Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor is Leiter...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Corbin and Bianco making it harder on the rest of us to talk kids into coming to school.
    1st Round picks should not generally come to school, especially pitchers to a desperate and obsessed school like Ole Miss

I wonder if this spooks the Rocker family and they bail on the Whisperers. For Rocker, the season is now Pure Risk with no personal reward. If he opts out, he can still take his General Studies classes at Vandy. School is already out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    1st Round picks should not generally come to school, especially pitchers to a desperate and obsessed school like Ole Miss

I wonder if this spooks the Rocker family and they bail on the Whisperers. For Rocker, the season is now Pure Risk with no personal reward. If he opts out, he can still take his General Studies classes at Vandy. School is already out.
    It's amazing to me that Rocker is still there. I thought money wasn't an issue for them because his dad played in the NFL, but didn't realize he only lasted two or three years. So I guess he really is just playing with his fall back being an insurance policy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It's amazing to me that Rocker is still there. I thought money wasn't an issue for them because his dad played in the NFL, but didn't realize he only lasted two or three years. So I guess he really is just playing with his fall back being an insurance policy.
    If it's true about Leiter than I can see a world where Rocker is shut down til at least the Regionals and possibly the CWS. If it's either shut him down or lose I imagine Corbin will choose the former. However, without either of them that series in Oxford gets a heck of a lot more interesting.

vCash
    Ryan Webb at Georgia is now getting shut down for the rest of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Interesting Read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ance-for-that/

“The premiums can be expensive, perhaps 3 percent for the contract of a position player, 7 percent for a pitcher. Thus, insuring even the first year of Strasburg’s extension, in which he’ll make more than $18.3 million, could cost the Nationals close to $1.3 million. In order for a team to collect on an insurance policy, a player must miss a predetermined number of days — usually around 60. And even then, the club would get back only between 60-80 percent of the player’s salary.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Interesting Read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ance-for-that/

“The premiums can be expensive, perhaps 3 percent for the contract of a position player, 7 percent for a pitcher. Thus, insuring even the first year of Strasburg’s extension, in which he’ll make more than $18.3 million, could cost the Nationals close to $1.3 million. In order for a team to collect on an insurance policy, a player must miss a predetermined number of days — usually around 60. And even then, the club would get back only between 60-80 percent of the player’s salary.”
    Insurance companies make money. They aren't in the business of giving out money until they legally have to and that is usually after every loop hole is examined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Insurance companies make money. They aren't in the business of giving out money until they legally have to and that is usually after every loop hole is examined.
    I'm convinced that insurance companies deny all claims initially just to see if you will not appeal. I have to deal with health insurance companies. I had a patient recently who has migraine headaches, is intolerant to tryptans, allergic to the monoclonal antibody meds, and has had an increase in her headaches since getting the covid vaccine. I gave her some samples of a different kind of headache medication, and it worked for her. When I sent a prescription, her insurance denied it. When I appealed, they sent a list of questions where, if they had read my office note, had already been answered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I'm convinced that insurance companies deny all claims initially just to see if you will not appeal. I have to deal with health insurance companies. I had a patient recently who has migraine headaches, is intolerant to tryptans, allergic to the monoclonal antibody meds, and has had an increase in her headaches since getting the covid vaccine. I gave her some samples of a different kind of headache medication, and it worked for her. When I sent a prescription, her insurance denied it. When I appealed, they sent a list of questions where, if they had read my office note, had already been answered.
    I worked for an insurance broker on home insurance. If they ever paid a claim then the insurance automatically went up 10-20% to basically pay it back. Insurance for the most part is kind of like a savings account that you only get 30% of the money back that you put in.

vCash
    Depends on the type of insurance you talking about and the carrier, I guess. I worked 20 years for specialized physical damage and inland marine claims for about 30 different carriers, less than 1% was ever denied and NEVER denied until after our initial investigation. Never had a carrier deny the claim upon the receipt of the claim. Again, this is property physical damage claims. Still do storm claim work and the carriers I worked for actually expand coverages during a storm event and they gave out way above policy language during Katrina.

