Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transfer Portal (Women's Basketball)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    The idea that the locker room was a mess under Vic is another fabricated reason to absolve NMP of any responsibility for the program's downturn. You will have a hard time convincing me that the locker room was bad when Vic is winning 27 games overall and 13 in conference with these players. Vic was also phasing Chloe and AEH out of the rotation with Alliyah and Xaria getting more responsibility.
    Go back and watch some of the interviews Vic had when Rickea and that group were Freshman. He talked about attitude problems and some of the girls not buying in.. at one point a couple girls were late for a walk through before a game and if I remember right Rickea and one or two others got suspended for a game or two. There was definitely some tension going on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Go back and watch some of the interviews Vic had when Rickea and that group were Freshman. He talked about attitude problems and some of the girls not buying in.. at one point a couple girls were late for a walk through before a game and if I remember right Rickea and one or two others got suspended for a game or two. There was definitely some tension going on
    If I recall correctly it wasn't a couple of girls, it was most of the team that didn't show up for a walk thru. Not late - didn't show.

So yeah, Vic had some issues. But, he found a way to check them. But, if you top those same issues with a coach they didn't come here to play for - you can end up with a train wreck real fast, and we did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If I recall correctly it wasn't a couple of girls, it was most of the team that didn't show up for a walk thru. Not late - didn't show.

So yeah, Vic had some issues. But, he found a way to check them. But, if you top those same issues with a coach they didn't come here to play for - you can end up with a train wreck real fast, and we did.
    You are absolutely right! And I'm not saying Coach NMP is the savior, who knows??? but she brought in a pretty dang good class. And I hope she adds another Big to it and can make something happen for our program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonof34 View Post
    The same folks bashing NMP are the same ones on their knees for Leach...similar situation similar results...but it?s ok for Leach to get his players and rid out the toxic ones but apparently not for NMP
    No, not even close. The ones bashing NMP are the same ones that were bashing Jo Mo when it was as plain as day that no "getting his players" was going to change the fact that he wasn't the guy for the job. You don't take a team full of big time players and fail like NMP did because "you didn't have your players", just like you don't take a #1 defense in the country and fail like JoMo did because "he didn't have the players to run his offense". She's not the answer, and the only reason Cohen hasn't been hammered into making a change is because people care less about women's hoops than football, and the men's team is getting better, and everyone has accepted we missed our opportunity with Vic and we will never be that close again. There, I said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    No, not even close. The ones bashing NMP are the same ones that were bashing Jo Mo when it was as plain as day that no "getting his players" was going to change the fact that he wasn't the guy for the job. You don't take a team full of big time players and fail like NMP did because "you didn't have your players", just like you don't take a #1 defense in the country and fail like JoMo did because "he didn't have the players to run his offense". She's not the answer, and the only reason Cohen hasn't been hammered into making a change is because people care less about women's hoops than football, and the men's team is getting better, and everyone has accepted we missed our opportunity with Vic and we will never be that close again. There, I said it.
    As pretty close to a mic drop as u can get..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    This.