Thread: Congrats to Mens Tennis in Sweet 16

vCash

Congrats to Mens Tennis in Sweet 16

Mens Tennis continues to perform beating a top 10 UCF in 2nd round. We have a very good program.

Banned
    vCash
    wasn't it the 2018 team that made that deep run? I remember the A&M dude destroying his racket after double faulting on the final point of the conference championship. Sorry if I'm missing something, just going on memory.

vCash
    Our tennis program is super solid.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Our tennis program is super solid.
    based on what I've seen and read, we've got a kick ass tennis coach.

vCash
    How many foreign students do we have? I know that's brought in some good players for men's and women's over the years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    wasn't it the 2018 team that made that deep run? I remember the A&M dude destroying his racket after double faulting on the final point of the conference championship. Sorry if I'm missing something, just going on memory.
    That was the SEC tourney title match, last match and TAMU I think he double faulted for the loss. I may have the point wrong but it was the final match for the championship we won. Men went to three straight SECT finals, made semis this year lost to #1 UF in a tight one.

This team is good.

Two years ago Borges lost in singles NC match to USC guy he killed twice that year. The MSU jinx lives on.

Banned
    vCash
    We are blessed with a damn good coach. Hope he doesn't end up at FL or A&M....sorry, had to say it, still gut punched from Women's Hoops

vCash
    We are blessed with a damn good coach. Hope he doesn't end up at FL or A&M....sorry, had to say it, still gut punched from Women's Hoops
    Hopefully we are stable; we just built the new indoor tennis complex. I think we didn't think big enough on the tennis complex though; it should have been 6 courts for indoor matches.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Hopefully we are stable; we just built the new indoor tennis complex. I think we didn't think big enough on the tennis complex though; it should have been 6 courts for indoor matches.
    I believe NCAA Tennis could get more play with better marketing; untapped

vCash
    Either 2018 or 2019 we were ranked in the Top 5 going into the regionals, maybe even better than that. In 2018 we lost in the Elite Eight, in 2019 we lost in the round of 16. We did beat A&M in the tourney for the SEC Championship one of those years. I think Borges made it to the national finals and lost one of those years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Either 2018 or 2019 we were ranked in the Top 5 going into the regionals, maybe even better than that. In 2018 we lost in the Elite Eight, in 2019 we lost in the round of 16. We did beat A&M in the tourney for the SEC Championship one of those years. I think Borges made it to the national finals and lost one of those years.
    Yeah Borges was #1 in country much of that year and lost in singles NC finals to USC kid he beat twice earlier that year handily. Tough, tough break for him. We played in 3 straight SECT championship matches, won two