Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rumor is Leiter...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    I worked for an insurance company for 13 years first as an underwriter then as an underwriting manager. It is true that there are and have been companies that deny claims at the drop of a hat and are more difficult to deal with however it was not uncommon to receive phone calls from customers who had no idea what the policy they were paying for covered or didn't cover. Now you can lay that at the feet of the agent for not explaining it thoroughly but ultimately it is the consumers responsibility to know what they're buying and how their property is covered, ex: actual cash value vs replacement cost.
    It's probably not that the agent didn't explain it thoroughly. The agent probably didn't explain it at all or actively misled them. A very small number of people look past total coverage, deductible, and price. Hell, a good number of people don't even take into account all three. So agents give them what they want rather than what they probably need because trying to give them what they need will cost them business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I was shocked. I heard horror stories locally from people who had State Farm and Allstate.
    Don't know any specifics about Allstate, but I will never have State Farm for anything. I have heard their auto insurance is actually good to deal with, but if you have them for home insurance, you have to know that at the end of the day, you are buying the right to sue them, because they will 17 you if it's in their best interest. Insurance that is good to deal with when things are going well but 17s you if they decide honoring the contract will be too costly is not good insurance at any price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It's probably not that the agent didn't explain it thoroughly. The agent probably didn't explain it at all or actively misled them. A very small number of people look past total coverage, deductible, and price. Hell, a good number of people don't even take into account all three. So agents give them what they want rather than what they probably need because trying to give them what they need will cost them business.
    I'm sure that happens as well but again that is where the consumer needs to ask questions if they are not sure of what they are buying. Sometimes, however, the agent is doing right by the customer but it is the company that changes the policy type, the coverage, etc. Also in many cases the agent has little to any say on if or how a claim is settled. They can plead their case but the Claims department ultimately will make the decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    I said back when he threw the no hitter against SC that he had thrown 220 pitches in the last two starts and that might come back to bite them I was informed by Rex54 and Brunswick that it wasn't a big deal. Apparently it is a big deal and the effects are coming home to roost.
    110 pitches in an outing isn't a huge workload and if he can't handle that over what 15-16 starts it's going to be tough being asked to log 180+ innings in the big leagues when the average pitch count per successful start is between 90-115 pitches.

The bigger problem is stressful long innings.

Id rather a guy throw 9 complete and finish around 110-120 pitches than a guy go 4 and log 75 pitches due to having a rough more strenuous inning or two. If a guy is cruising and most of his pitches are in low stress situations you probably won't see any arm issues directly related to pitch count.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    110 pitches in an outing isn't a huge workload and if he can't handle that over what 15-16 starts it's going to be tough being asked to log 180+ innings in the big leagues when the average pitch count per successful start is between 90-115 pitches.

The bigger problem is stressful long innings.

Id rather a guy throw 9 complete and finish around 110-120 pitches than a guy go 4 and log 75 pitches due to having a rough more strenuous inning or two. If a guy is cruising and most of his pitches are in low stress situations you probably won't see any arm issues directly related to pitch count.
    This. Any inning 25 pitches plus is way more damaging. Especially if followed by another long inning. Good post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They basically beat us without him. Vandy will still be good. Not as good, but good.
    But, there are some other rumors up there too, and if true, would end any hope for them.
    Thought that MSU actually faced Leiter AND won the game! Someone said that it was 'first' SEC loss in two years with Vandy!

And 'IF' you think his loss won't affect their post season, you are delusional.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Thought that MSU actually faced Leiter AND won the game! Someone said that it was 'first' SEC loss in two years with Vandy!

And 'IF' you think his loss won't affect their post season, you are delusional.
    Well, for a guy with a bad arm Leiter just wore the Sharks smooth out. I think Corbin mislead everyone on Leiter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Well, for a guy with a bad arm Leiter just wore the Sharks smooth out. I think Corbin mislead everyone on Leiter.
    So, you're saying pitching your best pitchers the most is ok? Asking for a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Yeah, had we not gotten clowned ourselves this weekend, I might've taken some joy in seeing him literally deep dick OM down to the hilt today. Tomorrows a big game in that series. I'm curious if OM were to win how far they'd jump...