Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tebow Be Back; Inks 1 yr deal w/Jags; Let the FUN Begin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Tebow 'bout to shake up the WORLD!! He gonna go ALI on the WORLD!!

What world is that? Lego Land?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    What world is that? Lego Land?
    LOL, Got a Rise from Beardo!! God Bless dude, hope the youngster's doing well sir.

PS: Love pissin' off my conservative brethren with my Ali references. They just can't handle Ali's Greatness.

vCash
    Archive that if you may, oh you of little faith
    Go right ahead. Urban is in the business of wining games. Tebow helps him win zero.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Go right ahead. Urban is in the business of wining games. Tebow helps him win zero.
    Tebow's headed for the NFL HOF and Penn Avenue. Book it.

vCash
    LOL, Got a Rise from Beardo!! God Bless dude, hope the youngster's doing well sir.

PS: Love pissin' off my conservative brethren with my Ali references. They just can't handle Ali's Greatness.
    Lol, cheers bud.

And yes, they're doing well. In fact, decided to get into New England summer spirt and have a lobster boil....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol, cheers bud.

And yes, they're doing well. In fact, decided to get into New England summer spirt and have a lobster boil....

Congrats Beard, beautiful; love conversing with my MSU Brethren wnith different views while I watch "All in the Family" and "Gunsmoke" Reruns
    Last edited by OLJWales; 05-10-2021 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    What's the big deal with this?

If he is good enough, he makes the roster. If not, no harm no foul. They don't lose a scholarship, just a contract they felt was worth the shot. My cousin did this 3 or 4 years after he last played. He never made another roster but teams kept bringing him back because he had been good. He had knee surgery and never got over it.

vCash
    I don't see the downside of bringing him in. First, he has run Urban's offense so what better resource for Trevor to have then someone who has been there and done that. Second, can any of you name the starting tight end for the Jaguars last year without Googling it? I know I couldn't. Answer - Tyler Eifert, who the Jaguars did not resign. James O'Shaughnessey is second team tight end. They drafted a TE in the 5th round from Ohio State who played for Urban and signed Chris Manhertz this offseason. Both of these guys are blocking tight ends. Tebow, potentially, offers an offensive option that Manhertz and the OSU kid do not. The other TE's on the roster are Ben Ellefson and Tyler Davis—both who were rookies last year who caught a combined one reception. Third, it puts butts in the seats and sells tickets/merchandise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    I don't see the downside of bringing him in. First, he has run Urban's offense so what better resource for Trevor to have then someone who has been there and done that. Second, can any of you name the starting tight end for the Jaguars last year without Googling it? I know I couldn't. Answer - Tyler Eifert, who the Jaguars did not resign. James O'Shaughnessey is second team tight end. They drafted a TE in the 5th round from Ohio State who played for Urban and signed Chris Manhertz this offseason. Both of these guys are blocking tight ends. Tebow, potentially, offers an offensive option that Manhertz and the OSU kid do not. The other TE's on the roster are Ben Ellefson and Tyler Davis—both who were rookies last year who caught a combined one reception. Third, it puts butts in the seats and sells tickets/merchandise.
    I don't think there is a downside - but I don't really believe there is an upside either. I live in the Jacksonville TV market and I tried to become a fan when I first moved here in 2000 - but they are a horribly run organization. If Tebow ends up contributing at TE, it is a comment more about the lack of talent on the roster and they will not improve on their 1-15 record from last year. And that is not meant as a knock on Tebow. I would have loved to have been athletic enough at 34 (or any age for that matter) to attempt something this crazy. But, if you took away the name and said "the Jags starting TE is a 34 year old former QB who has been out of the NFL for 9 years and never played the position before" - you would laugh your ass off and say "yep, sounds about right for the shitty Jags".
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    No way Urban Meyer cuts Tebow

vCash
    Tebow's headed for the NFL HOF and Penn Avenue. Book it.
    Maybe as a coach one day, but even in the unlikely event that he makes the roster, and the less likely event that he's a good TE, he's way too old to be starting a career that gets him to Canton as a player.

vCash
    He probably could have had a really good NFL career if he was willing to switch positions when he came out of college. He probably still have a few good years. His body is not worn out. I like him and hope he does well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Urban's got more to worry about than Tebow ... I'm not convinced he can win in the NFL.... John Robinson, Steve Spurrier, and Nick Saban couldn't make the transition and they were pretty good coaches. There are some that have had limited success like Pete Carrol or Jimmy Johnson but a good collegiate career just doesn't always translate well.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Well, they got 1 of 2 right. A TE that is a QB and a QB that's a TE.