vCash

Believe the general policy across the health insurance industry is to deny most claims three (3) times. The working theory is most people will give up before coming to a satisfactory resolution.
    No matter the hassle, any client with a valid claim should not give up. Stand your ground, and keep contesting their decision with valid documented proof of claim.
    Your patient is fortunate you are their advocate. Some healthcare providers only make the effort once, if at all, then it is up to the patient. The reason being shortage of time or staff.
    In my opinion, the insurance industry is not what it used to be 3 to 5 decades ago. Then, some actually operated with integrity. I may be jaded, but I believe those days are gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Depends on the type of insurance you talking about and the carrier, I guess. I worked 20 years for specialized physical damage and inland marine claims for about 30 different carriers, less than 1% was ever denied and NEVER denied until after our initial investigation. Never had a carrier deny the claim upon the receipt of the claim. Again, this is property physical damage claims. Still do storm claim work and the carriers I worked for actually expand coverages during a storm event and they gave out way above policy language during Katrina.
    Can you, or will you, divulge any company names regarding better storm damage coverage?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Can you, or will you, divulge any company names regarding better storm damage coverage?
    Are you asking about Homeowners? If so, I specialized with commercial equipment (from forestry to Cranes to Over the Road and everything in between), inland marine, marine claims, property damages, etc. Couldn’t tell you on personal lines.

Commercial property you end up with only so many choices or subsidiaries of carriers like Travelers, Chubb, etc.

Commercial PD, equipment, inland marine claims you have a much broader choice in state, if you asking about those lines of coverage I can give you some good idea of where you want to look.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 05-13-2021 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    Are you asking about Homeowners? If so, I specialized with commercial equipment (from forestry to Cranes to Over the Road and everything in between), inland marine, marine claims, property damages, etc. Couldn’t tell you on personal lines.

Commercial property you end up with only so many choices or subsidiaries of carriers like Travelers, Chubb, etc.

Commercial PD, equipment, inland marine claims you have a much broader choice in state, if you asking about those lines of coverage I can give you some good idea of where you want to look.

Okay, as I read through your comment the first time, I misinterpreted the later half regarding storm damage relating it to personal homeowner property. My mistake. Thanks for the clarification.

vCash
    Okay, as I read through your comment the first time, I misinterpreted the later half regarding storm damage relating it to personal homeowner property. My mistake. Thanks for the clarification.
    No problem! Would have been happy to help if I had the knowledge to do so.

vCash

vCash
    I'll tell you a good homeowners company from my experience - Country Financial. Didn't know if they cover MS. I had damage from Hurricane Irma - had an adjuster on site within 24 hours, and a check cut on site for roof damage.. Had a couple of big busted live oak limbs still hanging in trees - which they don't cover. Adjuster asked "you lost power didn't you?" We had only lost it for about 5 hours. While shaking his head yes he said "and you lost all the food in your fridge, you have a $500 allowance for that. And I think I saw you had a deep freeze (I didn't) and you get a $500 allowance for lost food in that too." I just shook my head and got me an extra grand to help with the tree work. My premium didn't change. They are not the cheapest coverage - but they paid off and provided excellent coverage and service.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'll tell you a good homeowners company from my experience - Country Financial. Didn't know if they cover MS. I had damage from Hurricane Irma - had an adjuster on site within 24 hours, and a check cut on site for roof damage.. Had a couple of big busted live oak limbs still hanging in trees - which they don't cover. Adjuster asked "you lost power didn't you?" We had only lost it for about 5 hours. While shaking his head yes he said "and you lost all the food in your fridge, you have a $500 allowance for that. And I think I saw you had a deep freeze (I didn't) and you get a $500 allowance for lost food in that too." I just shook my head and got me an extra grand to help with the tree work. My premium didn't change. They are not the cheapest coverage - but they paid off and provided excellent coverage and service.
    They are not writing in Mississippi. Glad they went over and above from the storm damage

vCash
    They are not writing in Mississippi. Glad they went over and above from the storm damage
    I was shocked. I heard horror stories locally from people who had State Farm and Allstate.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I worked for an insurance company for 13 years first as an underwriter then as an underwriting manager. It is true that there are and have been companies that deny claims at the drop of a hat and are more difficult to deal with however it was not uncommon to receive phone calls from customers who had no idea what the policy they were paying for covered or didn't cover. Now you can lay that at the feet of the agent for not explaining it thoroughly but ultimately it is the consumers responsibility to know what they're buying and how their property is covered, ex: actual cash value vs replacement cost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    I worked for an insurance company for 13 years first as an underwriter then as an underwriting manager. It is true that there are and have been companies that deny claims at the drop of a hat and are more difficult to deal with however it was not uncommon to receive phone calls from customers who had no idea what the policy they were paying for covered or didn't cover. Now you can lay that at the feet of the agent for not explaining it thoroughly but ultimately it is the consumers responsibility to know what they're buying and how their property is covered, ex: actual cash value vs replacement cost.
    Always pay the extra for replacement cost when it’s available and get the broadest coverage you can afford. Just those things can help stop issues with a claim before it even starts.