Done for the year.

vCash
    Wonder how far he drops in draft

vCash
    They're done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    They're done.
    Yep. With the state of their bullpen, losing Hoglund pretty much sinks whatever slim post-season hopes they had.

vCash
    Really really sucks for the kid. Latest mock draft had him going #8 overall. Turned down 1st round money out of high school. Similar to JT Ginn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cchjxn View Post
    Really really sucks for the kid. Latest mock draft had him going #8 overall. Turned down 1st round money out of high school. Similar to JT Ginn
    Whats the High School rule? Round 1 take the money and run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    They're done.
    Yep. Best hitter, gone. Best pitcher, done. DONE fork in em.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Whats the High School rule? Round 1 take the money and run.
    He is going to get near the same amount of money, if I had to take a guess. Just like Ginn. But I don't disagree with your point of a first rounder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yep. Best hitter, gone. Best pitcher, done. DONE fork in em.
    They won't even make it out of a regional. They have Nikhazy and they have Broadway. That's it. They're going to run out of depth fast

vCash
    The big question now is Mike Bianco done in Oxford?

vCash

sucks for us, too

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    The big question now is Mike Bianco done in Oxford?
    Because if Vanderbilt sweeps them, we have almost no chance to win the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He is going to get near the same amount of money, if I had to take a guess. Just like Ginn. But I don't disagree with your point of a first rounder.
    He's going to want over slot money, but I highly doubt he gets what he would have gotten as a top 10 pick. He was probably looking at $5.3 million to $5.5 million as a top 10 pick. If he drops to the mid 20s, those bonus slots drop to $2.5-2.8 million. The teams picking there do not have large slot pools.

vCash
    Not saying this is the cause, however I said on here before that these guys aren't 26 years old, and they pitched limited innings last year. So I'm not a fan of throwing these guys so many innings. Hoglund, Rocker, Nikhazy, Leiter for example. I think Lemonis keeping MacLeod and Bednar in the range of 80-95 pitches will be beneficial. It's a marathon, not a sprint. And for teams with aspirations like Ole Miss, MSU, Vandy, Arkansas, etc., the season doesn't start until the first of June. You want to enter June healthy and deep. You have to be careful with your starters, and develop bullpen depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Not saying this is the cause, however I said on here before that these guys aren't 26 years old, and they pitched limited innings last year. So I'm not a fan of throwing these guys so many innings. Hoglund, Rocker, Nikhazy, Leiter for example. I think Lemonis keeping MacLeod and Bednar in the range of 80-95 pitches will be beneficial. It's a marathon, not a sprint. And for teams with aspirations like Ole Miss, MSU, Vandy, Arkansas, etc., the season doesn't start until the first of June. You want to enter June healthy and deep. You have to be careful with your starters, and develop bullpen depth.
    I think the limited innings last year is the big key. I feel like Lemonis is about to look like the smart guy playing the long game with our pitchers. If that means taking a few Ls, I'm fine with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I think the limited innings last year is the big key. I feel like Lemonis is about to look like the smart guy playing the long game with our pitchers. If that means taking a few Ls, I'm fine with it.
    This is what I've been saying for the entire year. We're talking about 18-22 year olds who until late February had not thrown a competitive pitch in almost a full calendar year. That's a heck of a long time and no amt. of bullpens is going to simulate the wear and tear a season will put on a pitchers arm. I think pitching recruits need to look at how Fox and Lemonis have handled our pitchers and then compare that to Corbin and Bianco. I know some on here think we baby our pitchers, but there's a method to what we're doing and pretty sound reasoning behind why we're doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This is what I've been saying for the entire year. We're talking about 18-22 year olds who until late February had not thrown a competitive pitch in almost a full calendar year. That's a heck of a long time and no amt. of bullpens is going to simulate the wear and tear a season will put on a pitchers arm. I think pitching recruits need to look at how Fox and Lemonis have handled our pitchers and then compare that to Corbin and Bianco. I know some on here think we baby our pitchers, but there's a method to what we're doing and pretty sound reasoning behind why we're doing it.
    It's an analytics driven game now. One of the big changes that has been made with analytics is that managers do not tend to let their starting pitcher go through the order a third time. This has put a major emphasis on relief pitchers. I feel like, going forward, you are going to see some of the better arms actually come out of the pen and do it for multiple innings instead of just specializing for one inning. Lemonis has already done this with the pen this year to keep the guys fresh. Brandon Smith, Landon Sims, Houston Harding, Preston Johnson, and Cameron Tullar have all been multi-inning relievers for the most part this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    MacLeod pitched 21.0 innings last year. Bednar pitched 15.1 innings last year. And they weren't SEC innings.

vCash
    Well... Nancy has his excuse for failing again.

vCash
    Sucks for Hoglund. Hopefully, he comes back stronger and has a great MLB career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Well... Nancy has his excuse for failing again.
    What's the excuse going to be when our short slap hitters are a National Seed?**