Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal (Women's Basketball)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I can't believe there are actually fans who truly believe she will keep her job after the up coming season. It's going to be a freaking disaster of a season.
    I don't "truly believe she will" earn a 3rd year, but we weren't so bad in this past year that it's outside the realm of possibility. Let's keep thing in perspective. The men's team (that we were all pretty happy with and think has a bright future ahead) had 5 losses worse than the women's team's worst loss by NET rankings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I don't "truly believe she will" earn a 3rd year, but we weren't so bad in this past year that it's outside the realm of possibility. Let's keep thing in perspective. The men's team (that we were all pretty happy with and think has a bright future ahead) had 5 losses worse than the women's team's worst loss by NET rankings.
    The men?s team wasn?t coming off the success the women?s team has had over the previous four years and didn?t return the majority of its contributors from a 27 win team like the women?s team did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Gloom and doom, sky is falling, pending doom folks..laying on the tracks trying to stop the train. We definitely see you..
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    This
    Did you just quote your own post with a "this"? I believe it was implied you believe "this" when you initially posted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Did you just quote your own post with a "this"? I believe it was implied you believe "this" when you initially posted.
    This

vCash
    It's not going to matter. I mean, hell, we had talented players this year that NMP couldn't coach. What makes us think she will be able to coach anyone else with talent? It's not going to matter who we bring in. The fact that NMP is our coach right now dooms the program.
    I've said it plenty of times already but judge her going forward and not from last year with the stopping and starting of play due to Covid, plus her being a new coach with players she didn't recruit. Everyone keeps saying how talented we were last year but were we really that talented? Other than Rickea and Jessica Carter who was setting the world on fire consistently in that group? Even under Vic? Matharu showed a few flashes, so did Hayes a few games but no one really impressed me other than who I mentioned. I'm still supporting the program because I understand how hard it is to replace someone like Vic...and if we look anything close to how we did this past year I'll say we need to move on too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I've said it plenty of times already but judge her going forward and not from last year with the stopping and starting of play due to Covid, plus her being a new coach with players she didn't recruit. Everyone keeps saying how talented we were last year but were we really that talented? Other than Rickea and Jessica Carter who was setting the world on fire consistently in that group? Even under Vic? Matharu showed a few flashes, so did Hayes a few games but no one really impressed me other than who I mentioned. I'm still supporting the program because I understand how hard it is to replace someone like Vic...and if we look anything close to how we did this past year I'll say we need to move on too.
    Yes. This team was very talented. It’s evident by who picked up the players after they transferred. Here’s the thing though. Two years ago, this was a very young team under Vic. Rickea was a true freshman. Jessika was a sophomore. Xaria was a sophomore. Alliyah and Jamaya were both true freshmen. Jordan Danberry was the only upper class man that was really contributing much to that team. Rickea and Jessika were the leading scorers. With a very freshman and sophomore heavy line up, Vic won 27 games. The team would have been a top 3 seed in the NCAA tournament. This program returned almost all of its rotation players from that team.

Covid is an excuse that gets used for NMP a lot. Covid isn’t the reason NMP doesn’t have a set offense or defense. Covid isn’t the reason players didn’t improve as the season went along under NMP. Covid isn’t the reason the team was unprepared to play game in and game out. Covid isn’t the reason there was no accountability.

What does it matter that she will now supposedly have “her” recruits if she continues to run the same 5 out offense that has no motion, back screens, on the ball screens, or does anything to get good shots for its players?

By keeping her another year, we are effectively making the job less attractive when it comes time to replace her. And now whoever takes the job is going to have to deal with Sherry and Arnett Hayes, who will dictate to Nikki that everything needs to be catered to the Hayes sisters on this team.

vCash
    Yes. This team was very talented. It’s evident by who picked up the players after they transferred. Here’s the thing though. Two years ago, this was a very young team under Vic. Rickea was a true freshman. Jessika was a sophomore. Xaria was a sophomore. Alliyah and Jamaya were both true freshmen. Jordan Danberry was the only upper class man that was really contributing much to that team. Rickea and Jessika were the leading scorers. With a very freshman and sophomore heavy line up, Vic won 27 games. The team would have been a top 3 seed in the NCAA tournament. This program returned almost all of its rotation players from that team.

Covid is an excuse that gets used for NMP a lot. Covid isn’t the reason NMP doesn’t have a set offense or defense. Covid isn’t the reason players didn’t improve as the season went along under NMP. Covid isn’t the reason the team was unprepared to play game in and game out. Covid isn’t the reason there was no accountability.

What does it matter that she will now supposedly have “her” recruits if she continues to run the same 5 out offense that has no motion, back screens, on the ball screens, or does anything to get good shots for its players?

