Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal (Women's Basketball)

vCash

Transfer Portal (Women's Basketball)

2 of the transfer related post players that Miss. State has appeared interested in are now showing as being followed on Twitter by former Miss. State Women's Basketball assistant coach Wesley Brooks (hired a few weeks ago) among others..who was today reported as Ohio State Women's Basketball new assistant coach Wesley Brooks. One of them followed by Wesley Brooks and another Ohio State assistant coach. Was reported earlier today that Brooks, hired a few weeks ago, was leaving Miss. State for Ohio State. Brooks leaving appears to have already been in the works before being reported today. At least one of these players started following him before today.

Besides this..been fairly quiet lately regarding the Miss. State women's basketball program and transfers.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 05-11-2021 at 09:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    2 of the transfer related post players that Miss. State has appeared interested in are now showing as being followed on Twitter by former Miss. State Women's Basketball assistant coach (recently hired..few weeks on job) and now newly reported (today) as Ohio State Women's Basketball Assistant Wesley Brooks...among others. One of them by Wesley Brooks and another Ohio State assistant coach. Was reported early today that Brooks, hired a few weeks ago, was leaving Miss. State for Ohio State. Brooks leaving appears to have already been in the works before being reported today....at least one of these players started following him before oday.

Besides this.been fairly quiet lately regarding the Miss. State women's basketball program and transfers.
    Best of luck to him. However we have connections to that area with our other assistants. Now that the dead period is over I think things will pick back up.

vCash
    Best to Coach Brooks as he moves forward.
    Also, both Coach Keith Freeman and Coach Tamisha Augustin specialize in post players, and Coach Augustin is the recruiting coordinator on top of that. Wouldn't be surprised to hear some good news fairly soon.

vCash
    Best to Coach Brooks as he moves forward.
    Also, both Coach Keith Freeman and Coach Tamisha Augustin specialize in post players, and Coach Augustin is the recruiting coordinator on top of that. Wouldn't be surprised to hear some good news fairly soon.
    It's not going to matter. I mean, hell, we had talented players this year that NMP couldn't coach. What makes us think she will be able to coach anyone else with talent? It's not going to matter who we bring in. The fact that NMP is our coach right now dooms the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    It's not going to matter. I mean, hell, we had talented players this year that NMP couldn't coach. What makes us think she will be able to coach anyone else with talent? It's not going to matter who we bring in. The fact that NMP is our coach right now dooms the program.
    I disagree. Also, most of these are different players...her players. Come back again during and after next season and discus this.

vCash
    We lost a coach who had been in the job for less than one month for quote family reasons If you can't see that's troubling I don't know what to tell you.

vCash
    Yawn

vCash
    Sadly, nothing is going to change as long as she is head coach. 12 all-Americans wouldn’t make a difference with her as coach. She has completely destroyed a top 5 program in less than a year and if you can’t see that then you must be sitting by her on the bench.

vCash
    Not so fast...
    Coach McCray-Penson was the 2019-2020 Conference USA Coach Of The Year. at Old Dominion. Also, was a key piece to South Carolina's 2015 Final 4 run, and their 2017 national championship while an assistant there. Getting more of her own players in place, adjustments, and players getting more familiar/experience with her system were big keys to her success at Old Dominion. Coach Schaefer's recruits were brought in for his system. These are mostly different talented players, being brought in specifically with her system in.mind....her players.
    Old Dominion....
    2017-18 (8-23)
    2018-19 (21-11)
    2019-20 (24-3, C-USA Coach Of The Year)

Lets have this conversation over the next 2 seasons. Get back with this conversation during, and after next season...and beyond.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 05-11-2021 at 02:36 PM.

vCash
    Lets have this conversation over the next 2 seasons. Get back with this conversation during, and after next season...and beyond.
    Stop trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Stop trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen.
    I can't believe there are actually fans who truly believe she will keep her job after the up coming season. It's going to be a freaking disaster of a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I can't believe there are actually fans who truly believe she will keep her job after the up coming season. It's going to be a freaking disaster of a season.
    I was referring to trying to discuss the sport in general, but correct.

vCash
    As far as the locker room, Vic had way more problems dealing with what he had too versus Penson not controlling. Problem was solved by the time Penson took over and things got way worse for different reasons.
    Last edited by basedog; 05-11-2021 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Gloom and doom, sky is falling, pending doom folks..laying on the tracks trying to stop the train. We definitely see you..

vCash
    I wasn?t super impressed with Brooks in the first place but was giving the benefit of the doubt.

I?m usually against this strategy but I?d hire the one that can bring a solid post player with them somehow and then if they can?t coach at all try it again the next year.

vCash
    Not so fast...
    Coach McCray-Penson was the 2019-2020 Conference USA Coach Of The Year. at Old Dominion. Also, was a key piece to South Carolina's 2015 Final 4 run, and their 2017 national championship while an assistant there. Getting more of her own players in place, adjustments, and players getting more familiar/experience with her system were big keys to her success at Old Dominion. Coach Schaefer's recruits were brought in for his system. These are mostly different talented players, being brought in specifically with her system in.mind....her players.
    Old Dominion....
    2017-18 (8-23)
    2018-19 (21-11)
    2019-20 (24-3, C-USA Coach Of The Year)

next 2 seasons your a damn idiot or NMP HERSELF.

vCash

No point in arguing with the naysayers

They have made their minds. Shouldn't be negating a good thread, but there are assholes everywhere in life.

This will be an interesting season, any idea on post players? I saw the juco threads, before they turned to a shit storm like this one.

Peace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I wasn?t super impressed with Brooks in the first place but was giving the benefit of the doubt.

I?m usually against this strategy but I?d hire the one that can bring a solid post player with them somehow and then if they can?t coach at all try it again the next year.
    Of the two hires the coach from Arizona was much more impressive. However I was willing to see regarding Coach Brooks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    next 2 seasons your a damn idiot or NMP HERSELF.
    Says the guy that has viciously ripped our baseball team all year... until recently, wonder why? And if you are gonna call someone an "idiot", you moron, it's "you're ... not your"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Says the guy that has viciously ripped our baseball team all year... until recently, wonder why? And if you are gonna call someone an "idiot", you moron, it's "you're ... not your"
    go 16 your sister