Ten MSU baseball team I can ever remember. Parker Stinnett was terrible tonight with no control giving away runs and Forsythe double clutches a throw that was the go ahead run after review in that inning. And then of course our offense is out to lunch for pretty much the entire second half of the game like we are seeing regularly now. Kam blows a play to give up the winning run in the 9th but that was expected if the ball got hit to him. Could only listen in spots tonight traveling but why was Tanner Leggett not playing 3rd? Our infield defense is just rough for what is supposedly a top 5 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    We are cursed
    Well we have a goose egg in every sport, so therein lies the expectation to ultimately lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Now we just have to hope we win the series against these trash cans. Why is it that Mississippi State teams in all sports can't handle success? You'd think an athletics program that has never won a championship would never get overconfident or thinking they're good enough to coast to victory....yet it is the definition of our athletics program any time we have a taste of success. So frustrating. There's a F'ing Title on the line, guys....act like you're aware of it and want it!
    1. I think our local fans in Starkville sometimes pat MSU players on the back too much. They get treated like heroes for having a nice season.

2. It is almost impossible for us to build a complete team with the MLB draft and the scholarship situation. LSU has National Titles- and at least 5 of them were with teams loaded up with steroids and being able to use TOPS. Vanderbilt has a National Title and we all know why. As a result of the situation we always seem to have holes whether it's pitching- starting or relieving- hitting, or defense. If the field was level we would be one of if not the most dominant team in the league. I think we are finally starting to see a push at least from SEC schools to level the playing field. We'll see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Hope I get shocked but I just can't see this MSU baseball team making a deep run in Omaha. This team has more flaws than any other Top Ten MSU baseball team I can ever remember. Parker Stinnett was terrible tonight with no control giving away runs and Forsythe double clutches a throw that was the go ahead run after review in that inning. And then of course our offense is out to lunch for pretty much the entire second half of the game like we are seeing regularly now. Kam blows a play to give up the winning run in the 9th but that was expected if the ball got hit to him. Could only listen in spots tonight traveling but why was Tanner Leggett not playing 3rd? Our infield defense is just rough for what is supposedly a top 5 team.
    Leggett wasn't playing third because it was a tie game and Lemonis didn't want to lose James's bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Leggett wasn't playing third because it was a tie game and Lemonis didn't want to lose James's bat.
    James has lost confidence both in the field and at the plate. I hope I am wrong but we look like a tired baseball team, we will know if we peaked to soon the next 4 Sec games. Walks and poor defense does that to teams. Missouri has been awful all year at the plate and pitching and now they are playing like we have all year, making plays when it counts.
    We can bounce back and hopefully today we get good pitching and play solid, something we haven't done the last 3 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not sure if that's a major loss at the moment. This team better catch its second wind for the post season run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    James has lost confidence both in the field and at the plate. I hope I am wrong but we look like a tired baseball team, we will know if we peaked to soon the next 4 Sec games. Walks and poor defense does that to teams. Missouri has been awful all year at the plate and pitching and now they are playing like we have all year, making plays when it counts.
    We can bounce back and hopefully today we get good pitching and play solid, something we haven't done the last 3 games.
    Agree on James. He has been poor at the plate for a long time now. I don't know what the right lineups are but I have seen some of the wrong ones. Mule made some bad plays last night. Logan has not been sharp lately. Seems like most are in a funk outside of TA, Rowdey and Sims. Out pitching is just some inconsistent. Mac is SEC POW and then wouldn't make Mizzou's bullpen. Johnson been terrible lately but comes in like Nolan Ryan? TBH, I've lost a lot of confidence in some of our pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree on James. He has been poor at the plate for a long time now. I don't know what the right lineups are but I have seen some of the wrong ones. Mule made some bad plays last night. Logan has not been sharp lately. Seems like most are in a funk outside of TA, Rowdey and Sims. Out pitching is just some inconsistent. Mac is SEC POW and then wouldn't make Mizzou's bullpen. Johnson been terrible lately but comes in like Nolan Ryan? TBH, I've lost a lot of confidence in some of our pitching.
    The thing that is worrisome to me is our defense and starting pitchers moving forward. I will say it seems this team plays like our competition, good when teams are good and not so good against lesser competition. But this team has shown it can win and over achieve, I said this a while back, I'm kinda amazed at our record and we find ways to win with not even close one of our best teams. I also am anxious to see how well the Sec does in regional play, The top six or seven teams have been very good, soon we will know how good. I do think Arkansas is best team in the country.

vCash
    Against sec teams with a losing sec record, we're now 12-2, and that will most likely be 13-2 after today. We lost, but we have won the games we're supposed to at an amazing clip.