By keeping her another year, we are effectively making the job less attractive when it comes time to replace her. And now whoever takes the job is going to have to deal with Sherry and Arnett Hayes, who will dictate to Nikki that everything needs to be catered to the Hayes sisters on this team.
    Other than to add that in hindsight Chloe Bibby ended up being a pretty significant loss, this fairly well sums up the situation. However she is the coach whether I think she is the best fit or not. Therefore I?m going to hope she builds on what has been a good offseason to date and a good track record in the past.

vCash
    Let's just hope Penson learns from "her" mistakes, it's so much crap about how the players weren't talented and this Covid thingy. If one can truly Coach then they should be able to adjust to the players on what they can do until they get what some are saying "she needs her players" We are fixing to see but I will say I hope she does well but I will be on the sideline watching and pull for Msu. I'm just not sold on what I saw as this past year was a total collapse with no effort, hustle or improvement.

vCash
    The same folks bashing NMP are the same ones on their knees for Leach...similar situation similar results...but it?s ok for Leach to get his players and rid out the toxic ones but apparently not for NMP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonof34 View Post
    The same folks bashing NMP are the same ones on their knees for Leach...similar situation similar results...but it?s ok for Leach to get his players and rid out the toxic ones but apparently not for NMP
    They aren't even remotely similar situations. Leach didn't inherit a top 10 team. Leach inherited a team that was spiraling downward and had a bad culture. NMP inherited a team that was capable of winning now and eroded that culture.

vCash
    I've said this exact same thing before. Leach gets the pass but she didn't. Half this board hoped she failed before her 1st game she coached.

vCash
    Yes. This team was very talented. It?s evident by who picked up the players after they transferred. Here?s the thing though. Two years ago, this was a very young team under Vic. Rickea was a true freshman. Jessika was a sophomore. Xaria was a sophomore. Alliyah and Jamaya were both true freshmen. Jordan Danberry was the only upper class man that was really contributing much to that team. Rickea and Jessika were the leading scorers. With a very freshman and sophomore heavy line up, Vic won 27 games. The team would have been a top 3 seed in the NCAA tournament. This program returned almost all of its rotation players from that team.

Covid is an excuse that gets used for NMP a lot. Covid isn?t the reason NMP doesn?t have a set offense or defense. Covid isn?t the reason players didn?t improve as the season went along under NMP. Covid isn?t the reason the team was unprepared to play game in and game out. Covid isn?t the reason there was no accountability.

What does it matter that she will now supposedly have ?her? recruits if she continues to run the same 5 out offense that has no motion, back screens, on the ball screens, or does anything to get good shots for its players?

Two years ago, Bibby, Andra and Danberry were still there and played alot of those minutes. Of the new girls Rickea had the most impact and Matharu came on some late. I'm not bashing any of them on paper, yes they were all highly ranked.. but what have we really seen Yemiah Morris, Cooks, Mingo, Matharu and Wiggins really do?? When we lost Bibby, Danberry and those girls we lost alot. So for people to keep saying she took over this great team are somewhat over exaggerating. There are very few coaches that can come in and take a program built like Vic built ours, and hit the ground running without missing a step. She deserves one more year with the girls she recruits to run her fast paced style to see how good she can be.
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 05-12-2021 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    They aren't even remotely similar situations. Leach didn't inherit a top 10 team. Leach inherited a team that was spiraling downward and had a bad culture. NMP inherited a team that was capable of winning now and eroded that culture.
    May not have been top 10 but it was damn sure better than a 4 win team which he accomplished. And that women?s locker room was in a downward spiral even with Vic...the saving grace last year was danberry and her leadership...and from the multiple stories I?ve heard NMP inherited a shit show regardless of talent

vCash
    Respectfully how is it similar at all? Coach Moorhead had the team on a fast downward trajectory when Coach Leach took over. Coach Schaefer was 13-3 in conference and runner up to South Carolina for the SEC Tournament. Further, he was in the championship game of the SEC Tournament five straight years. Coach McCray-Penson went 5-7 in conference and got put out Thursday by LSU.

vCash
    Ok so are you and the rest of the NMP bashers going to support her, the new team and coaching staff or still continue to come on here and bash? You all know and understand 1 season as the new coach, replacing an historically great coach at any respective program is very tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Ok so are you and the rest of the NMP bashers going to support her, the new team and coaching staff or still continue to come on here and bash? You all know and understand 1 season as the new coach, replacing an historically great coach at any respective program is very tough.
    If she does really well this season then I think almost everyone will support her. But it’s obvious she has a whole lot to prove.

vCash
    Yep we will know soon enough if it?s time to start the coaching search board or not.

Even Rick Ray got that effort was required.

We didn?t give much last year so when games start it will be evident if she?s got any shot at a 3rd season or not

vCash
    May not have been top 10 but it was damn sure better than a 4 win team which he accomplished. And that women?s locker room was in a downward spiral even with Vic...the saving grace last year was danberry and her leadership...and from the multiple stories I?ve heard NMP inherited a shit show regardless of talent
    The idea that the locker room was a mess under Vic is another fabricated reason to absolve NMP of any responsibility for the program's downturn. You will have a hard time convincing me that the locker room was bad when Vic is winning 27 games overall and 13 in conference with these players. Vic was also phasing Chloe and AEH out of the rotation with Alliyah and Xaria getting more responsibility.

vCash
    The idea that the locker room was a mess under Vic is another fabricated reason to absolve NMP of any responsibility for the program's downturn. You will have a hard time convincing me that the locker room was bad when Vic is winning 27 games overall and 13 in conference with these players. Vic was also phasing Chloe and AEH out of the rotation with Alliyah and Xaria getting more responsibility.
    In fairness Coach Schaefer even talked openly about the difficulties and attitudes. He suspended multiple players throughout the season (as did Coach McCray-Penson). The key is he still won 27 games total and 13 in conference. Losing Danberry and Bibby was a factor but I can?t fathom it would be that big a factor. Bottom line is she simply didn?t even meet the floor of the basement for what she should have done. Coach McCray-Penson has a lot to prove.