Thread: Fristoe not starting this weekend?

vCash

Fristoe not starting this weekend?

Apparently Lemonis said somewhere that someone would be starting in place of Fristoe. I?m assuming that he is going to be rested. If so, I think this is a good move and hopefully he comes back fresh. It has been obvious that his velocity has been down the last two or three weeks and he has hit the freshman wall.

vCash
    Freshman wall I’m sure. Lemonis said Sat starter (usually Sun) would be TBD....

I have no prob with Lemonis resting out pitchers. Pitching didn’t loose the hame Sunday. Leaving 127 people on base did... It shouldn’t have even been close going to the Bot 9.

Banned
    vCash
    Lemonis and Company are steaming ahead, full speed.

vCash
    Should be Harding in my opinion. He's been better than Fristoe the last 3 weeks.

Fristoe long term has better stuff but right now Harding is more effective. He deserves to get the start this week.

vCash
    I love it. Give him a "rest" while getting to see how a guy like Harding responds in the weekend rotation. Win/Win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Freshman wall I’m sure. Lemonis said Sat starter (usually Sun) would be TBD....

I have no prob with Lemonis resting out pitchers. Pitching didn’t loose the hame Sunday. Leaving 127 people on base did... It shouldn’t have even been close going to the Bot 9.
    There was a lot that went into that loss Sunday, so there is plenty of blame to go around. Leaving 4,000 on base was a big part but the errors on Saturday to give extra outs that forced Sims into that game also may have changed things on Sunday as well. Then the pitching we had out there still could have shut them down Sunday. I can't blame just one thing, teams win and lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    There was a lot that went into that loss Sunday, so there is plenty of blame to go around. Leaving 4,000 on base was a big part but the errors on Saturday to give extra outs that forced Sims into that game also may have changed things on Sunday as well. Then the pitching we had out there still could have shut them down Sunday. I can't blame just one thing, teams win and lose.
    Sunday’s game was lost on Sat starting In the 6th inning..

vCash
    I like Fristoe. But Harding should have been giving the chance on Sunday a long time ago. Glad to see us give him the chance before postseason play starts.

vCash
    Fristoe is going to be really good, but it’s time to switch it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Sunday’s game was lost on Sat starting In the 6th inning..
    And lost several more times by various stranding runners and again with pitching not holding the lead late. Like I said, lots of blame to go around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I love it. Give him a "rest" while getting to see how a guy like Harding responds in the weekend rotation. Win/Win
    This. Let Fristoe reset.

vCash
    Fristoe is headed to the pen.

vCash
    When Fristoe was effective early on, the gun was reading 94/95. The last couple of weeks, 91. You have to assume those numbers are correct b/c his effectiveness, or lack thereof, correlates with the drop in velocity. I hope they give him a week or so off so he is full bore for the post season.

vCash
    Fristoe hasnt hit a wall. Fristoe isnt pounding the zone. Too many leadoff walks and inconsistency. He needs to hit the pen and let someone else get a turn. I hate Cade didnt get his start today- need him ready for the SEC Tourney and beyond.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Fristoe hasnt hit a wall. Fristoe isnt pounding the zone. Too many leadoff walks and inconsistency. He needs to hit the pen and let someone else get a turn. I hate Cade didnt get his start today- need him ready for the SEC Tourney and beyond.
    Reason for loss of velocity?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Agree, he lost control and the walks really hurt him. Pen will do him some good, get his focus back. Starting as a freshman is tough in SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Reason for loss of velocity?
    He hasnt had any big dip but things like that can be explained with the differences in radar guns used at home vs the road. He's thrown 44.2 innings- I'm willing to bet he threw that many innings and more in HS and summer ball

1st 24.2 IP's- 10 BB's (thats thru UPig)
    Last 20 IP's- 21 BB's
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-11-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is