Thread: WRs

vCash

WRs

Here are some cold hard facts for yall. Calvin will come in and be one of the better WRs on the roster on day 1. So will Makai Polk. And Calvin is not a world beater. Polk is what State has been missing since Bear Wilson. A guy who can win on 3rd and 8 when they know you have to throw it. A legit outside WR. Anyway, It shows you how bad we have been at WR and the fact that we did what we did in the air raid with a Fr QB and 2 decent wideouts (Walley, Williams) a major accomplishment. Dont give me Heath either he has a lot to prove. He has said and done the right things in the off-season but he still hasnt earned the benefit of the doubt. Harvey needs to grow up bc he was made for this offense. It is time for Ducking to play or get gone too. No more excuses for this group. Leach will move on with the younger ones in a heartbeat

The fact that we are still taking transfer wideouts show you what we really think about some of them.
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 05-11-2021 at 12:59 PM.

vCash
    How can you tell Heath is from hinds county and not rankin? OP

Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Here are some cold hard facts for yall. Calvin will come in and be one of the better WRs on the roster on day 1. So will Makai Polk. And Calvin is not a world beater. Polk is what State has been missing since Bear Wilson. A guy who can win on 3rd and 8 when they know you have to throw it. A legit outside WR. Anyway, It shows you how bad we have been at WR and the fact that we did what we did in the air raid with a Fr QB and 2 decent wideouts (Walley, Williams) a major accomplishment. Dont give me Heath either he has a lot to prove. He has said and done the right things in the off-season but he still hasnt earned the benefit of the doubt. Harvey needs to grow up bc he was made for this offense. It is time for Ducking to play or get gone too. No more excuses for this group. Leach will move on with the younger ones in a heartbeat

The fact that we are still taking transfer wideouts show you what we really think about some of them.
    Calvin is the true slot guy that we need in this offense.

I think our starters are Heath, Walley, Calvin and Tulu. Polk looked Ok. I know- spring game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I think our starters are Heath, Walley, Calvin and Tulu. Polk looked Ok. I know- spring game.
    From what I have been told, Ducking has looked the best of all the receivers this spring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    From what I have been told, Ducking has looked the best of all the receivers this spring
    I hope he’s as good as I’ve heard he is; it’s about time we hit big time on a receiver again.

vCash
    He has not been. He's still got a little ways to go with consistency. Polk will be solid but still is learning.

vCash
    Who would you consider to have looked the best this spring?

vCash
    Who would you consider to have looked the best this spring?
    Walley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He has not been. He's still got a little ways to go with consistency. Polk will be solid but still is learning.
    Ducking reminds me of the typical receiver we have been getting. Very raw. But he kind of reminds me a little bit of Bear Wilson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Heath and Tulu both play X so they can't both start. Calvin played Y at WSU, which is what Walley plays, so unless they move one of them they both won't start either. Maybe they move Calvin to H and Austin back to Y to backup Walley, but they love Austin so I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

Yea, put me in the show me camp with Heath also. Looks like he should be great but hasn't shown it yet. I'm actually higher on Tulu than him. He obviously needs to show it too, but he is a sophomore that showed flashes towards the end of the year. Only concern with him is him not playing earlier given his apparent abilities makes me think there is some Achilles heel I'm not aware of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yea, put me in the show me camp with Heath also. Looks like he should be great but hasn't shown it yet. I'm actually higher on Tulu than him. He obviously needs to show it too, but he is a sophomore that showed flashes towards the end of the year. Only concern with him is him not playing earlier given his apparent abilities makes me think there is some Achilles heel I'm not aware of.
    Just like most of our WRs not named Walley, both have to show they can be great consistently. It seems to always be the knock on our WRs except for a handful over the last 20 years.