Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ Stewart not returning next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Supposedly he was told he will not be drafted and should go back to school, but signed with an agent anyway.
    Man, I find it hard to believe that he would have agreed to redshirt and then gotten impatient enough to leave if he hasn't gotten a good guarantee that he will not just be drafted but offered a decent contract. Hope for his sake this isn't true and that he got a guarantee similar to Woodard, that he'll be drafted and offered a multiyear contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Man, I find it hard to believe that he would have agreed to redshirt and then gotten impatient enough to leave if he hasn't gotten a good guarantee that he will not just be drafted but offered a decent contract. Hope for his sake this isn't true and that he got a guarantee similar to Woodard, that he'll be drafted and offered a multiyear contract.
    Yea, usually some sort of good feedback has been given to a player like D.J. to cause him to remain in the draft so I hope he did get some good feedback or promise.

Truth be told DJ was a great player and teamatte so I can't call his decision dumb like a few people already have, for trying to better himself and his family. He comes from a very small town so he may be ready to try and help them out even if his professional career start overseas. Good luck DJ!

vCash
    Can't fault him. I think he actually made the correct decision. He is going to be 22 in July and that is already getting up there in terms of what NBA teams view as a prospect. I agree he needs to work on his ball handling....but if that is fixable then he might as well let the NBA player development people do that in the G-League.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Come on down Shakeel Moore and/or Rocket Watts.
    I thinks he's older than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    NIT again?
    Yeah, no shot of NCAAT without finding a legit guard in the portal.

vCash

Born: July 28, 1999 (age 21 years)

So much for thinking.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    According to Paul Jones, he's signed with an agent and is not returning.

This sucks.
    What happened to Jalen Terry? I thought the "powers that be" said he was signing with State....
    No Signature

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yeah, no shot of NCAAT without finding a legit guard in the portal.
    We will

vCash
    What are our chances with Shakeel Moore or Rocket Watts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    The silver lining is that this makes it much easier for us to sign and start a true point guard. We weren't going to convince an impactful transfer to come in and sit on the bench while DJ started at the point this year.
    Problem is, Howland doesn't recruit true point guards.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Most of the SEC has loaded up with transfers from basketball schools, so I imagine a lot will hang on chemistry, as to whether we can make the tourney or not.

vCash
    Israeli Basketball Premier league is looking for players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    And if he ends up there, good for him. I'm sure he can help provide for his family with the money he would make there. We as fans tend to forget people have lives and family needs to tend to. I want him back too but he is choosing to try to play professionally and No one can blame him for that. Life is bigger than Mississippi State. I hope he can get a nice deal like Woodard did last year

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    The kid with the afro will take his minutes. Can't recall his name, but he came on strong at the end of the season last year. Should be a good #2 to Molinor.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    These kids can make good money over there. Its not NBA money but they still rake some in. Plus get a all paid tour of Europe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    These kids can make good money over there. Its not NBA money but they still rake some in. Plus get a all paid tour of Europe.
    You simply 'missed' the entire point'. No State fan wants anything 'bad' for DJ; just the opposite! They wanted him back next year to see him improved, watch the team gel, and see him 'better' his chances to actually get drafted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The kid with the afro will take his minutes. Can't recall his name, but he came on strong at the end of the season last year. Should be a good #2 to Molinor.
    I assume you're talking about Matthews

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    If that's true, bad decision on whoever is giving him feedback to remain in the draft, I can't judge him, he may need the money for his family. Good luck to him though
    I agree he may not get drafted and even if he does it will probably be late in the draft. But, He may know exactly where he stands and made an informed decision to take his shot.

I figure he will be getting paid to play ball somewhere next year and if he is not, I will be surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Problem is, Howland doesn't recruit true point guards.
    He's recruiting Watts and Moore isn't he? If they're not true point guards they're a hell of a lot closer to it than DJ.

vCash
    Without DJ, Devion and Ado I don't see us as being much better than this past year. Will wait though to see if we can pull a decent guard out of the portal. And we really need two of them.