Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 7:30 Game (Thread)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hell, I wish we'd give EC some shots
    That's true, but with C, we've actually seen his potential...granted not on a consistent/high pressure basis, but his stuff is dominant....Skinner, on the other hand, has been clueless behind the plate. Not great comparisons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    We generally sit him vs LHP... I was just going from SEC only stats that I stopped compiling

He is not doing very well in the conference. When I get a desire to see something sad, I’ll compile again
    Gotcha. I was looking at all games

vCash
    I think lemonis sees something in skinner, and he's trying to get it out in real games. I'm all for trying to maximize our chances of winning it all not just the sec so I like stuff like that. Hell, I wish we'd give EC some shots
    I get that but he also needed to let the previous lineup play out as well to see if that was going to keep generating the runs needed to win it all. There is no perfect solution but the last 2 games were not it. Some lineups just gel and feed off each other better. Even when individual numbers look poor at spots but the aggregate is better overall.

vCash
    I missed most of last weekend. How did SC get cumbest out (1/11, 4 k)? Was it certain pitch, certain location?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I like Skinner and he is damn elite defensively. He may be like Rowdy and just need at bats.
    It’s too late for that, not enough season left for him to the AB’s for us to see if he can turn it around. Rowdy also has a track record of starting cold but after 36 AB’s he started climbing up. We just can’t afford that gamble going into and through Regionals.

vCash
    The key play was the ball 3 pitch that had us bases loaded 2 outs with a 3-2 count. Dubrule ball is an out if we didn’t have the merry go round started. Huge break! I mean a huge break

vCash
    I like Skinner and he is damn elite defensively. He may be like Rowdy and just need at bats.
    I don?t think Skinner is a bad gamble, you got to invest in players. He?s batting in the 9 hole, after all

When he gets on base, he can make shake things up. In 2022 he needs to add a bunt component and become more selective. It would be great to have a Enrique Barfield like Vandy. The Vandy kid has a 471 on base percentage!

Yeah, very huge difference between Bradfield and Skinner

vCash
    I like Skinner and he is damn elite defensively.
    Uhhhhh no he's not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Uhhhhh no he's not
    Serviceable, but not elite.

vCash
    I missed most of last weekend. How did SC get cumbest out (1/11, 4 k)? Was it certain pitch, certain location?
    He hit some hard balls right at people on several occcasions

vCash
    Also - I completely missed this game so read thru the game thread. It's hilarious. You are the only guy that didn't get emotional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    That move stinks. James should be DH so we always have legget and never lose James
    We can't keep making that same move. Can't take James and Hancock out up one. But we can't go far w legget in the everyday lineup. We have enough holes in the lineup as it is. Just can't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    The key play was the ball 3 pitch that had us bases loaded 2 outs with a 3-2 count. Dubrule ball is an out if we didn’t have the merry go round started. Huge break! I mean a huge break
    How is dubrule out? He hit it, the runners starting had nothing to do with him beating it out. I'm confused

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Skinner CANNOT start again. Just cant
    I have no idea why he is in the lineup. Seriously, what does he do the Cumbest can't? Skinner drew one walk on 4 pitches. Other than that, a pop fly to 3rd and 2ks if I remember correctly. Literally not competitive in 4 plate appearances. I love the kid too. I think once he starts seeing the ball better at the plate he will be around a .275 guy with a little pop. He just isn't ready and we do not need to give up 4 outs a game.

Put it this way, I don't care if they are throwing only right handers. I want Cumbest taking those swings. He literally cannot do worse at the plate.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    How is dubrule out? He hit it, the runners starting had nothing to do with him beating it out. I'm confused
    Because without the 3-2 count Tanner Allen would have been out at second.

vCash
    We're fortunate that we won this game. It seemed like we lacked focus and acted like a team that reads their press clippings and expected to win by showing up.

Acting like that is how you get eliminated in a regional. Hopefully Lemonis kicked some guys in the ass tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
    LOL at almost every poster in this thread. Go Dawgs
    It's a game thread. I've learned to avoid them like the plague. LOL

Reading through afterwards, all the usual suspects showed up when we were struggling. Well except 99jc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Also - I completely missed this game so read thru the game thread. It's hilarious. You are the only guy that didn't get emotional.
    They're an sec team. They're now 5-20 in sec, but 8 of those losses are by 2 runs or less. Of our 17 sec wins, 7 of them are by 2 runs or less. There's a fine line in this conference. I felt confident we'd get the win, but I refused to get mad bc we weren't steamrolling them

ETA... I'm certainly not above throwing a tantrum. I've lost it a few times during brave games lately
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-14-2021 at 06:31 AM.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Baseball is a marathon. Any team can win on any given day, especially in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    It's a game thread. I've learned to avoid them like the plague. LOL

Reading through afterwards, all the usual suspects showed up when we were struggling. Well except 99jc.
    Oh i was bitching just not online with it. I am much much more concerned with real life right now.