Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Transfer Portal (Women's Basketball)

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    709
    vCash
    500

    Transfer Portal (Women's Basketball)

    2 of the transfer related post players that Miss. State has appeared interested in are now showing as being followed on Twitter by former Miss. State Women's Basketball assistant coach Wesley Brooks (hired a few weeks ago) among others..who was today reported as Ohio State Women's Basketball new assistant coach Wesley Brooks. One of them followed by Wesley Brooks and another Ohio State assistant coach. Was reported earlier today that Brooks, hired a few weeks ago, was leaving Miss. State for Ohio State. Brooks leaving appears to have already been in the works before being reported today. At least one of these players started following him before today.

    Besides this..been fairly quiet lately regarding the Miss. State women's basketball program and transfers.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 05-11-2021 at 09:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    2 of the transfer related post players that Miss. State has appeared interested in are now showing as being followed on Twitter by former Miss. State Women's Basketball assistant coach (recently hired..few weeks on job) and now newly reported (today) as Ohio State Women's Basketball Assistant Wesley Brooks...among others. One of them by Wesley Brooks and another Ohio State assistant coach. Was reported early today that Brooks, hired a few weeks ago, was leaving Miss. State for Ohio State. Brooks leaving appears to have already been in the works before being reported today....at least one of these players started following him before oday.

    Besides this.been fairly quiet lately regarding the Miss. State women's basketball program and transfers.
    Best of luck to him. However we have connections to that area with our other assistants. Now that the dead period is over I think things will pick back up.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    709
    vCash
    500
    Best to Coach Brooks as he moves forward.
    Also, both Coach Keith Freeman and Coach Tamisha Augustin specialize in post players, and Coach Augustin is the recruiting coordinator on top of that. Wouldn't be surprised to hear some good news fairly soon.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,493
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Best to Coach Brooks as he moves forward.
    Also, both Coach Keith Freeman and Coach Tamisha Augustin specialize in post players, and Coach Augustin is the recruiting coordinator on top of that. Wouldn't be surprised to hear some good news fairly soon.
    It's not going to matter. I mean, hell, we had talented players this year that NMP couldn't coach. What makes us think she will be able to coach anyone else with talent? It's not going to matter who we bring in. The fact that NMP is our coach right now dooms the program.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    709
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    It's not going to matter. I mean, hell, we had talented players this year that NMP couldn't coach. What makes us think she will be able to coach anyone else with talent? It's not going to matter who we bring in. The fact that NMP is our coach right now dooms the program.
    I disagree. Also, most of these are different players...her players. Come back again during and after next season and discus this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,049
    vCash
    1200
    We lost a coach who had been in the job for less than one month for quote family reasons If you can't see that's troubling I don't know what to tell you.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,230
    vCash
    500
    Yawn

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,052
    vCash
    10
    Sadly, nothing is going to change as long as she is head coach. 12 all-Americans wouldn’t make a difference with her as coach. She has completely destroyed a top 5 program in less than a year and if you can’t see that then you must be sitting by her on the bench.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    709
    vCash
    500
    Not so fast...
    Coach McCray-Penson was the 2019-2020 Conference USA Coach Of The Year. at Old Dominion. Also, was a key piece to South Carolina's 2015 Final 4 run, and their 2017 national championship while an assistant there. Getting more of her own players in place, adjustments, and players getting more familiar/experience with her system were big keys to her success at Old Dominion. Coach Schaefer's recruits were brought in for his system. These are mostly different talented players, being brought in specifically with her system in.mind....her players.
    Old Dominion....
    2017-18 (8-23)
    2018-19 (21-11)
    2019-20 (24-3, C-USA Coach Of The Year)

    Lets have this conversation over the next 2 seasons. Get back with this conversation during, and after next season...and beyond.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 05-11-2021 at 02:36 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,230
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Lets have this conversation over the next 2 seasons. Get back with this conversation during, and after next season...and beyond.
    Stop trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,493
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Stop trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen.
    I can't believe there are actually fans who truly believe she will keep her job after the up coming season. It's going to be a freaking disaster of a season.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,230
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I can't believe there are actually fans who truly believe she will keep her job after the up coming season. It's going to be a freaking disaster of a season.
    I was referring to trying to discuss the sport in general, but correct.

  13. #13
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,698
    vCash
    600
    As far as the locker room, Vic had way more problems dealing with what he had too versus Penson not controlling. Problem was solved by the time Penson took over and things got way worse for different reasons.
    Last edited by basedog; 05-11-2021 at 04:14 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    709
    vCash
    500
    Gloom and doom, sky is falling, pending doom folks..laying on the tracks trying to stop the train. We definitely see you..

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,847
    vCash
    700
    I wasn?t super impressed with Brooks in the first place but was giving the benefit of the doubt.

    I?m usually against this strategy but I?d hire the one that can bring a solid post player with them somehow and then if they can?t coach at all try it again the next year.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,378
    vCash
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Not so fast...
    Coach McCray-Penson was the 2019-2020 Conference USA Coach Of The Year. at Old Dominion. Also, was a key piece to South Carolina's 2015 Final 4 run, and their 2017 national championship while an assistant there. Getting more of her own players in place, adjustments, and players getting more familiar/experience with her system were big keys to her success at Old Dominion. Coach Schaefer's recruits were brought in for his system. These are mostly different talented players, being brought in specifically with her system in.mind....her players.
    Old Dominion....
    2017-18 (8-23)
    2018-19 (21-11)
    2019-20 (24-3, C-USA Coach Of The Year)

    Lets have this conversation over the next 2 seasons. Get back with this conversation during, and after next season...and beyond.
    next 2 seasons your a damn idiot or NMP HERSELF.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    625
    vCash
    600

    No point in arguing with the naysayers

    They have made their minds. Shouldn't be negating a good thread, but there are assholes everywhere in life.

    This will be an interesting season, any idea on post players? I saw the juco threads, before they turned to a shit storm like this one.

    Peace.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I wasn?t super impressed with Brooks in the first place but was giving the benefit of the doubt.

    I?m usually against this strategy but I?d hire the one that can bring a solid post player with them somehow and then if they can?t coach at all try it again the next year.
    Of the two hires the coach from Arizona was much more impressive. However I was willing to see regarding Coach Brooks.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Turfdawg67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,567
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    next 2 seasons your a damn idiot or NMP HERSELF.
    Says the guy that has viciously ripped our baseball team all year... until recently, wonder why? And if you are gonna call someone an "idiot", you moron, it's "you're ... not your"

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,378
    vCash
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Says the guy that has viciously ripped our baseball team all year... until recently, wonder why? And if you are gonna call someone an "idiot", you moron, it's "you're ... not your"
    go 16 your sister

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.